Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

Does anyone know if Disney will work on a Now TV stick without a Now TV active sub? I'm assuming yes, but want to check.

Yes, Disney plus will

• Registered Users Posts: 86,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hailee Steinfeld has reportedly been confirmed to star in the Disney+ #Hawkeye series

Vera Farmiga (Eleanor Bishop), Florence Pugh (Yelena Belova), Fra Fee (Kazi), Tony Dalton (Jack Duquesne), Alaqua Cox (Maya Lopez), and Zahn McClarnon (William Lopez) will all appear

Watching Noelle(2019).I'm over half way in and its a fun Christmas story.Giving me Elf vibes.

It stars Anna Kendrick as Noelle Kringle who has to find her brother Nick played by Bill Hader who is due to become Santa and take over the family business but who has gone missing.

Is Noelle only on Disney?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Mulan is now available to all subscribers BTW

OU812 wrote: »
    Disney+18 coming 2021 (allegedly)

Booty and the Beast :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

S.M.B. wrote: »

Taylor Swift just announced that this is being released tonight at midnight (PST) and I'm a little giddy with excitement.

Well played Disney.

Just watched this, big fan of The National and Taylor. Folklore was a great album and this makes it feel even more personal. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Yeah, it exceeded my very lofty expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Watching Noelle(2019).I'm over half way in and its a fun Christmas story.Giving me Elf vibes.

It stars Anna Kendrick as Noelle Kringle who has to find her brother Nick played by Bill Hader who is due to become Santa and take over the family business but who has gone missing.

It can’t be that good if you are taking the time to write stuff online about it.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭setanta1000

Overall a bit meh.....it's no Elf!

Watched it with my 12 year old and we had made the mistake of watching the trailer beforehand so had seen the only funny bits in the film already.

....by the way I'm no Grinch but I'd be happy enough if someone stole this film so we wouldn't have to see it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disney Star launch in on February 23th and Disney+ price will increase to €8.99 to reflect the new service.
    The service will launch as a branded tile on its Disney+ platform in Europe, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and Singapore on February 23, 2021. The company will increase the price of the Disney+ service to reflect this, to €8.99 in continental Europe and with a “similar adjustment” in other markets.

Rebecca Campbell, Chairman, International Operations and Direct-to-Consumer, The Walt Disney Company made the announcement as part of its four-hour investor presentation.

She said that the service will include TV series and films from Disney Television Studios and FX as well as from its Disney library. “It will add a robust collection of our best original general entertainment films and series,” she said.

Star will be a more adult-orientated service featuring content from the company’s ABC, FX, Freeform, Searchlight, and 20th Century Studios brands.

It will essentially be a similar service to Hulu, which Disney CEO Bob Chapek has recently said has “no brand awareness” outside of the U.S. One difference, however, is that it will not include aggregated third-party content ala Hulu and will instead focus on shows that Disney owns, as well as those that do not fall into other licensing arrangements globally.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/disney-star-international-launch-streaming-service-1234653438/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

FX shows...Hmmmm...

I wonder if they’ll have Rescue Me on from the start.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

So it seems the Star brand will applied to two different things - here, and in most markets it will be another tile in the existing Disney+ service and will be included in existing subscriptions (with a price increase). In some other countries (those where ESPN operates as a broadcaster in its own right controlled by Disney)it will be a separate service bundled with ESPN.

Disney+ rising the price by €2 in Europe.

Whoopi Goldberg will star in 'Sister Act 3' and serve as a producer alongside Tyler Perry for Disney+.​

Someone with more eagley eyes than me has pointed out that the map of Europe in the Disney IR presentation (well worth a read, btw) is missing a certain two islands off the north west coast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Whoopi Goldberg will star in 'Sister Act 3' and serve as a producer alongside Tyler Perry for Disney+.​

This and a Noah Hawley Alien series: is that it, or was the rest just Marvel / Star Wars stuff? 'cos I get the Disney back catalogue is substantial, but feels like they're really banking on folks wanting to watch endless MCU/ SW material...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Disney+ rising the price by €2 in Europe.

