Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So I was lied to and by someone on the internet of all places.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When does the price increase kick in? I got the launch deal last year so will it be a year on from that date, or is there a charge before it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

When does the price increase kick in? I got the launch deal last year so will it be a year on from that date, or is there a charge before it?

I think it will be on the renewal date.

Is Agents of SHIELD season 7 being added weekly? There are only ten episodes there at the moment.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes, though I think there’s only one episode left.

Meanwhile, here’s a full list of what’s on Star from February 23rd..no Alien, Terminator, Kingsman, but a lot of people would have paid good money just to have all of The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad in one place not too long ago.

https://cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/d3a18c6a032f5fa8218d97c69b55cd2265da782c.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

icdg wrote: »

Meanwhile, here’s a full list of what’s on Star from February 23rd..no Alien, Terminator, Kingsman, but a lot of people would have paid good money just to have all of The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad in one place not too long ago.

https://cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/d3a18c6a032f5fa8218d97c69b55cd2265da782c.pdf

I guess it's finally about time to see what Lost was all about :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Some pretty good TV shows on the list, problem being is that I've seen most of them already.

Some good flicks there too... Idiocracy, The Fly, Deadpool 2, Arachnophobia (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Hurrache wrote: »
    Some pretty good TV shows on the list, problem being is that I've seen most of them already.

Same with the films. The Crucible and Tombstone are great films, but I've seen them a few times. Not sure if I'll keep it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

No Die Hard, not the original anyway. Presumably they're waiting for some other deal to expire.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    No Die Hard, not the original anyway. Presumably they're waiting for some other deal to expire.

The sequels are all there, but not the original. (Note that the fourth film, released here as “Die Hard 4.0”, is listed under its original US title “Live Free and Die Hard” which seems to be par for the course on Disney+).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hmmm some decent movies but bit short on shows

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

Strange there are three of the 30 for 30 series there. Jordan rides the bus, Lance and , 42 to 1. Hopefully more get added.

Buttros wrote: »
    Strange there are three of the 30 for 30 series there. Jordan rides the bus, Lance and , 42 to 1. Hopefully more get added.

They show up on BT Sport from time to time. Also on the ESPN Player though that’s a fairly niche interest as far as streaming services go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They’ve clarified the pricing too. Good news for existing subscribers
    With the addition of Star, Disney+ adds a broader array of general entertainment films and series to its catalog. When Star content becomes available on 23 February, 2021, the price of the monthly subscription will increase to €8.99 and the price of the annual subscription will increase to €89.90, for new subscribers. For existing monthly and annual subscribers, the price will not increase until the subscriber’s first bill date after 22 August, 2021. Pricing and currencies may vary across platforms.

From 23rd Feb the monthly price will be 8.99 with the yearly price 89.90. You can still sign up now at the old 6.99/69.99 and the price increase won’t effect you until after 22 August

We’ll be sticking with it for another year at 70. Will see what it’s like in March 2022 before the next decision...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

OJ: Made in America, one of the great documentaries, is listed.

Also Terriers, one of the great one season wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

QikBax wrote: »
    OJ: Made in America, one of the great documentaries, is listed.

Also Terriers, one of the great one season wonders.

Terriers was fantastic. I was always super bitter it didn't get picked up for a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Mighty Ducks Game Changers. March 26th

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Terriers. Snowfall. OJ documentary.

They have my money. For a while anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Dodge wrote: »
    They’ve clarified the pricing too. Good news for existing subscribers

From 23rd Feb the monthly price will be 8.99 with the yearly price 89.90. You can still sign up now at the old 6.99/69.99 and the price increase won’t effect you until after 22 August

We’ll be sticking with it for another year at 70. Will see what it’s like in March 2022 before the next decision...

So those us who signed up on day 1 won’t be charged the new rate until august,2021 ? That’s alright then.

I know there are some warnings at the start of some of the old movies like Aladdin is one but is it on movies also ? I understand why they’re there but wasn’t sure if it’s just cartoons.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know there are some warnings at the start of some of the old movies like Aladdin is one but is it on movies also ? I understand why they’re there but wasn’t sure if it’s just cartoons.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Buttros wrote: »

Looks to be quite a few, saw Chasing Tyson and the Rick Flair one too. The 30 for 30 catalog would almost be worth the price alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Is Star free for all existing Disney+ subscribers until August?

Also I have been asked if the price increase is applied to everyone even if they don’t want Star? I can’t find an answer to that on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Brian017

Is Star free for all existing Disney+ subscribers until August?

Also I have been asked if the price increase is applied to everyone even if they don’t want Star? I can’t find an answer to that on Google.

Star will be included in your subscription whether you want it or not. The price increase doesn’t come into effect until August (or next year if you are on the annual plan) if you subscribe before Feb 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

mrcheez wrote: »
    ?

The whole cultural depictions present in these movies weere wrong back then and we shouldn't have done them but you can still watch them well expect for Song of The South you will need to find the VHS to watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Love victor (tv show) is very sweet if anyone was into the film love simon I would say they will like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

paulie1983 wrote: »
    The whole cultural depictions present in these movies weere wrong back then and we shouldn't have done them but you can still watch them well expect for Song of The South you will need to find the VHS to watch that.

Aren’t those movies and cartoons edited? I read that even though they have those warnings that they’ve been cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Sky have similar messages on their movie descriptions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Brian017 wrote: »
    Star will be included in your subscription whether you want it or not. The price increase doesn’t come into effect until August (or next year if you are on the annual plan) if you subscribe before Feb 23.

I just got my renewal email from them and the price is staying at €69.99 for the full 12 months. Not sure if this is because I pay annually rather than monthly, but happy days!

• Advertisement

Aren’t those movies and cartoons edited? I read that even though they have those warnings that they’ve been cut.

I’ll admit that I hadn’t watched Aladdin in years but bar the warning at the start I didn’t notice any major differences. I know some films like Fantasia were edited in all bar the theatrical release for one scene which was in poor taste.

Advertisement