Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Mighty Ducks you say? I am IN

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

budgemook wrote: »

Yes sir

Yes sir

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. Emilio is even back as Bombay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭adaminho

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Liked the first episode of Mighty Ducks
    I did think standing up in the canteen was more something you'd see later on like late movie when everyone gets confidence.
    Knew the new kid would turn out to be crap when they were giving him that slo mo entrance.

I would assume I would have to watch the movies first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

adaminho wrote: »
    I would assume I would have to watch the movies first?
    watch all 3 movie. Be no harm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got an email from PayPal the other day pointing out that I'd paid €69.99 for Disney+, I really didn't mind, remembered Mrs. Clareman being happy to start Grey's Anatomy, I watching Mandalorian (and everything else), clicked archive and that's it until next year. For months that same reminder from Netflix used to annoys the bejaysus out of me until I cancelled it.

I have to admit that mini-me selecting Professor X as my avatar makes it a lot easier to renew

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Mighty Ducks trilogy was one of my absolute favourites as a kid, so loved that first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Let me see if I remember this correctly.

First one is Emilio on community service sent to train the ducks and they get good. Second one they are in the olympics and draft in kids from an inner city school or something and then the third one they go to college - something like that?

I remember loving them as a kid alright but also remember being annoyed at some continuity issues around Joshua Jackson's character between the movies :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Let me see if I remember this correctly.

First one is Emilio on community service sent to train the ducks and they get good. Second one they are in the olympics and draft in kids from an inner city school or something and then the third one they go to college - something like that?

I remember loving them as a kid alright but also remember being annoyed at some continuity issues around Joshua Jackson's character between the movies :pac:

That's more or less it.

It was the Junior Goodwill Games rather than the Olympics in the second one.

And it was a Private High School in the 3rd one rather than a college.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That's more or less it.

It was the Junior Goodwill Games rather than the Olympics in the second one.

And it was a Private High School in the 3rd one rather than a college.

Yeah as with most of these sort of things you really need to ignore the premise for getting the team together after the first movie and just enjoy them for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I loved all 3 mighty ducks movies as a kid, really looking forward to the new series. Hopefully it turns out as good as Cobra Kai.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

From what I hear it's a little less aimed at those looking for a nostalgia fix and more at a new generation of kids.

I have no recollection of the third movie, must have considered myself too cool for Mighty Ducks by the time it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I watched it and it’s definitely aimed at the same demographic as the movies. Enjoyable enough for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cena wrote: »

Yip. New limited “Reverse Retro” NHL sweaters that were just on sale. Nearly bought one myself. Was just put off by the super cheap vinyl numbers/name plate.... which is complete ****e cost cutting on a 270 euro item.

Yip. New limited “Reverse Retro” NHL sweaters that were just on sale. Nearly bought one myself. Was just put off by the super cheap vinyl numbers/name plate.... which is complete ****e cost cutting on a 270 euro item.

I sent mine away to get done. Coolhockey still has them on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cena wrote: »
    I sent mine away to get done. Coolhockey still has them on sale.

Out of curiosity where?

https://customsportstitch.com/

coolhockey also do the stitching by hand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Im not seeing any stars content after subscribing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Big Sky is worth a watch, detective series about the kidnapping of two teenage girls

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

darced wrote: »

I think you need to adjust your age restriction settings to see the Star content

guapos wrote: »
    Big Sky is worth a watch, detective series about the kidnapping of two teenage girls

I was on the verge of starting this Monday night as I was looking for a detective show . The reviews on IMDb and rotten tomatoes put me off though
    Started Atlanta instead . It’s grand. I’ll prob finish out season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

km79 wrote: »
    I was on the verge of starting this Monday night as I was looking for a detective show . The reviews on IMDb and rotten tomatoes put me off though
    Started Atlanta instead . It’s grand. I’ll prob finish out season 1

Couldn't make it past the first episode of Big Sky. Thought Atlanta was great. Really enjoyed both seasons and looking forward to the third season coming later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Talisman

darced wrote: »
    This is a new development which has just been noticed in our house. Star is not showing up in the app on the Firestick however it appears in the Android app and on the website.

Firestick App:
    548773.jpg

Android App:
    548774.jpg

548775.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Update the app on the firestick

OU812 wrote: »
    Update the app on the firestick
    It is the latest version (1.14.0), the same as that on the Android device.

Star was working available on the device last Monday - somebody was watching Grey's Anatomy in the evening. Now they are not a happy bunny because they have to use their phone and of course it's all my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Talisman wrote: »
    It is the latest version (1.14.0), the same as that on the Android device.

Star was working available on the device last Monday - somebody was watching Grey's Anatomy in the evening. Now they are not a happy bunny because they have to use their phone and of course it's all my fault.

You can cast to the fire stick no? You can to the Fire tv box anyway

No clue what happened but at 4:00pm today Star reappeared on the Firetv app.

• Advertisement

guapos wrote: »

I am enjoying the series. I am also watching the THE STRAIN

Advertisement