Excellent value

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Are we definitely getting star here in Ireland or is Sky cockblocking it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

DeadWeight wrote: »

That'd be my worry. I don't know if Brexit means "we" can wrestle back some rights from them as we'd be further apart as jurisdictions??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Depending on if we get it, and what is on it, that will make Disney plus a much better option for those without kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭KildareP

icdg wrote: »
    Someone with more eagley eyes than me has pointed out that the map of Europe in the Disney IR presentation (well worth a read, btw) is missing a certain two islands off the north west coast.
    No, it's not looking very hopeful for us :(

Their slide deck from the presentation is here:
    https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/app/uploads/2020/12/Disney-Investor-Day-2020-Slides-121020.pdf

The map is on Page 31 and ourselves and the UK are clearly missing while on page 99 it refers to "Continental Europe", as opposed to just "Europe".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wonder how all these are going to work. Like I know after Mandalorian, we'll be into Wandavison. Are they going to alternate Star Wars and Marvel

DeadWeight wrote: »

I don’t think they meant that kind of “adult programming”...

In all seriousness it is unclear - as I mentioned above the investor presentation showed a map of Europe omitting the UK&Ireland and Sky do still have rights to 20th Century Pictures films for a bit more. However since then there’s a fact sheet on Star released which mentions the UK getting a price increase, so it seems it might just have been more read into the graphic than intended.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/documents/twdc_investor_day_star_fact_sheet_bcaead9c.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

In all seriousness it is unclear - as I mentioned above the investor presentation showed a map of Europe omitting the UK&Ireland and Sky do still have rights to 20th Century Pictures films for a bit more. However since then there’s a fact sheet on Star released which mentions the UK getting a price increase, so it seems it might just have been more read into the graphic than intended.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/documents/twdc_investor_day_star_fact_sheet_bcaead9c.pdf

I think that fact sheet is the one to go by. They don’t put stuff on investor documents if they’re not happening

Good news too for those who paid the up front yearly fee as they’ll get a month or more of this to sample to see if they want to renew

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

This will definitely make my decision harder whether to keep disney or not.

Any way to find out a rough idea of potential content , I know sky having rights to certain things content will have an impact .

I haven’t seen the video but someone told me that Star is going to be a part of Disney+ and not a separate app.

I thought that odd but I assume you have that Star would be password protected

They said it isn’t - that if you opt into a Star all the mature content like Alien, Sons of Anarchy, etc become are made accessible right there on your main page.

I know Netflix can be easily switched in and out of the Kids profile but the “mature stuff” is at least separate.

I’m very surprised that Disney are mixing this content together - they censored old cartoons and Daryl Hannah’s bum but now Family Guy and biker gangs are okay?

I did see a screenshot of the price increase and it showed “continental Europe” - that is not us and the U.K. is it?

KildareP wrote: »
    No, it's not looking very hopeful for us :(

Their slide deck from the presentation is here:
    https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/app/uploads/2020/12/Disney-Investor-Day-2020-Slides-121020.pdf

The map is on Page 31 and ourselves and the UK are clearly missing while on page 99 it refers to "Continental Europe", as opposed to just "Europe".

So are we not getting Star at all?

Some said Sky has a hold on rights? For how long?

Shouldn’t they have pointed out at the presentations what counties are excluded?

EDIT: Star really should be a separate app anyway.

So are we not getting Star at all?

Some said Sky has a hold on rights? For how long?

Shouldn’t they have pointed out at the presentations what counties are excluded?

EDIT: Star really should be a separate app anyway.

The U.K. is specifically mentioned (for a price increase, anyway) in the separate Star fact sheet I linked to.

The Sky deal - basically Sky traded exclusivity on the Simpsons in return for a renewal of its 20th Century (Fox) rights. Not sure how long it lasts but my understanding is that it’s specifically for the film studio catalogue so it shouldn’t necessarily stop Star launching with for example the Fox U.K. content that Disney fully owns.

Should it be a separate app? If you were going to take both anyway, wouldn’t you prefer to pay less for a single app? I agree it’s a risky strategy to associate the kid-friendly Disney brand with more mature content.

• Advertisement

Sky is owned NBC Universal who are Disney's partner in Hulu so I'm surprised in a way they didn't go with a partnership for Hulu in UK/Ireland/Germany & Italy where Sky dominate the market places.

Advertisement