Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think what Pixar is doing is far better than what Disney animation but I wouldn't want to see them merge or either get absorbed by the other because they're doing different things and targeting different audiences. Encanto had some good songs but personally I found the story to be a bit of a mess. Raya was only ok, fairly forgettable. I think Luca is a lovely little film, it's not their best but it's very understated and small scale which I appreciated. Lightyear didn't work for me but I don't think it's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm looking forward to those upcoming Pixar movies. Even though they've not been able to repeat the dizzying heights of the late 90s/00s run since the Disney acquisitio, by and large they're creating above average original animation feature films.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

here's all the star wars & marvel announcements from the disney expo

again a lot there , few trailers and new shows

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

<I deleted as it was meant for another thread> sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm up to the third episode of Wedding Season. I like it more than I did in the first episode, but some of the characters are a bit jarring. Not sure what the point is in focusing on the two detectives.

I do like the chemistry between the two leads. My biggest annoyance would be the flashbacks. I don't like Stefan's friends and I feel like it takes a lot of the momentum away when they switch back to them.

• Advertisement

Finished Iron Fist S2 and I'm annoyed at myself for watching it. I gave it a chance and didn't mind the first couple of episodes but it descended into an absolute mess by the halfway stage and just gets more and more awful. That was the worst one of these shows I've watched by far.

Davos is such a bland villain. Compare him to the Luke Cage antagonists and it's not even close. The premise for Walker wasn't bad but I didn't like the casting.

I don't get why Joy was so mad at Danny. I know she explains the reasoning but it just seems ridiculously OTT.

Why did the writers bother to break Danny's leg only for him to basically walk it off due to his 'tech'?

Why does Davos decide to surround himself with a one-eyed goon he openly says he doesn't trust, and then a bunch of young hoodlums?

Why does Colleen make such a big deal about her being asked to pick up her sword and fight again? We've already seen her confronting danger by herself in earlier episodes. No one forced her. That whole thing about Danny having to choose between the Fist and being with her was so contrived and so stupid.

Why does Danny want to give away the Iron Fist when basically the entire series has been about him coming to terms with the responsibility?

And I like Colleen, but why did the writers make her the Iron Fist? In the scene where Davos and her are fighting and he points out that he was the more deserving, and her history with The Hand and K'un-Lun. I found myself thinking that was a good point. She then brushes it off and says something like 'none of that matters'. I WATCHED TWO SERIES OF THIS TELLING ME HOW IT MATTERS.

And what was that final scene about with the guns? Did the writers bottle it, realising that they were going to end the series with the protagonist losing his powers, and so they just throw that in at the end to avoid a backlash?

Thumbs (and fists) down.

Daredevil S3 is next up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Iron Fist was a mess. Same showrunner as InHumans so I think it is safe to lay the blame with him.

I’m no Iron Fist expert but every incarnation of him that I have seen has him as a calm and wise man - not this tantrum throwing person.

Davos is a travesty of a character. How in the world does he have that accent if he was not and raised in that secluded place?

I wouldn’t object to Jones (or the cousins/Coleen) getting another crack at it but I think maybe a much younger Danny Rand (like in the Spider-Man cartoon) would be fun.

Did NYPD Blue air on regular TV the US or was it on cable ?

there is a lot boobs, bums and profanity plus there are multiple ongoing character arcs - I thought this didn’t happen until the 2000s

Great series but the blurry slow-mo whenever there is a shooting is rubbish - first time I hope there are no shoot outs in a cop show ;)

Post edited by Spon Farmer on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ongoing character arcs started (i think) with Hill street Blues in the 80's. the same creator as NYPD Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

NYPD Blue was on ABC in America (the 10pm slot). The nudity was pretty controversial but it was definitely a ground breaking show

• Advertisement

After posting I was browsing Prime and remembered that The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp (waiting almost a year for the distributor and Amazon to make season 2 available) also has a continuity through the first season. Episodes are standalone stories but frequent references are to past events and characters, an earlier episode has an impact on a later episode, etc.

The only thing I remember of Hill Street Blues is the theme music :).

I only have a vague recollection of the controversy and I thought most of it was about the character of Sipowicz and how he was an alcoholic, racist, woman hater, etc.

That isn’t Sipowicz I’m seeing (except for the alcoholic) so I must be remembering very wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Defo wasn’t racist. Was “old school” and the show was gritty but that was part of the charm

I finished Wedding Season. It was decent enough. I wouldn't say it gave me many laughs but the chemistry of the leads kept me interested.

Agreed. I must be remembering wrong.

He would be called racist these days though just because he isn’t PC (rolls eyes)

I don’t really care for Kelly or his girlfriend

What time of day does new content usually be one available?

I know the last batch of episodes of Walking Dead used to usually available before 8am but every time. I was hoping Andor’s first episode would be available by now.

I wish all streaming services would allow some kind of “not interested” option that would remove recommendations and that it would know something has already. Even viewed and not recommend it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Andor is out tomorrow not today as far as I know. And first three episodes should be there then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I feel like they may have changed from 8.00 to 12.00 or sometime around then. I remember expecting to watch OMITB before work as I had done during its peak but it was not available.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

You are correct.

I knew it was out on Wednesday 21st but this morning I was mixed up about what day it is today.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

I thought they announced new releases were Thursdays anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah. They seem a bit confused on that. But Google says tomorrow.

NOW :)

Maybe it's just the Marvel shows. Ms Marvel apparently suffered in the ratings from coming out alongside Obi-Wan Kenobi. (Personal opinion, nothing to do with the quality of the show, I enjoyed it more than Obi-Wan)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Watched the first 3 episodes and really enjoyed them, my favorite Star Wars movie is rogue one so I had high hopes for Andor and it didn’t disappoint, none of the skywalker/solo nonsense that ruined the rest of them

when is Atlanta season 4 liking to come to Disney+?

I only just discovered a few minutes that there is a season 4 - I was certain I read I that it ended with season 3.

soon after the season is finished in on fx in the states

okay thanks.

I had been thinking it would be a long time because season 3 only arrived a couple of months ago and I thought that had aired aired before or during lockdown. after your post did I looked it up and see the season only finished back in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Old Man with Jeff Bridges streaming Sept 28 on Disney+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone know is Married With Children on Disney+?

Advertisement