Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using N26 acc for mortgage approval?

• 05-11-2019 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Hello - I wish to set up a separate bank account without maintenance fees for mortgage approval. Has anyone used N26?

I set it up & tried to use it for my mortgage protection but the broker said the company (Royal London) wouldn't accept it and it had to be an Irish bank account.

Just wondering if anyone has successfully used N26 for mortgage payments and bills?

Alternatively - is EBS the best one to go for? How long does it take to set up a bank account? Do I need these details when I am signing contracts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Hello - I wish to set up a separate bank account without maintenance fees for mortgage approval. Has anyone used N26?

I set it up & tried to use it for my mortgage protection but the broker said the company (Royal London) wouldn't accept it and it had to be an Irish bank account.

Just wondering if anyone has successfully used N26 for mortgage payments and bills?

Alternatively - is EBS the best one to go for? How long does it take to set up a bank account? Do I need these details when I am signing contracts?

Thanks in advance.

When it's a financial institution that's refusing to accept sepa direct debits, the central bank will react when you complain to them about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

McGaggs wrote: »
    When it's a financial institution that's refusing to accept sepa direct debits, the central bank will react when you complain to them about it.

Yeah but if I'm under pressure to start mortgage payments I don't have much time to be complaining to the Central Bank do I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Yeah but if I'm under pressure to start mortgage payments I don't have much time to be complaining to the Central Bank do I?

I did it with an insurance company, and I think it was sorted within 24 hours. Got a call from the central bank asking if they could use my complaint in contacting the trusted entity. Shortly afterwards, I got a call from the insurance company asking for for N26 account details.

Advertisement