Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The Mammal

Can you get a package containing hulu in Ireland without vpn?

In a few months Disney+ will be getting an upgraded that will include the Hulu original shoes movies and other “mature content”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can you get a package containing hulu in Ireland without vpn?

No. Hulu is US only as far as I know. Even if they launched it here it would have to be a different lineup to the US. The same way as prime video & netflix have different products between Ireland and the US. For example anything RTE, BBC or Sky have most likely wouldn't be available on the Irish & UK version

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

I thought there was a free trial period with Disney +, just looking at it now and it wants a payment upfront.
    Im not sure I need another streaming service but I probably don't need Netflix, prime or 99% of the TV channels I have

• Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Apologies if this has been asked before, the search function is beyond awful on Touch.

Does anyone know if there's a workaround to install Disney+ on a Philips smart TV? They're not officially compatible for reasons completely unknown to me. I've moved home to my folks for the duration of the current lockdown and raging I can't watch it. Don't really want to go down the road of having to buy a Chromecast/Firestick etc.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Has anyone managed to buy disney+ from another country using a vpn? Can be done with netflix but don't think it can be done with disney+. So far I have been unable to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

Anything new and decent for adults beside the Manadalorian?
    Obviously Mando is for kids as well but even something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not a huge amount....maybe the right stuff?
    I have heard it is fairly decent.

I personally love gravity falls it's a kids show but very funny.

I would think a lot of the more adult stuff will go to their new star service which you get as part of Disney plus from Feb.
    https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/2020-12-17/how-to-get-star-disney-plus/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

gmisk wrote: »
    Not a huge amount....maybe the right stuff?
    I have heard it is fairly decent.

I personally love gravity falls it's a kids show but very funny.

I would think a lot of the more adult stuff will go to their new star service which you get as part of Disney plus from Feb.
    https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/2020-12-17/how-to-get-star-disney-plus/

At the time of the announcement that there was confusion about Ireland and the U.K. getting the STAR section because the Disney suits kept referring to Continental Europe.

So is Ireland definitely getting STAR?

And do we know what content is affected by Sky’s broadcast rights?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

At the time of the announcement that there was confusion about Ireland and the U.K. getting the STAR section because the Disney suits kept referring to Continental Europe.

So is Ireland definitely getting STAR?

And do we know what content is affected by Sky’s broadcast rights?

No it’s not clear, Disney investor presentation mentioned “continental Europe” and showed a map missing U.K. and Ireland but a separate Fact Sheet mentioned U.K. getting a (substantial) price increase which would be difficult to sell without the inclusion of Star. There has been no definitive clarification from Disney either way but some media sources have apparently been told by Disney directly that Star will indeed launch in the U.K. and if it launches there it will almost certainly launch here too.

As for rights issues, the affected content is 20th Century Studios films, for which Sky has the first run pay window - no idea how long for. Most of the other stuff mooted for Star is airing on the Disney-owned Fox U.K. channel here. Sky will be losing its pay tv window on Walt Disney Pictures stuff in the new year but Disney+ already has all of that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭andydurnin

Has anyone ever tried signing up to Disney+ Hotstar from India? It's it any good. Only €16.70 for a year

• Advertisement

samboy08 wrote:
    Has anyone managed to buy disney+ from another country using a vpn? Can be done with netflix but don't think it can be done with disney+. So far I have been unable to do it.

Yes. I bought 12 months last year through the UK saving an extra 10 euros compared to the euro price. I also bought a couple of months from USA at the time of launch

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Yes. I bought 12 months last year through the UK saving an extra 10 euros compared to the euro price. I also bought a couple of months from USA at the time of launch

You haven't tried argentina or India then, they cheaper but impossible to bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Gravity Falls
    Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse (seriously, it's hilarious, also the Mickey Mouse series in the same style)
    Agents of SHIELD (it does take about half the first season to get going, but it is worth sticking with if you are in to the marvel stuff at all)
    Agent Carter (also if you like Marvel stuff)
    Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes (this is its own thing, not connected to the MCU)
    Ducktales (the new one is actually very good)
    Star Vs Forces of Evil (storyline gets very good after first season)
    Amphibia
    The Owl House

