Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I just got my renewal email from them and the price is staying at €69.99 for the full 12 months. Not sure if this is because I pay annually rather than monthly, but happy days!

Same. It’s because of annual alright. If monthly we’d get the lower price for a couple of months then a hike.

Mine actually only cost me €40 last year because of a cash back offer so I’m getting a hike, but it’s worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

OU812 wrote: »
    Same. It’s because of annual alright. If monthly we’d get the lower price for a couple of months then a hike.

Mine actually only cost me €40 last year because of a cash back offer so I’m getting a hike, but it’s worth it.

I got the early bird price last year so a slight hike for me too, but agreed, well worth it. I'd have renewed even without the addition of Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'm on the annual pre order offer from last year for 59 i think. It's obviously going up but my sub is paid until March 24th. I note on the disney website it says

*Price for new subscribers will be €8.99/month or €89.90/year from 23/02/21.

Does that mean when my sub renews in March i'll have to pay 89.99 for the year or is that for newbies only? Significant jump. I thought it was going to be 69.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

If you paid the annual sub upfront then your renewal should be €69.99. You should get an email very soon, my renewal is March 24th too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I got my March 24th renewal email today with my £59.99 fee. They must be slowly sending them all out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭ForestFire

paulie1983 wrote: »
    The whole cultural depictions present in these movies weere wrong back then and we shouldn't have done them but you can still watch them well expect for Song of The South you will need to find the VHS to watch that.

I noticed this at the start of Aladin recently, and wondered are the really necessary, for children.... Are we really educating these young children about racism by doing this?

Can anyone tell me what exactly is wrong in this film, bearing in mind its an animated kids fantasy comedy with genies and magical wizard or sultans(I did not watch all of it in detail)? Is there something it particular, I missed?

Also I notice Darby o'Gill is also on disney, so nartually I started this up, to check if they also had a warning about the unacceptable steoptyping of Irish people..... But no.... No warning for this film for some reason? (not that I think it's needed)... It's just a film for entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I got my March 24th renewal email today with my £59.99 fee. They must be slowly sending them all out.

Don't you mean €69.99
    €59.99 was introductory price if you subscribed by February 23rd 2020
    Normal price is €69.99 with renewal at that price

Your renewal price on March 24th 2021 is €69.99

paulboland wrote: »
    Don't you mean €69.99
    €59.99 was introductory price if you subscribed by February 23rd 2020
    Normal price is €69.99 with renewal at that price

Your renewal price on March 24th 2021 is €69.99
    Sorry I'm in the UK so I gave the price in pounds sterling, £49.99 was the initial price I paid. Probably should have explicitly stated that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

jones wrote: »
    I'm on the annual pre order offer from last year for 59 i think. It's obviously going up but my sub is paid until March 24th. I note on the disney website it says

*Price for new subscribers will be €8.99/month or €89.90/year from 23/02/21.

Does that mean when my sub renews in March i'll have to pay 89.99 for the year or is that for newbies only? Significant jump. I thought it was going to be 69.99.

For existing subscribers who have a active sub before February 23 2021 the price increase does not apply until August 22 2021 or later

Your renewal price on March 24th 2021 will be €69.99 the normal price

Your renewal price on March 24th 2022 will be €89.90

The price of €8.99/€89.90 from February 23rd 2021 applies to new subscribers or previous subscribers that cancelled and then take up a new subscription after February 23rd 2021

As long as you don't cancel your subscription you wont have price increase until August 22 2021 or later as in when your next renewal date is after that date.
    Existing subscribers who have a renewal before August 22 2021 will only pay existing price €69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ll admit that I hadn’t watched Aladdin in years but bar the warning at the start I didn’t notice any major differences. I know some films like Fantasia were edited in all bar the theatrical release for one scene which was in poor taste.

I wasn’t referring Aladdin specifically and I don’t recall anything “inappropriate” in that movie but I have been told that there is a lot of older films (shorts like Ugly Duckling) that have a warning and are also cut.

Just noticed the other day some older movies have a warning in the details section that says they have been left uncut. I wish Disney would leave it all uncut.

The two Three Men movies shouldn’t be on Disney+ but Splash is censored?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Why not? Those movies are PG, the same as Splash. I know they've edited the scene where Splash runs into the sea naked (ridiculous decision), is there anything else in it they censored?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wasn’t referring Aladdin specifically and I don’t recall anything “inappropriate” in that movie but I have been told that there is a lot of older films (shorts like Ugly Duckling) that have a warning and are also cut.

Just noticed the other day some older movies have a warning in the details section that says they have been left uncut. I wish Disney would leave it all uncut.

