Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was delighted to see it got added as it's been on my watchlist for some time. Have heard very positive things. Natalie Morales released two films last year that I'm keen to see, Plan B & Language Lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,607 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I had heard good things and wasn't disappointed, I hope you enjoy it.

I only know Natalie Morales as an actress (mostly parks and rec) but on the basis of this I would definitely check out more of her stuff.

The leads in plan b are terrific hope they go on to do more interesting things.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished S1 of Iron Fist. This was the first of these former Netflix Marvel shows that I found a struggle to get through. The guy playing Danny Rand is definitely the weakest lead of the lot and didn't seem like a great actor. The story felt a bit of a mess at times too. I did like the actress who played Colleen Wing but few other characters resonated. Noticeable lack of humour and warmth in this compared to the others as well.

Moving on to The Defenders next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I kinda feel a little sorry for Finn Jones; the script made Danny come across like a New Age plonker returned from some backpacking, and wasn't helped by the (apparent) 3 weeks of fight training he had before shooting began. I haven't seen him in much beyond Iron Fist but he had an uphill battle in that respect; and like a lot of the Netflix Marvel shows there was maybe 5, 6 episodes worth of story stretched to 13.

The bobs burgers movie has been added!

Also.

Well deserved an absolute gem of a show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Brilliant show. As is Only Murders in the Building. Two shows that aren’t available to the US subscribers btw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finally got around to finishing Mr Inbetween, very very good. Episodes at 30 minutes and 3 seasons was about right.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

The bobs burgers movie is absolutely CLASS...very funny and sweet, you don't have to have seen the TV show (but you should watch that as well!), Good songs as you would expect

First 3 episodes of season 3 of Solar Opposites are on now...genuinely bonkers as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I never got into Solar Opposites (Or Rick & Morty) but love Bob's Burgers and the ovie is very funny too. And, well, anything with H Jon Benjamin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished Defenders. It was alright. It was nice to see the characters interact, although I do think the chemistry could have been developed better. Not a great fan of the 'big bad' in this one either, although I liked seeing Sigourney Weaver involved.

Next on the list is The Punisher. I enjoyed him in the Daredevil series, so looking forward to his series.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lightyear will drop on Disney+ August 3rd

It was a major box office flop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It had a double whammy of people not being too excited by it anyway and conservatives in America thinking it was all woke and that Tim Allen was cancelled. It was in part a victim of a weird culture war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

wife and 8 year old watched it in the cinema and said it was a terrible movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Watched the Bobs Burgers movie last night. I'd never seen an episode of the show, and thought the movie was brilliant. We ended up watching 2 random episodes in S6 or something after. The difference in animation was stark, but the episodes were gas. We'll go back now and start at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bloomberg are reporting that Disney are in talks with the Beeb to bring Dr Who to D+

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Be interesting just exactly how much of the show they go for. All the way back to 1963 or from 2005 on or maybe even from 2010 or another Doctor start point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting news; simply for streaming rights, or does it suggest some kind of production capacity / shekels thrown the Beeb's way?

The show has really struggled of late to stretch its budget, or keep even relative parity with where Genre TV is these days. Heck IIRC half the Matt Smith run were Bottle Episodes because of this.

Ah brilliant yeah the film was great fun and the TV show is terrific.

I started it months ago I am only season 7, terrific to have something fun to watch. It is consistently good and makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

We watched it at home as the wife and 8 year old had seen it in the cinema. I enjoyed it, especially the animation, has a real beavis and butthead vibe to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

That's interesting. Hopefully they'll get into a co-production situation, maybe even create a Who-niverse with some movies & spin offs. Would be a great IP for Disney, their budgets could produce some really great stuff.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Seems to be just steaming rights from what I can see, but it would be an interesting move as the BBC has been backing the Britbox horse for a while in that regard and this would be selling rights to a huge competitor. Britbox hasn’t been the success in its home market it has been hoped for (it came along just maybe a bit too late to a crowded market), and ITV who control the lions share are about to launch their own streaming service ITVX which is probably a signal that they don’t seem to see a long term future for Britbox, except perhaps as an archive or “gold” service.. Its international roll out has been very slow too.

Dr Who itself is an interesting example of a hit U.K. series that’s impossible to stream in Ireland (without resorting to piracy or “other methods”. Britbox not being available in Ireland has limited hugely access streaming wise to hit U.K. series (other than Channel 4 who thank goodness still give us access to an almost complete All4 library).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It could be just Dr Who rights in the US as we’ve seen there’s significant differences between the regions (and we get far more thanks to the Star stream showing Hulu and Starz tv amongst others)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is Solar Opposites a weekly release even though season 3 has been released elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭adaminho

Last man on Earth added the other day. It's well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

New Andor trailer. Looks fantastic. What a cast. I really like the aesthetic of this as I did with the movie. I loved how the movie was basically a heist and war movie which just so happened to have AT-ATs and stuff. That beach battle scene was fantastic. My biggest problem with the last Star Wars movies (And especially the last one) was this ever-narrowing focus on the Skywalkers. But I just love the.... I don't know.... earthiness of this (Well, as grounded as a series with spaceships and aliens and pew pew laser guns can be. You know what I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

I just didn’t get it at all

Lots of really fast dialogue interspersed with random singing :D

I don’t know what I was expecting but I didn’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Looks great. Wasn't looking forward to it until I saw that. Best thing of rogue one was you had no idea who'd survive. Absolutely the best SW movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Anybody know why they haven't added the last 4 episodes of Atlanta season 3 yet?

Advertisement