Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Same here. I’ve watched the first two seasons twice and then something happens that prevents me seeing the rest.

Going to restart in January and not stop.

I think I watched at *least* the first two seasons (there was a musical number being rehearsed, if memory serves), but I would need to start it all over again for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

cena wrote: »

As a ducks fan of both the movies and the real team, I can't wait for this

Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!

So we're supposed to not support the Ducks in this new series? It's like Friday Night Lights all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

cena wrote: »

As a ducks fan of both the movies and the real team, I can't wait for this

The second I saw Estevez... I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Emilio is looking well, not Rob Lowe well but not too bad either for being close to 60.

Will have to check this out? Is it due early 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has Tim Allen burned bridges with Disney is that why he is being replaced as the voice of Buzz?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Has Tim Allen burned bridges with Disney is that why he is being replaced as the voice of Buzz?

Pretty much; I think - but don't quote me - he's a MAGA type now - so became a bit of a pariah for openly swinging right. Not Jon Vought level MAGA mind, as I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

pixelburp wrote: »
    Pretty much; I think - but don't quote me - he's a MAGA type now - so became a bit of a pariah for openly swinging right. Not Jon Vought level MAGA mind, as I understand it.

His current show is produced by ABC which is part of Disney (& quite successful, but I don't personally like it).

I thought maybe they were going down the route of the Bus action figure being based on a real person & this series is about him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

OU812 wrote: »
    His current show is produced by ABC which is part of Disney (& quite successful, but I don't personally like it).

I thought maybe they were going down the route of the Bus action figure being based on a real person & this series is about him.

Ah. Fair enoug, like coulson I'd wondered and read bits and bobs he was MAGA inclined. Such is the rumour mill I guess

When I first saw and read about it I thought they were doing a Live Action film on Buzz however reading this evening Chris Evans is just voicing and it is aminated film on Buzz.

So that had me wonder why would they replace the voice of Buzz for the last 25 years unless there were major behind the scenes issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think it's just a case that they want to make a sci-fi movie and they have the name recognition imma character like Buzz but they don't want to make it another Toy Story movie. They're having their cake and eating it in a way. Wouldn't be surprised if Tim Allen makes a voice cameo.

• Advertisement

Although if the Buzz Lightyear figure in Toy Story is supposed to based on the character in this new film, shouldn't he sound like him?

So now the real life Buzz Lightyear toy is based on a character in a film who is based on a character from another film that's coming out 27 years after the film the original toy is from? That about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Although if the Buzz Lightyear figure in Toy Story is supposed to based on the character in this new film, shouldn't he sound like him?

So now the real life Buzz Lightyear toy is based on a character in a film who is based on a character from another film that's coming out 27 years after the film the original toy is from? That about right?

How many talking action figures sound like the movie characters?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I think it's just a case that they want to make a sci-fi movie and they have the name recognition imma character like Buzz but they don't want to make it another Toy Story movie. They're having their cake and eating it in a way. Wouldn't be surprised if Tim Allen makes a voice cameo.

Yes I think Lightyear is a “serious” adventure movie.

And the Toy Story Buzz is a over the top character which might not suit the tone.

Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!

So we're supposed to not support the Ducks in this new series? It's like Friday Night Lights all over again

I was confused about that myself - if the kids aren’t a Ducks team then the show’s tittle makes no sense.
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I was confused about that myself - if the kids aren’t a Ducks team then the show’s tittle makes no sense.
    t

It’s a mighty ducks TV show, I wouldn’t overthink it.

How many talking action figures sound like the movie characters?

Don't they just use soundbytes from the films? Like just for Toy Story, do the real Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys sound like the characters in the film

Don't they just use soundbytes from the films? Like just for Toy Story, do the real Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys sound like the characters in the film

I think that the original talking Toy Story toy used Hanks and Allen’s voices.

The Star Wars action figures used dialogue from the films but with different voice actors.

Talking Marvel toys don’t use the movie actors. Can you imagine the amount of royalties that they’d have to pay Robert Downey Jnr.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ah. Fair enoug, like coulson I'd wondered and read bits and bobs he was MAGA inclined. Such is the rumour mill I guess

He might be, but Disney boss Bob Iger was on the first Trump advisory council so it’s very unlikely Republicans would be unwelcome at Disney.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Would imagine its simply Chris Evans being a much bigger draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

t

I am happy to see coach Bombay back coaching hockey

• Advertisement

Good to see Bombay back and Emilio Estevez since he had semi retired from acting. I was wondering if he would be the next to move to tv after the likes of Kiefer Sutherland and Christian Slater.
    Think I said before but I remember rumoured plans a number of years ago for a 4th film with Joshua Jackson reprising his role as Charlie but being in the Bombay position of having to do community service

Was just thinking, with Netflix dropping it and Disney owning the studio, is there any chance of Disney continuing The Dark Crystal?

Was just thinking, with Netflix dropping it and Disney owning the studio, is there any chance of Disney continuing The Dark Crystal?

That would be great.

You have my hopes up now. I will hold you responsible for the outcome :p

Do Disney own The Jim Henson Company?

I would have thought they would just be a distributor and the Henson Company just sell what they make to companies like Netflix and Disney to show.

Ah, my mistake. Looks like Disney just own the Muppets and not the company

Ah, my mistake. Looks like Disney just own the Muppets and not the company

You realise you have devastated me..,

Blame Coulson. I was just the one who got your hopes up. He dashed them.

Blame Coulson. I was just the one who got your hopes up. He dashed them.

I said I was holding you responsible and I’m a man of my word.

I am currently preparing a scheme of revenge so cunning and vindictive that it would make ...

Feck..

It is Christmas ... all is forgiven ...

giphy.gif

Hmm, don't think I didn't see the knife in your hand.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

Can you get a package containing hulu in Ireland without vpn?

Advertisement