Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ForestFire

They would get a lot of people signing up/renewing to see a new Pixar movie that is included in the subscription .
    Having to pay a second larger amount? Not so much subscriptions.

This maybe true, but I fail to understand how a lot of people give out about this premier access on Disney+......

Take "Raya and the last dragon" for example....It was released on Premier access only first and you have to pay extra....but you still know it will be free to you/me in 2/3 months, if you want to wait (Like I did).

This is absolutely normal for big film releases and you have the option to, get early access or wait for it to be free on your subscription, just like every other film ever released, but just using a different format these days...

Before the pandemic, no one expects to get the latest Star Wars film on Disney+ for free (Sub), when its just release to the cinemas??

Disney Premier Access is just an option that replaces/adds to the following list....

1) Cinema Release
    2) Blu ray/DVD, payed streaming releases
    3) Free streaming release on subscription
    4) Some day in the distant future RTE will buy the rights and show completely free*

*Except for your licence free and subsidies for the government to keep everyone in D4 happy:)

In general I am happy to wait or have the option TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

ForestFire wrote: »
    This maybe true, but I fail to understand how a lot of people give out about this premier access on Disney+......

Take "Raya and the last dragon" for example....It was released on Premier access only first and you have to pay extra....but you still know it will be free to you/me in 2/3 months, if you want to wait (Like I did).

This is absolutely normal for big film releases and you have the option to, get early access or wait for it to be free on your subscription, just like every other film ever released, but just using a different format these days...

Before the pandemic, no one expects to get the latest Star Wars film on Disney+ for free (Sub), when its just release to the cinemas??

Disney Premier Access is just an option that replaces/adds to the following list....

1) Cinema Release
    2) Blu ray/DVD, payed streaming releases
    3) Free streaming release on subscription
    4) Some day in the distant future RTE will buy the rights and show completely free*

*Except for your licence free and subsidies for the government to keep everyone in D4 happy:)

In general I am happy to wait or have the option TBH

I haven’t read anyone complaining about the extra fee (I know they have because people like to twice out but I just haven’t seen it :p ) but what I have see. Is people complaining that Pixar isn’t getting that extra fee :)

Like yourself I don’t see what there is to complain about. The extra fee on Cruella, Raya, etc. is about what a family would pay at the cinema - in fact even less than for some families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I think if there were lots of titles that needed premium access at the same time it would change people’s perceptions of having Disney plus. There are a lot of different platforms available and I suspect that company’s know that people will start getting fickle over which they subscribe to.

icdg wrote: »
    They are (or were - the Beuna Vista name is all but gone now).

But a deal done in 1999 might not have been done in contemplation of a service like Disney+. Back in 1999 VOD meant thirty minutes downloading a 2 minute RealVideo file! Or there might be other reasons like the VOD rights being already sold elsewhere and they are waiting for them to expire. We don’t really know.

Sorry I didn’t notice that anyone had responded to that.

Okay cheers.

LadySkunk wrote: »
    I’m not sure if posted before but I recently found out if you change your age rating on Disney+ there’s a bigger selection of shows and movies available.

Go into your main profile settings and you can change it to 18+ and you’ll have more stuff to watch

I was expecting that they would allow us to block Star from individual profiles.

It bothered me at first but my sister’s don’t pay any notice to the Star content anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone watching the ESPN 30 for 30 for sports documentaries?

Shame they only have a few random episodes available instead of the full collection.

So far I have watched the Buster Douglas Tyson, Ric Flair and the competitive eating documentaries. The first two were very good, last one not so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭SteM

There's a thread on the bargain forum for Ssport, a Turkish sports broadcaster. Ssport have a lot of 30 for 30 docs if you're looking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Loki episode one wasn’t great to be honest, they spent ages trying to explain something that is beyond explanation! Just get on with the show and have some fun

Only discovered national geographic recently
    Never went in there as was expecting just nature documentaries
    All episodes of the drama series 'the right stuff ' is on there tbough and worth a watch,it's quite good
    Its about the story of the 1st US space programme from the beginning
    Patrick J Adams of Suits fame plays John Glenn in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Monsters Inc series starts July 7th

• Advertisement

Only discovered national geographic recently
    Never went in there as was expecting just nature documentaries
    All episodes of the drama series 'the right stuff ' is on there tbough and worth a watch,it's quite good
    Its about the story of the 1st US space programme from the beginning
    Patrick J Adams of Suits fame plays John Glenn in it

The Right Stuff focused way too much on the personal lives of some of the astronauts.

Barely showed anything of the training or what it was like actually being an astronaut - which is what I thought a science based tv channel would focus on.

