Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

gmisk wrote: »
    Love victor (tv show) is very sweet if anyone was into the film love simon I would say they will like it

We had that on here last night but the final 2 episodes are missing,why?
    Whats the point of only showing 8 out of 10 episodes?

According to their help section certain series episodes arent shown if they've adult themes
    JAYSIS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

AuntySnow wrote: »

According to their help section certain series episodes arent shown if they've adult themes
    JAYSIS

Is it the age setting on your Disney account that’s the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

JAYSIS

Love, Victor is releasing weekly.
    Episode 9 is on April 9th, ep 10 on April 16th

https://www.disneyplusinformer.com/when-are-new-episodes-of-love-victor-released-on-disney-plus-star/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'm watching Atlanta on Disney Plus (PS5 App) at the moment and if I pick it from the Continue Watching bar, it doesn't give me the option to watch the next episode when the one I'm watching ends. I have to come out of that episode back to the main menu and search for the series to get to the next episode. It's a complete mess.

That said, delighted to finally get around to watching Atlanta. First season nearly finished and it's such a great watch.

But they don't have season 3 for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

mloc123 wrote: »
    But they don't have season 3 for some reason?
    There is no season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

There is no season 3.

Ah, I am mixed up so... I thought Teddy Perkins was season 3.

Zhane wrote: »
    Love, Victor is releasing weekly.
    Episode 9 is on April 9th, ep 10 on April 16th

https://www.disneyplusinformer.com/when-are-new-episodes-of-love-victor-released-on-disney-plus-star/

Thanks
    Seems Silly
    All episodes are available nefariously on the interweb
    No the D+ is set to 18
    Had to do that to set up Star or at least it asked me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Thanks
    Seems Silly
    All episodes are available nefariously on the interweb
    No the D+ is set to 18
    Had to do that to set up Star or at least it asked me

Yep. But for the most part Disney seems to be going for the weekly release model for their new shows. Although I know Love, Victor was available to download as it was shown ages ago on Hulu in the US, it’s home now is here on Disney+. If I was to guess why, they’ll be releasing season 2 weekly alongside with Hulu in the US, so it’s to not deviate from the model they’ve got going on by letting his viewers binge the first season and then wait weekly for season 2

It was done with the Madalorian here too, it was released ages ago on D+ in the US but when it launched here it was released weekly even though it had finished the run in the US.

It makes sense from a business perspective to keep those subscribers week in/week out. But I think people have been spoiled and expectations are set with binge watching. (Not a dig at anyone but just my perspective of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Last week we got the Ewoks movies and this week we get the entire series of Dinosaurs? I've got some catching up to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Last week we got the Ewoks movies and this week we get the entire series of Dinosaurs? I've got some catching up to do

Dinosaurs? Brilliant - can't wait to show the kids. Hopefully the young lad doesn't start with any of the "not the mama" stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Dinosaurs has to have the most depressing series finale on TV ever :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Brian017 wrote: »
    Dinosaurs has to have the most depressing series finale on TV ever :(

They all look at a comet passing overhead?

I was too old for it first around :D

I only saw the occasional episode back when it aired on UTV, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

They all look at a comet passing overhead?

I was too old for it first around :D

I think it was
    the ice age

Don’t know how necessary the spoiler tag is but I’ll tag it anyway!

I say tags in non show specific threads as it's technically a new release for some.
    And not just saying that for me since I know how it ends from seeing it on one of those "Top 10 finales" or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Very happy to see all of criminal minds added, will definitely be getting stuck into watching that

Haven't watched it, but seeing that Big Shot added while The Mighty Ducks is airing seems strange. Might have been better suited after Mighty Ducks finished as it's got a similar sounding plot to the Ducks films, at least

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm a big fan of streaming platforms that have a legit New Releases section. It's like some rival platforms have no idea of what the phrase means.

Curious to know if the Star content being drip fed each week is due to recent changes in streaming rights or they've held content back intentionally.

The likes of Prometheus, Predators and Sunshine added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

shawki wrote: »
    I think it was
    the ice age

Don’t know how necessary the spoiler tag is but I’ll tag it anyway!
    It's an environmental disaster in the show, essentially apocalyptic rapid climate change caused by a megacorp's chain of stupid decisions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changing_Nature

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

Occono wrote: »
    Not the same documentaries, but if you want an all-documentary streaming service look up CuriousityStream.

tried curiositystream tonight and have to say it's fairly rubbish at least from a history documentary perspective, full of the usual pseudo-history / conspiracy theory nonsense, bit disappointed tbh!

• Advertisement

Any good websites for Disney / Star new and upcoming additions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

budgemook wrote: »
    Any good websites for Disney / Star new and upcoming additions?

Just watch does daily updates of what's been added but Disney+ doesn't have the same amount of new additions as something like Netflix or Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Any good websites for Disney / Star new
    Was just saying yesterday that the app itself is very good for telling you what's been added as the New Releases section is in chronological order. Content gets added every Friday. Alternatively, I follow the Disney + UK twitter account and they have a tweet with this type content every Friday.

EzGqC--WYAg8rSK?format=jpg&name=360x360

EzGqC_kXIAA5A_z?format=jpg&name=360x360
    and upcoming additions?
    Not sure if and when they release an entire list of upcoming arrivals in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Disappointed Sunshine is only in HD. Would love to see it in 4K HDR

Cheers for that. I use Just Watch to search for individual movies but hadn't realised you could look by service really, that looks handy. And the Disney app looks good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Are TV movies for 24 and Burn Notice (Redemption and The Fall of Sam Axe) hidden in the seasons somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭fman

I've looked for redemption and couldn't find it, through lots of different searches. Not sure if there's anything "different" about its distribution rights or anything. Not sure either if it was included say when 24 was on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Did anyone else's watchlist reset when Star got added. Everything I had on it is gone but when I go into them through the interface they're ticked to say they are on my watchlist.

EDIT: I looked it up and supposedly the watch list will only show 50 items which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Olivia Colman and Emilia Clarke to join Marvel's Secret Invasion original series for Disney +, with Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn already on board

• Advertisement

Advertisement