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭adaminho

Gravity Falls
    Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse (seriously, it's hilarious, also the Mickey Mouse series in the same style)
    Agents of SHIELD (it does take about half the first season to get going, but it is worth sticking with if you are in to the marvel stuff at all)
    Agent Carter (also if you like Marvel stuff)
    Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes (this is its own thing, not connected to the MCU)
    Ducktales (the new one is actually very good)
    Star Vs Forces of Evil (storyline gets very good after first season)
    Amphibia
    The Owl House

Plenty of stuff on National Geographic as well. Currently watching The science of stupid with Richard Hammond. It's basically you've been framed with scientific explanations of what went wrong.

icdg wrote: »
    No it’s not clear, Disney investor presentation mentioned “continental Europe” and showed a map missing U.K. and Ireland but a separate Fact Sheet mentioned U.K. getting a (substantial) price increase which would be difficult to sell without the inclusion of Star. There has been no definitive clarification from Disney either way but some media sources have apparently been told by Disney directly that Star will indeed launch in the U.K. and if it launches there it will almost certainly launch here too.

As for rights issues, the affected content is 20th Century Studios films, for which Sky has the first run pay window - no idea how long for. Most of the other stuff mooted for Star is airing on the Disney-owned Fox U.K. channel here. Sky will be losing its pay tv window on Walt Disney Pictures stuff in the new year but Disney+ already has all of that anyway.

Thank you.

So Sky only affect movies? The TV series will be unaffected? That is good.

I’m very surprised that none of the U.K. media outlets have looked into this. The Radio Times had an article with zero doubt that U.K. was getting the full content.

We don’t really know what the “full content” is. It may and is likely to differ from country to country. Without knowing that it’s impossible to say that anything particular is “missing” due to rights issues.

As an example of what we **might** see, Fox U.K. is today showing such programmes as Bones, NCIS, and Family Guy. (Actually, that’s their full schedule for today. Really!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

will the Manadalorian ever be released on dvd??

We don’t really know what the “full content” is. It may and is likely to differ from country to country. Without knowing that it’s impossible to say that anything particular is “missing” due to rights issues.

As an example of what we **might** see, Fox U.K. is today showing such programmes as Bones, NCIS, and Family Guy. (Actually, that’s their full schedule for today. Really!)

Isn’t that all they ever show?

fryup wrote: »

As the kids say, Ewww !!!

fryup wrote:

If there is money to be made then Disney will do it. I'd hazard a guess that they would licence it out to other TV companies first.

• Advertisement

Isn’t that all they ever show?

I did forget American Dad!

And they do show other things...sometimes....

Anyway, this should remove any ambiguity as to whether Star is launching in the UK (and presumably here) next month. And yes Family Guy is on it.

https://twitter.com/disneyplusuk/status/1346003436307935232?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Got an email this morning as well with the same announcement so certainly looks like we're getting it :D

I did forget American Dad!

And they do show other things...sometimes....

Anyway, this should remove any ambiguity as to whether Star is launching in the UK (and presumably here) next month. And yes Family Guy is on it.

https://twitter.com/disneyplusuk/status/1346003436307935232?s=21

Wish I hadn’t bought 24 on that iTunes sale last summer.m

Great news though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

JohnK wrote: »
    Got an email this morning as well with the same announcement so certainly looks like we're getting it :D

Got the email too with the much needed added parental controls for it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Wish I hadn’t bought 24 on that iTunes sale last summer.m

Great news though.

//aside

How much was it when you got it (24), have it in my wishlist & would most likely still buy for when wifi goes down etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Not sure if asked already, but is the price going up from €6.99 / month?

I pay by Three credit so not sure what happens in that situation, unless it's automatically increased in next monthly payment

OU812 wrote: »
    //aside

How much was it when you got it (24), have it in my wishlist & would most likely still buy for when wifi goes down etc

My answer was going to be $4.99 but I checked my email to see exactly when I bought them.

I paid $9.99 each for 6 seasons.

I must have been high or something. How I don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Definitely gonna keep disney plus now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is a brilliant addition, I've been looking at my subscriptions, Netflix is about to get the heave-ho and Disney was touch and go to get renewed (got the yearly sub) but with this I think I'll keep it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

What happens to the yearly sub when this launches next month? I assume there will be no raise in price until renewal time.

Advertisement