Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No it won’t, plenty of us are watching already in Europe

Not officially, it only launched in The Netherlands so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Buttros

The launch in france has been delayed 2 weeks per government request. Was due to be tomorrow, same as us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just one more sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Just one more sleep!
    or none if its from midnight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Buttros wrote: »
    The launch in france has been delayed 2 weeks per government request. Was due to be tomorrow, same as us.

What was their reason for the request? Bandwidth issues or something?

I would have thought a service that would entice people to stay at home would be welcomed.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

That's what I'm actually hoping, but preparing for one more sleep all the same.
    If I can be watching DuckTales at midnight though that'd be amazing.

giphy.gif

Countdown on page shows launch is happening at 0100 in Ireland

Disney Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Has a list of the movies that will be available here ever been released? 1000 movies sounds great in theory, but if the majority are from Disney's live action back catalogue or similar quality, I'd be less enthused.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Has a list of the movies that will be available here ever been released? 1000 movies sounds great in theory, but if the majority are from Disney's live action back catalogue or similar quality, I'd be less enthused.

Here you go

murpho999 wrote: »
    Countdown on page shows launch is happening at 0100 in Ireland

Disney Plus.

Nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Nice one, thanks!

No sign of an app on my LG tv. You'd imagine that would be there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

No sign of an app on my LG tv. You'd imagine that would be there today.

No you wouldn't. It doesn't launch till tomorrow. If you had the app today you would be able to watch Disney today if you availed of the pre order offer. Plenty of posters downloaded the app from the US, paid the Irish pre order & have been watching Disney plus for the last few weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Is there a phone app that I can cast to my tv...its a samsung smart tv but I'd say slightly too old tobget the app

samsung ue40ju6400k

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

There will an APP for every smart device TOMORROW

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No you wouldn't. It doesn't launch till tomorrow. If you had the app today you would be able to watch Disney today if you availed of the pre order offer. Plenty of posters downloaded the app from the US, paid the Irish pre order & have been watching Disney plus for the last few weeks now

This would only work with a vpn I think.

I got the app while in the US and my Irish sub worked but once I got home the app said the service wasn’t available here yet.

nialldinho wrote: »
    This would only work with a vpn I think.

I got the app while in the US and my Irish sub worked but once I got home the app said the service wasn’t available here yet.

VPN or smart DNS. US Disney doesn't have Xmen but Irish Disney is getting 6 Xmen movies. It's always handy to be able to switch between US & EU

Doesn't make sense as there'll be a different website for Ireland than the US,

I have subbed but cannot login to the service on my chrome browser as it's geo-blocked so why wouldn't a TV app be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

OmegaGene wrote: »
    smart dns also works

ive tried smart dns set to netherlands on my router and was able to get streams on my phone.. but wouldnt cast to my chromecast.. could see content but all i get is video not found when i try to play.. kinda can't be bothered trying to solve now with launch tomorrow.. i assume it will work ok when launched here

Doesn't make sense as there'll be a different website for Ireland than the US,

I have subbed but cannot login to the service on my chrome browser as it's geo-blocked so why wouldn't a TV app be the same.

Why would the app be available now? for what reason? It doesn't launch until tomorrow. The app is useless until the launch. If you preorder a Playstation game the shop has it locked away until the official launch day. They don't give you the box the day before for you to look at. You have another 10 hours or so to wait. You might be able to download the app at midnight but it could be 1am

• Advertisement

ive tried smart dns set to netherlands on my router and was able to get streams on my phone.. but wouldnt cast to my chromecast.. could see content but all i get is video not found when i try to play.. kinda can't be bothered trying to solve now with launch tomorrow.. i assume it will work ok when launched here

Wouldn't you have to set cromecast or router DNS if you want to cast? Setting DNS on phone is only for the phone afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Does anyone know if it'll have 4K content ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭micks_address

Wouldn't you have to set cromecast or router DNS if you want to cast? Setting DNS on phone is only for the phone afaik

Yeah I set the DNS on the router so all devices would be same

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Trying to sign up and get the tenner off but I can't get past the ZIP code requirement, am I being dumb?

Why would the app be available now? for what reason? It doesn't launch until tomorrow. The app is useless until the launch. If you preorder a Playstation game the shop has it locked away until the official launch day. They don't give you the box the day before for you to look at. You have another 10 hours or so to wait. You might be able to download the app at midnight but it could be 1am

It launches at 1am, would be good to have the app installed and ready to go.

Will also prevent potential problems trying to download the app if their app store gets hammered.

Your game comparison. If you forget physical media , which I myself never buy and pre-order the game online then you can download and install the game before hand and tnen you're ready to go at launch. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

McCalvin wrote: »
    Trying to sign up and get the tenner off but I can't get past the ZIP code requirement, am I being dumb?

Curious... I got off my Virgin Media connection and used mobile data (Three) and the payment registration no longer required a ZIP code. I wasn't using a VPN AFAIK. Anyway, subscribed, ehhh... for the kids obviously.

There will an APP for every smart device TOMORROW

It’s not the Life one then is it? I just signed up but that app closes the second I open it on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just reading the Mandalorian and Clone Wars season 7 will only be weekly releases two episodes each tomorrow and then an episode a week every Friday.

Just reading the Mandalorian and Clone Wars season 7 will only be weekly releases two episodes each tomorrow and then an episode a week every Friday.

That’s a bit of a jip. No wonder people just download stuff.

• Advertisement

Anyone getting 7 day trial tomorrow will need to pay for the 2nd month to see the 8th episode of The Mandelorian. Anyone just wanting to see this programme can save a month's subscription by holding off another week & a half before starting the trial.

Advertisement