Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It rights issues.

The BBC signed a big deal with FX in 2018 to create content together and give the BBC first run rights on FX Shows.

Amazon signed a deal with Hulu for a lot of there shows also RTE would have rights to some shows like The Handmaidens Tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Has anyone else tried playing the OJ documentary? It's only playing a few seconds of a intro and then skips to the next episode which does the same.

Ya that happened to me also. When I clicked into the small window it played as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭pah

OU812 wrote: »
    So who’s staying up past midnight to see what’s on star?

Personally looking forward to 24.

Have seen all seasons of it once.

The original season was first broadcast in 2001 (which is way older than I thought). I used to download it to watch it without ads on RTÉ. It broadcast on a Tuesday in the US and Wednesday in Ireland. I’d set off the download before heading to work and we’d press play at the same time it started on the tv.

There’s 14 minutes of ads in an hour or RTÉ fact lovers.

Of spires it used to be in Compressed SD format on a 32”CRT, so watchingnit in HD on a 55” LCD is going to be a revelation. 😎

Dammit Chloe sent it to my screen!

I've the 24 box set so rewatched over the years. It's amazing how much you forget across the season given that it's crammed into a day. Not always a brilliant show but one of my all time favourites. Season 5 is some of the best TV I've ever watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I don't think the Alien movies are available yet? And I'm not 100% sure which Hulu shows are there (Solar Opposites and Helstrom jump out at me though).

If you go to this link and click on "Show Me Full List" it opens up a PDF with pictures of every new show and movie added.

https://disney.co.uk/disney-plus-star

Sorry that was a mistype.

I meant to ask why the Alien series is NOT available.

Thank you for the link.

I did get that in an email a couple of weeks ago but when I clicked it only opened one page of that PDF so I thought there nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The first Deadpool is still on Netflix at the moment.

Is the plan for them to move all their flicks onto Disney Plus permanently once contracts with Netflix etc end?

e.g. Once Deadpool moves over to Disney Plus will it stay there indefinitely?

Funny that my first thing to watch on it is Commando :D

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems to be hit and miss for what's there. They have the first 2 seasons of Runaways, which was Hulu, but not the third and they don't have Cloak & Dagger, which was Freeform.
    And the fact that some stuff is still on Netflix makes me wonder if it is rights or something else.

I’m pretty sure Runaways and Cloak & Dagger are on another service. Prime I think.

It rights issues.

The BBC signed a big deal with FX in 2018 to create content together and give the BBC first run rights on FX Shows.

Amazon signed a deal with Hulu for a lot of there shows also RTE would have rights to some shows like The Handmaidens Tale.

I assume that deal doesn’t cover the stuff announced at the Investor Day.

pah wrote: »
    I've the 24 box set so rewatched over the years. It's amazing how much you forget across the season given that it's crammed into a day. Not always a brilliant show but one of my all time favourites. Season 5 is some of the best TV I've ever watched.

I own the show too and started watching it a few weeks ago.

I hadn’t seen it since it aired on RTÉ and I’m surprised by how much of the first season I remember or at at feels familiar.

I think the other seasons will be less familiar. And I didn’t get to finish the show. I think I’ve only seen the first 4 days.

Can episodes be marked as watched ?

And can a show or movie be removed from the continue watching list ?

I wonder is there any chance The History Channel shows will appear on Star as Disney is a 50% owner of History with A&E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I wonder is there any chance The History Channel shows will appear on Star as Disney is a 50% owner of History with A&E.
    My guess would be "that's highly unlikely". I think Sky are the biggest blocker when it comes to UK rights. Undoing the last 25 years of "premium TV" dominance is not going to happen overnight. Add on a few other complications like the BBC/FX relationship mentioned above and it's going to be a long time before we end up in a place where Disney+ / Star has the complete Disney collection. As consumers I'm not 100% sure we'll be in a better position when that day comes either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

To add to that, the U.K. & Ireland version, Sky History, is a joint venture with Sky and has been since its inception (though the “Sky” in the name is of relatively recent vintage).

Marvel’s Runaways was sold to Syfy and they probably still have a repeat window on the third season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pleasantly surprised at the options available. I'm one of the few people that missed 24 when it aired and never got around to watching it. Might be time to put that right. Also spotted a Ric Flair documentary that I had intended to check out but pretty sure I missed.

Pity Angel isn't there. Guessing that's some rights issue as Prime likewise has Buffy but not the spin-off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Angel is on All4.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

I'm hoping for Letterkenny as it's on Hulu, don't think its on any channel/streaming service over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Few things there I'm looking forward to. Atlanta is great, will watch it again, not sure if I've seen second season. Have never seen Firefly (although I better get in quick before Josh Whedon is cancelled). Lost - god I definitely won't be watching that again.

Big Sky really the only new show on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

There is quiet a few FX shows on it from Sons of Anarchy to Atlanta to Feud to Snowfall.

Also Trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,605 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If people like Rick and Morty I can recommend solar opposites (by one of the same creators) looks like only first 2 eps up so far, but it gets better and better as it goes along

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭pah

I see Alias is there too. Never really watched it but looking online has generally good reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

shawki wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Letterkenny as it's on Hulu, don't think its on any channel/streaming service over here.
    That'd be great, if it ever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

gmisk wrote: »
    If people like Rick and Morty I can recommend solar opposites (by one of the same creators) looks like only first 2 eps up so far, but it gets better and better as it goes along

ah excellent Justin Roiland? Count me in.

Having a great time watching Futurama on endless loop all evening, love that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Has anyone else tried playing the OJ documentary? It's only playing a few seconds of a intro and then skips to the next episode which does the same.

This seems to be fixed now

I wonder will The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones ever get put up on it.

The show was on ABC in America and made by Lucas Films.

Edit: a google search say the distribution rights are owned by Paramount.

I wonder will The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones ever get put up on it.

The show was on ABC in America and made by Lucas Films.

Edit: a google search say the distribution rights are owned by Paramount.

I had completely forgotten about that show.

It was great stuff.

We might get it is Paramount+ comes to Ireland but it would be nice if Disney and Paramount could work out a way to share streaming of the Indy franchise.

Do Paramount have distribution rights for eternity like Fix had with the first Star Wars?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

pah wrote: »
    I see Alias is there too. Never really watched it but looking online has generally good reviews.

I watched it years ago on DVD, and thoroughly enjoyed it at the time. It's not a massive investment, and I am considering a rewatch, but there's too much new stuff. If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth a go, and has a great cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Few FX shows that will hopefully be added down the line. Justified, What we do in the Shadows, AHS, The Shield, The Americans etc would all be nice adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Going into the Star tab and it feels very limited seeing a lot of thing twice in different categories, feels like I'm not seeing everything.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Going into the Star tab and it feels very limited seeing a lot of thing twice in different categories, feels like I'm not seeing everything.

You are not seeing everything.

You have to look in the Movies and Series section from the Home page.

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    Few FX shows that will hopefully be added down the line. Justified, What we do in the Shadows, AHS, The Shield, The Americans etc would all be nice adds.

I was hoping for What We Do in the Shadows from the start but I think that is one of the shows that caught in that BBC deal mentioned earlier.

I have never seen Justified but would like to.

The Shield is also one I missed. I saw the pilot years ago and didn’t like it but would give it another chance.

The Americans is one of the best TV shows ever.

Advertisement