Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Too bad the Hulu shows aren't included.

Was thinking of sharing my account with my brother but he's in Germany. Is it possible to share with him? I know they have Disney Plus there.
    Apologies if I'm not allowed to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Had a quick look there before work, Star is up and running seems like there’s a few more bits to be added but most stuff that was promised is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Commando and The French Connection will be my first watches on Star for two different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

If anyone hasn't seen Lost, watch it. Watch it right to the end. Even if it starts seeming ridiculous keep watching. It's worth it in the end. Brilliant twists and turns.

Actually, I'm messing. Don't even attempt to watch it. Worst nonsense ever on TV, hook you in with a decent idea then just drags and drags and changes its mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Update- everything seems to be there now. Make sure ye accept the parental controls provided you are 18+ and the full catalogue comes up then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭OU812

Well there goes my day & week

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No Die Hard? We were promised Die Hard! (Or at least apart from the original).

Maybe that not everything is up yet. But lots there now Matt Greoning and Seth McFarlane fans could spend months on binging their shows alone (Cleveland isn’t there yet but is apparently on the list to drop next month).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Die Hard is there

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Needed to change parental controls to 18+. I thought there was going to be a prompt about that this morning, apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It was known that the original Die Hard was not going to be there at launch time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

icdg wrote: »
    Needed to change parental controls to 18+. I thought there was going to be a prompt about that this morning, apparently not.
    I had a very intuitive walk through when I opened my app. Thought it was actually a really good experience.

Feels like discovery is a bit of an issue but I can't think of a single streaming platform that has nailed this which is why I still stick to third party apps to manage watch lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Idiocracy. Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    If anyone hasn't seen Lost, watch it. Watch it right to the end. Even if it starts seeming ridiculous keep watching. It's worth it in the end. Brilliant twists and turns.

Actually, I'm messing. Don't even attempt to watch it. Worst nonsense ever on TV, hook you in with a decent idea then just drags and drags and changes its mind.

It's great, as long as you remember that is definitely definitely definitely not that they are in purgatory or anything like it.

As was guessed and rejected as completely untrue repeatedly from the producers from season 2 onwards......spolier alert.....they were....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Die Hard is there

The first one isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Signed up yesterday. God help me.

24, Scrubs and Alias are top of my list. Haven't seen any of them for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ooh, Alias! That was my first ever box set binge watch, might be time for a rewatch

Also spotted Terriers, an under appreciated show that sadly didn’t make it past season 1 but worth a watch.

Kung Pow Enter the Fist? Okay, I'm in. You can call me Betty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Quick scan through there. I assume there is a lot to be added still. Didn't see a whole pile that wasn't already accessible through Netflix and Amazon already and a lot of stuff that I can't see myself re-watching.

If they keep adding to this though I'll probably cancel Amazon and stick with Disney and Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I just didn't like 24, so corny and I doubt it has aged well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is the first week free offer still available??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

24 has aged well.

There is isn’t a whole lot added with Star that is of interest to me. I’ve seen/own Terra Nova, X-Files, Buddy, etc and most others I have no desire to see.

Burn Notice and Big Sky are the only shows of interest.

There doesn’t seem to be any FX or Hulu shows added.

I guess they are tied up it’s services for now.

New shows coming over the next few years are what I am looking forward to.

I would like an option to mark something as “not interested” so that it doesn’t appear on the Home Screen.

Wonder why they only have the first 2 episodes of Big Sky since 9 have aired and Disney+ has the rights over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

24 has aged well.

There is isn’t a whole lot added with Star that is of interest to me. I’ve seen/own Terra Nova, X-Files, Buddy, etc and most others I have no desire to see.

Burn Notice and Big Sky are the only shows of interest.

There doesn’t seem to be any FX or Hulu shows added.

I guess they are tied up it’s services for now

New shows coming over the next few years are what I am looking forward to.

I would like an option to mark something as “not interested” so that it doesn’t appear on the Home Screen.

They've actually added a good few FX shows and a small sprinkling of Hulu ones, but yeah, the rest must all be tied up elsewhere.
    I'd really recommend Atlanta, Trust and Terriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Looking forward to finally getting around to seeing Atlanta and Feud. I'll give Helstrom and Snowfall a spin as well. Trust I'd started watching whenever it came out first so I'll finish that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder why they only have the first 2 episodes of Big Sky since 9 have aired and Disney+ has the rights over here.

I'm wondering why, as a "Star Original" and the big drama they are headlining with their new service, its not available in 4k :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Kung Pow Enter the Fist? Okay, I'm in. You can call me Betty.

"We trained him badly, as a joke"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Quick look there and a fair few, but not all as far I know, of the ESPN 30 for 30 docs are there. The 5 part OJ Made in America is one of the greatest documentaries ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭OU812

fryup wrote: »
    is the first week free offer still available??

Long gone. Your only real option if you want to sample it is a mont’s subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Anyone getting something went wrong on pixar. Also star is very jittery. Netflix is not jittering so it's not my connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

They did the same with Mandolorian and the other shows when Disney+ launched here.

Probably a way to get new customers to not binge during a free trial. If they can keep you coming back you find other things of interest and keep subscribing.

Advertisement