Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS Z170I bios update failure

Options
  • 06-11-2019 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Tried to update my bios last night and unfortunately i'm now not getting any signal from the pc to the monitor and no lights on mouse or keyboard either :(.

I ordered a replacement BIOS chip but if that doesn't work does anyone have any suggestions like a new motherboard? My processor is an i5 6600k and i'm not really in a position to upgrade to a 9 series.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just came here to post a related query...

I built a z170 based Skylake PC in 2016 with help off the forum here,

I would have flashed the BIOS to upgrade the CPU to 7600k in 2017. Is there any need to update the BIOS again, or is it recommended to do so?

The computer had been lying more or less dormant for the past few months for various reasons and on Saturday I had to spend hours doing a major driver clean-up to get out of a Reference By Pointer BSOD loop and I just want to make sure I have everything correct now to keep her right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TheSegal wrote: »
    Tried to update my bios last night and unfortunately i'm now not getting any signal from the pc to the monitor and no lights on mouse or keyboard either :(.

I ordered a replacement BIOS chip but if that doesn't work does anyone have any suggestions like a new motherboard? My processor is an i5 6600k and i'm not really in a position to upgrade to a 9 series.

Thanks

Z170/Z270 motherboards are still in plentiful supply.
    https://skinflint.co.uk/?cat=mbp4_1151&xf=317_Z170~317_Z270

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Have a look here, you should be able to roll back to a working version: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012219/

Advertisement