Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

They've actually added a good few FX shows and a small sprinkling of Hulu ones, but yeah, the rest must all be tied up elsewhere.
    I'd really recommend Atlanta, Trust and Terriers.

I saw the first episode of Terriers on RTÉ years ago and really liked it.

I was happy to see it available and don’t know why I didn’t say so.

I didn’t have interest in Atlanta but I will give it a look.

I didn’t know those were FX. What Hulu shows have been added?

How come the Alien movies are available?

There is more available than the Star section shows.

It is better to just scroll the Series and Movies section to see what is new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Mr E wrote: »
    Signed up yesterday. God help me.

24, Scrubs and Alias are top of my list. Haven't seen any of them for a very long time.

Scrubs is available for free on All4

And why would the original Die Hard be excluded?

Anyone know how many Fox movies have been added?

It does not seem to be a lot considering how big the catalogue is.

And now that my profile is 18+ can I see Daryl Hannah’s bum in Splash! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Scrubs is available for free on All4

It's a good option but they're brutal with adverts.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

When I play a trailer.on firestick the audio drops after 30secs or so

But when I play something in full it works fine

Anyone else having same issue? (not that it's a huge issue just a mild inconvenience)

There a lot of movies now available that I haven’t seen before and didn’t want to buy/rent so that is good.

Is it possible to mark episodes as watched?

I started Modern Family on Netflix a few weeks ago but will switch to Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It's great, as long as you remember that is definitely definitely definitely not that they are in purgatory or anything like it.

As was guessed and rejected as completely untrue repeatedly from the producers from season 2 onwards......spolier alert.....they were....

Don't want to drag the thread off topic but no they weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I watch All 4 almost every day.

There's an ad break in each of the regular spots and these days they show only one ad. Beforehand they were showing 2 or 3 max.

To describe that as "brutal" is a bit extreme.

A fantastic and reliable product and free for the sake of an ad or two? It's class!

MrStuffins wrote: »

There's an ad break in each of the regular spots and these days they show only one ad. Beforehand they were showing 2 or 3 max.

A fantastic and reliable product and free for the sake of an ad or two? It's class!

There are a few Channel 4 dramas and comedies that I want to see and I would pay for a Walter Presents streaming service.

I hate adverts and ad breaks in particular. Is the Ad free option available to Ireland? I can only the price And is it HD? I keep meaning to look into it but I have a backlog of Netflix, AppleTV+ and Prime to get through.

• Advertisement

Yeah they are a little, guess that's why it's free though.

There are a few Channel 4 dramas and comedies that I want to see and I would pay for a Walter Presents streaming service.

I hate adverts and ad breaks in particular. Is the Ad free option available to Ireland? I can only the price And is it HD? I keep meaning to look into it but I have a backlog of Netflix, AppleTV+ and Prime to get through.

Don't think the ad free version is available in Ireland. It's not that bad, and it is reliable. In terms of HD, I've only watched Scrubs on it and that isn't HD obviously, sound needs to be turned up a bit too. Not sure about other programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ads are grand if you've decent broadband. If you have slow broadband they are an absolute pain. The itv and rte ones can take forever for me and completely ruin watching a TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone else tried playing the OJ documentary? It's only playing a few seconds of a intro and then skips to the next episode which does the same.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Watched the first episode of firefly, looks to be a D+ original as I've never heard of it before! Mind blowing stuff, definitely a series with a long shelf life!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

To be fair to All 4 haven't used it in quite a while, since it doesn't have an android TV app and can't be arsed to cast it, so maybe it's better these days. I'd sooner use a "grey" app that has no ads and a native Android TV app. But free is free.

Oh and on topic of Disney+, watching Big Sky, they only have first 2 episodes on there. Up to episode 9 elsewhere and I'm still not really sure if I'm wasting my time.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Must check to see if they have Serenity on there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Watched the first episode of firefly, looks to be a D+ original as I've never heard of it before! Mind blowing stuff, definitely a series with a long shelf life!

Just wait until you get to season two!

I won't spoil anything but just make sure you're wearing a motorcycle helmet because it's going to blow your mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Just wait until you get to season two!

I won't spoil anything but just make sure you're wearing a motorcycle helmet because it's going to blow your mind!

Don't be cruel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Has anyone else tried playing the OJ documentary? It's only playing a few seconds of a intro and then skips to the next episode which does the same.

Yeah, same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Must check to see if they have Serenity on there as well

Could be wrong but I think Serenity was Universal or at least they had the distribution rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just had a look at this star thing. See sons of Anarchy Is on there as well as Netflix.

That's unusual to have full catalogue on 2 different services.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Had a good browse there on Star and to be honest it's a bit disappointing as most of the what they have on it is/was available on other streaming sites.

I'm guessing thought where it will pick up in the months/years to comes is when it will become the home of new Disney/Hulu/FX/ESPN series and documentaries when the deals with other TV & streaming companies come to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I saw the first episode of Terriers on RTÉ years ago and really liked it.

I was happy to see it available and don’t know why I didn’t say so.

I didn’t have interest in Atlanta but I will give it a look.

I didn’t know those were FX. What Hulu shows have been added?

How come the Alien movies are available?

I don't think the Alien movies are available yet? And I'm not 100% sure which Hulu shows are there (Solar Opposites and Helstrom jump out at me though).

If you go to this link and click on "Show Me Full List" it opens up a PDF with pictures of every new show and movie added.

https://disney.co.uk/disney-plus-star

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Very odd that they've added Deadpool 2 but not Deadpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Very odd that they've added Deadpool 2 but not Deadpool.

The first Deadpool is still on Netflix at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The thing with Star, I assume, is that nothing will be removed - Disney own the rights to all this, so once it's there, it shouldn't go anywhere. If that's true, that's a big thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭OU812

I read elsewhere there’s nothing from FX network (Fox’s edgy channel). Anyone confirm?

Wonder if it will come along later as there was a lot of great content on that channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OU812 wrote: »
    I read elsewhere there’s nothing from FX network (Fox’s edgy channel). Anyone confirm?

Wonder if it will come along later as there was a lot of great content on that channel.

There is quiet a few FX shows on it from Sons of Anarchy to Atlanta to Feud to Snowfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems to be hit and miss for what's there. They have the first 2 seasons of Runaways, which was Hulu, but not the third and they don't have Cloak & Dagger, which was Freeform.
    And the fact that some stuff is still on Netflix makes me wonder if it is rights or something else.

Advertisement