Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stranger triggered house alarm, caught on cctv. What next?

• 06-11-2019 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Today a car pulled up in my parents gate (while they were at work) a passenger got out and waddled up to the front door, taking a look through the windows as she passed.
    The dogs go crazy, but are locked out the back.

Out of sight of the camera she does something to trigger the alarm. Turns on her heels and leaves , again looking through the windows.

Should we report this to the gardai?
    She has technically done nothing wrong.
    We have clear footage and a plate for the car.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Mezzotint

Absolutely report it, particularly as you have CCTV. Pretty sure that's legally trespass and she was quite obviously testing to see if there was an alarm system. She may well have been casing the area ahead of a spate of break ins.

Even if they can't prosecute her, the information and CCTV could be very useful in terms of crime prevention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Absolutely report it. The Guards have a video sharing facility so they can all look at it. If there were other break ins in the area I'd say they'd be happy to have suspects on video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Yep, report it for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Cheers
    I'll do that.
    Thank you all for the responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Where abouts roughly was this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Old Perry wrote: »
    Where abouts roughly was this.

Map of Ireland>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,897 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not only report it, but if you live in an area which has a community alert network and or a neighbourhood watch scheme then let them know, they will inform others in the neighbourhood to be extra vigilant in the coming days/weeks.

Advertisement