Okay sorry I think we got mixed up. The only example I’ve seen with this warning is Aladdin which is why I mentioned it but I get your broader point.
    I think one of the issues with Aladdin is the voice actors are American and not Middle Eastern. I’ve no problem with obviously offensive stuff having a warming but some of the supposed issues with some Disney stuff I wouldn’t have taken any notice of until it’s pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Okay sorry I think we got mixed up. The only example I’ve seen with this warning is Aladdin which is why I mentioned it but I get your broader point.
    I think one of the issues with Aladdin is the voice actors are American and not Middle Eastern. I’ve no problem with obviously offensive stuff having a warming but some of the supposed issues with some Disney stuff I wouldn’t have taken any notice of until it’s pointed out.

I think the character design of Aladdin specifically was modelled after Tom Cruise, to make him as leading-man looking as possible (a decision from on high at the time).

I also remember Disney changing the lyrics of the opening song "Arabian Nights", to replace the line "where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face, it's barbaric, but hey, it's home!", to something less contentious.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Told by who? Can you find any of these cuts?

There’s a couple of ‘this was produced in a different time’ warnings but that’s it AFAIK. It’s a complete non issue

So who’s staying up past midnight to see what’s on star?

Personally looking forward to 24.

Have seen all seasons of it once.

The original season was first broadcast in 2001 (which is way older than I thought). I used to download it to watch it without ads on RTÉ. It broadcast on a Tuesday in the US and Wednesday in Ireland. I’d set off the download before heading to work and we’d press play at the same time it started on the tv.

There’s 14 minutes of ads in an hour or RTÉ fact lovers.

Of spires it used to be in Compressed SD format on a 32”CRT, so watchingnit in HD on a 55” LCD is going to be a revelation. 😎

Dammit Chloe sent it to my screen!

Surely it’ll be midnight American time that the new content will be available. It’s how Netflix does it with shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Surely it’ll be midnight American time that the new content will be available. It’s how Netflix does it with shows.

No Star isn't available in the US only in certain geography's so most of EU

No Star isn't available in the US only in certain geography's so most of EU

Oh **** yes you’re right. I’d forgotten about that important point. Oh well then midnight it shall be then. The main show I’m looking forward to is American dad because of the the Simpson’s, family guy and American dad it’s the one I’ve watched the least of. I’m a fan of family guy so I’m looking forward to expanding what I’ve watched of American dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

If it's the same time as most of Europe then it'd be 11.00pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

Some content is already there. Blackish, castle, furturama, Buffy, how I met your mother, scrubs, lost..... Go to series and a-z or into comedy. Star icon not apoearing yet

• Advertisement

The original season was first broadcast in 2001 (which is way older than I thought). I used to download it to watch it without ads on RTÉ. It broadcast on a Tuesday in the US and Wednesday in Ireland. I’d set off the download before heading to work and we’d press play at the same time it started on the tv.

There’s 14 minutes of ads in an hour or RTÉ fact lovers.

Of spires it used to be in Compressed SD format on a 32”CRT, so watchingnit in HD on a 55” LCD is going to be a revelation. 😎

Dammit Chloe sent it to my screen!
    In 2001 RTE would air episodes of 24 the following night after it aired in the states? I had no idea this was the case and thought it was Lost which started to narrow the massive gap between airings of big TV shows on both sides of the Atlantic. I didn't watch 24 so must have missed that.

Buttros wrote: »
    Some content is already there. Blackish, castle, furturama, Buffy, how I met your mother, scrubs, lost..... Go to series and a-z or into comedy. Star icon not apoearing yet

Lots of those shows are on Amazon prime already. But it’ll be nice to have them in one place. I used to love scrubs and dr cox is a legend. Lost I used to watch religiously for most of its run but I can’t of stopped watching the last few seasons as it was going all over the shop.

In 2001 RTE would air episodes of 24 the following night after it aired in the states? I had no idea this was the case and thought it was Lost which started to narrow the massive gap between airings of big TV shows on both sides of the Atlantic. I didn't watch 24 so must have missed that.

Prison break was the next day in Ireland. We got a extra episode with prison break that they didn’t get in the US which made the reboot hard to get into.

Prison break was the next day in Ireland. We got a extra episode with prison break that they didn’t get in the US which made the reboot hard to get into.
    Don't want to go too off topic but turns out all these shows are coming to Star tonight so it's not too much of a tangent.

Pretty sure Prison Break ended up being next day but didn't start that way, just as Lost didn't either. I certainly didn't watch season 1 of either on RTE anyway.

Don't want to go too off topic but turns out all these shows are coming to Star tonight so it's not too much of a tangent.

Pretty sure Prison Break ended up being next day but didn't start that way, just as Lost didn't either. I certainly didn't watch season 1 of either on RTE anyway.

Prison break is ? Nice. I see the OJ Made in America is there which is brilliant as I loved it at the time and want to rewatch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

I binge watched 24 in the early days of netflix, It a fantastic series that really holds up well. (Cougar Scenes excluded :pac:)

I think 24 was the first to do it. And it was a big deal at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Was gonna watch buffy but then I remembered that HD version going around is meant to be shockingly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Should the Star be showing up in the app when you open it now? As not showing up when I go into Disney app at moment on TV. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’d say Star won’t appear till 8am or even midday.

Advertisement