Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Gravity Falls is fantastic.
    It's excellent. Some of the tie-in merchandise are very well done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

ixoy wrote: »
    It's excellent. Some of the tie-in merchandise are very well done too.

Even after all these years I still go weak laughing about that gnome getting punched in the stomach in the first episode. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see that MODOK series is being released weekly even though Hulu had the entire season at once

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Anyone having issues watching the War of the Worlds series? When I open it there is no option to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Anyone having issues watching the War of the Worlds series? When I open it there is no option to play

Nope, just checked..all good.
    Maybe clear cache and force stop in the app settings, just in case the error lies there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

MICKEYG wrote: »

No issues for me
    Tested on both Sky Q and Chromecast with Google tv

When I click play episode 1 starts

I can also choose from episodes 1-8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I got an email from Disney saying my €89.90 refund has been processed and will be with you in 5-7 working days. Checked bank and there it is!!! Disney+ is still working for me. I was due a €20 refund as an original subscriber who should have paid €69, so don’t know why I got a full refund. I expect it will stop working soon. Anyone else get this?

Is anyone able to compare the content on the U.K. service compared to Ireland?

They should be the same since we are the same distribution region.

I was talking to a friend in the U.K. who mentioned he was about to watch The Hurricane on Disney+ and I saw after the call that we don’t have that here.

It possible that she hadn’t actually checked the app first but I was sure she said she had been browsing just before she called.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I was talking to a friend in the U.K. who mentioned he was about to watch The Hurricane on Disney+ and I saw after the call that we don’t have that here.

It possible that she hadn’t actually checked the app first but I was sure she said she had been browsing just before she called.

https://www.justwatch.com/uk/movie/the-hurricane

Doesn't' seem to be on it in the UK.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

My impression was that Disney+ was exactly the same in the U.K. and Ireland.

Note that this doesn’t necessarily apply to other services. Netflix is mostly the same, with some small differences. Prime Video is or historically was very different between the U.K. and Ireland, though this has changed somewhat recently.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    My impression was that Disney+ was exactly the same in the U.K. and Ireland.

Note that this doesn’t necessarily apply to other services. Netflix is mostly the same, with some small differences. Prime Video is or historically was very different between the U.K. and Ireland, though this has changed somewhat recently.

I know we are to be the same distribution region as the U.K. for cinema, disc and digital but there are examples on iTunes of movies not being made available or not upgraded because although we are the same region they are two different stores and this gets over looked when they are adding or upgrading content.

IF The Hurricane is indeed on Disney+ in the U.K. this would that something similar has happened.

On a separate but related note, I have been told here on the boards that we are not getting the full catalogue of what Disney owns of their own and from Fox for licensing reasons.

I don’t understand that though - what is preventing something like The Hurricane from being on Disney+?

We are talking the 1999 film starring Denzil Washington? It wasn’t made by Disney, and that might be the first complication. Disney had the overseas distribution rights but that might not extend to VOD, depending on what the nature of the agreement was.

A lot of the stuff that didn’t make it on to Disney+ involved third parties in some way shape or form. There are three MCU films that involve third parties that aren’t on the service, for instance, because third parties were involved in either their production or distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Hurricane is not available in the UK. I have yet to hear of any title that is available in UK and not Ireland or vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Using the JustWatch app, The Hurricane isn't available on any streaming service.

icdg wrote: »
    We are talking the 1999 film starring Denzil Washington? It wasn’t made by Disney, and that might be the first complication. Disney had the overseas distribution rights but that might not extend to VOD, depending on what the nature of the agreement was.

A lot of the stuff that didn’t make it on to Disney+ involved third parties in some way shape or form. There are three MCU films that involve third parties that aren’t on the service, for instance, because third parties were involved in either their production or distribution.

It is distributed by Buena Vista here - I thought they are Disney

The Americans is now available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Not sure I saw it posted but Raya and the last dragon is now available,if you've been waiting for the general (free) release.

I also see another new kids film, Luca, releasing in the next week few weeks. Looks quite good, even from an adult. Not sure if it immediately free?

Favourite kids films at the moment is Onward, or Coco, Ralph X 2, in our house atm

I was surprised to see the Luca banner and page having no mention of Premier Access, but apparently it is going up for free in the US too.

Same happened with Soul. Maybe the fact they are Pixar drives up subscriptions so they don’t need to to add on a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Americans is now available.

A fantastic show!

It is distributed by Buena Vista here - I thought they are Disney

They are (or were - the Beuna Vista name is all but gone now).

But a deal done in 1999 might not have been done in contemplation of a service like Disney+. Back in 1999 VOD meant thirty minutes downloading a 2 minute RealVideo file! Or there might be other reasons like the VOD rights being already sold elsewhere and they are waiting for them to expire. We don’t really know.

• Advertisement

The decision by Disney to not treat Pixar releases as Premier Access content unlike Mulan, Raya and Cruella is odd. As a consumer it's a little "too good to be true" and I can see why those involved in producing these movies are going to be a little demoralised. I hope it doesn't end up diluting the Pixar brand going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Any reviews of Rays yet? Any good songs in it? Might watch it with the kids tomorrow, getting tired of Moana

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

budgemook wrote: »
    Any reviews of Rays yet? Any good songs in it? Might watch it with the kids tomorrow, getting tired of Moana

Raya doesn’t have any songs (or love interest!). My 5 year old daughter loved it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

I’m not sure if posted before but I recently found out if you change your age rating on Disney+ there’s a bigger selection of shows and movies available.

Go into your main profile settings and you can change it to 18+ and you’ll have more stuff to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,820 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve been rewatching the Simpsons and I’ve picked season 8 and good god it’s still so good. I’ve great memories of watching the simpsons on a Sunday at 6pm. So many great quotes and episodes.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The decision by Disney to not treat Pixar releases as Premier Access content unlike Mulan, Raya and Cruella is odd. As a consumer it's a little "too good to be true" and I can see why those involved in producing these movies are going to be a little demoralised. I hope it doesn't end up diluting the Pixar brand going forward.

Pixar movies are guaranteed hits and money spinners so I don’t think it is a case of Disney not valuing them.

I think it is more likely that a Pixar release alone causes a very significant increase in subscriptions that they can release the films without needing to tack on an extra cost.

Is the integration with Apple’s TV app working properly for everyone else?

It has been properly lining up episodes for me except for Bad Batch which show up on the Home Screen as partially watched - I had been assuming that this is because there is no next episode available and when Friday comes the new one shows up.

However, the latest episode isn’t in the queue and I started WandaVision tonight and it is showing the episode I just finished as partially watched instead on the next one. And I always let the complete credits finish or drag it to the end through myself.

Pixar movies are guaranteed hits and money spinners so I don’t think it is a case of Disney not valuing them.

I think it is more likely that a Pixar release alone causes a very significant increase in subscriptions that they can release the films without needing to tack on an extra cost.
    Maybe but I'm not so sure. Feels like Premier Access is being used to for only a handful of movies based off traditional prestige Disney IP only. I don't quite understand the logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Maybe but I'm not so sure. Feels like Premier Access is being used to for only a handful of movies based off traditional prestige Disney IP only. I don't quite understand the logic.

I would think if they put too many movies up at the same time as premier people might not be too keen to keep paying extra.

• Advertisement

They would get a lot of people signing up/renewing to see a new Pixar movie that is included in the subscription .
    Having to pay a second larger amount? Not so much subscriptions.

Advertisement