Disney have passed on season 2 but the producers intended the shop it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Little one and Mrs Dodge were thinking of a trip to Cinema for Cruella but decided against it and they’re ‘buying’ it on Disney plus (it’s available to all from Aug 27)

€22 which is cheaper than the cinema (not the same experience I know) and it can be paid for using mobile phone credit that we never use anyway. Happy to see that. First time we’ve gone with the ‘premier access’ and effectively didn’t cost us anything. Just had to order it through the app

EDIT: don’t want to start a debate on PPV again, just posting for info in case anyone didn’t know (like me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disney+ will be releasing all it's new original series on Wednesdays going forward following the Loki being moved.
    Monsters at Work moves from July 2 to July 7
    Turner & Hooch moves from July 16 to July 21
    Behind the Attraction moves from July 16 to July 21
    Chip ‘n’ Dale: Park Life moves from July 23 to July 28
    Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts moves from July 30 to July 28
    The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse Season 1B moves from July 30 to July 28
    Growing Up Animal moves from August 20 to August 18
    Short Circuit Season 2 moves from July 30 to August 4

Disney+ Original Movies will continue to premiere on Fridays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anytime I see that "Short Circuit" listed I naturally assume it's based on the movies.

I was just browsing Disney+ looking at what old movies (pre-1970) they have from the Fox catalogue.

I can only see An Affair to Remember, The Sound of Music and Cleopatra. And Planet of the Apes.

Is that really all they have so far?

Why were so many episodes of Modern Family broadcast out of order?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is a common issue, numerous shows are out of order mainly the older cartoons.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is a common issue, numerous shows are out of order mainly the older cartoons.

I don’t just mean that they are in the wrong order on Disney+ but the original broadcast order on TV is “wrong”.

There isn’t a serialised story so it isn’t a problem but early in season one there is an episode with the kids being in scoop and a later episode has the kids going back to school for the first time after summer. I recently finished season 2 and the second last episode is clearly meant to be the season finale.

So I had a quick look at the show’s Wikipedia and there is a lot out of order.

So I was curious why it was done. I know sometimes the networks pick episodes they think will hook an audience in the early days but for Modern Family they were all equally funny and it doesn’t explain the out of order for the ready of the seasons.

I know that the original Star Trek was jumbled each season (why do disk and digital release not “correct” it) and I know it happened with Almost Human (where it certainly did cause continuity problems).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Could some of the episodes been shown to match up with a particular date? Halloween, Christmas etc. Have heard in the past of episodes of shows been pulled if they are on the nose with a current event.

salmocab wrote: »
    Could some of the episodes been shown to match up with a particular date? Halloween, Christmas etc. Have heard in the past of episodes of shows been pulled if they are on the nose with a current event.

A switch around to match with Christmas, etc. is a sensible suggestion for why episodes get moved. I wouldn’t have thought of that.

The production numbers are all over the place though and seem to be just a random broadcast order. Probably no way to figure out the reason.

Ah well, what is life without a little mystery. :)

• Advertisement

Sorry if a stupid question.

I was looking for somewhere to stream NYPD Blue (loved the show when it was on TV) but no streaming services in the UK/Ireland have it.

When I looked up more about the show I found out Disney own the rights to it.

Do you think they'll add more old shows to Star or was that it for old shows with the first drop? With it not available on any other streaming sites (or TV) over here and in the UK, I can't see why they didn't add it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I was looking for somewhere to stream NYPD Blue (loved the show when it was on TV) but no streaming services in the UK/Ireland have it.

Do you think they'll add more old shows to Star or was that it for old shows with the first drop? With it not available on any other streaming sites (or TV) over here and in the UK, I can't see why they didn't add it.

Thanks

They are adding old shows on an ongoing basis so you'll probably see it at some point.

Thanks

I liked that series. I didn’t get to see very many episodes but what I did see was good. I would like that show added to.

There may be some obstacles to putting it in the service - maybe the sort out streaming rights with the producers - but as the previous poster said they are in the process of adding shows all the time.

There is a feedback page where you can suggestions including what content you to see. I don’t know what the web address is but I think you find through the help section in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Really enjoyed the Red Zone. Is there anything similar on Disney+ or anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Only Murders In The Building is on Disney+’s Star on Tuesday August 31st
    The comedy series, which was created by Steve Martin and John Hoffman, is produced by 20th Television and stars Steve Martin as Charles, Martin Short as Oliver, Selena Gomez as Mabel, Aaron Dominguez as Oscar and Amy Ryan as Jan. The executive producers are Steve Martin, John Hoffman, Martin Short, Selena Gomez, Jamie Babbitt, Dan Fogelman and Jess Rosenthal

Wow, that’s some cast!!

Wow, that’s some cast!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turner & Hooch trailer.

Turner & Hooch trailer.

This is is intended as a sequel series to the Hanks movie isn’t it?

I wonder if he will turn up at some stage.

• Advertisement

Has there been any talk of Disney+ doing more 24 ?

I’m currently watching the series again and it would be good if Sutherland came back to do more Bauer.

Plus each episode could actually be 60 minutes long.

Advertisement