Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Voices 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The Murder Capital in the church will be good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Nice line-up. I've never been. I don't know why I haven't even looked into it. Best town in Ireland littered with good music. What's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Nice line-up. I've never been. I don't know why I haven't even looked into it. Best town in Ireland littered with good music. What's not to like?

Accomodation!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

How does one get tickets for the church? I cant find any on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭turnfan

How does one get tickets for the church? I cant find any on the website

https://www.othervoices.ie/content/why-OV-doesnt-sell-tickets

Only by the grace of god (or by winning a competition)

It's streamed to the pubs, which is a really good option.

I wish more live gigs would be streamed to pubs, I'd easily buy a ticket for great picture and sound, and way more atmosphere than a cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Heading down again this year after my one and only visit in 2017, great weekend in fairness, not too familiar with many of the acts playing the music trail but I guess that is part of the enjoyment! Staying a bit outside Dingle for it, anyone any experience with how easy/hard it is to get taxis at night time?

Heading down again this year after my one and only visit in 2017, great weekend in fairness, not too familiar with many of the acts playing the music trail but I guess that is part of the enjoyment! Staying a bit outside Dingle for it, anyone any experience with how easy/hard it is to get taxis at night time?

It's better than most small towns, but that's faint praise. Do you know anyone local who can give you some numbers?
    I'd see about getting something booked for 0300 every night to be safe :D

Cheers, might be a good idea. I'm sure if we get in touch with our airbnb host in advance they could pass on a taxi drivers number. Last time we were fortunate enough to be staying on the main street so didn't have to worry about it!

Timetable is out for the weekend for anyone heading down, apparently 90% of wristbands are sold for the music trail too and once they are gone they won't be selling any more.

Still have to do a lot of listening as not too familiar with many of the acts. Some of the bigger pubs from last time don't seem to be listed anywhere, An Chonair, An Droichead Beag, Dick Macks, I wonder will anything be happening in them or are they just not participating this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Its an amazing setup. Have been lucky enough to be at James Church gigs, on 4 occasions, that was back when you could buy tickets. Think they sold only about 50 per night, at the tine. Nowadays, its competition winners only, and invited guests, for the Janes Church gigs.

Must head down again for the full few days, as it has evolved nicely into a proper festival, and they were sorely missed at EP this year.

• Advertisement

Didn't get down for the full weekend, you really need to take Friday and Monday off to make the most of it.

I hope it comes back to Ballina or other town with charm that might need a showcase in 2020.

I was down for Friday and Saturday. Great weekend but didn't really see a whole lot of music being honest - saw Paddy Mulcahy, Autumns, Junior Brother who were all fairly good. Went to some bars and they were uncomfortably busy so didn't stick around. Whitney sounded good in the church from what I saw on the streams. Wasn't as big of a fan of Geaneys hosting the IMRO room in a marquee as I was when it was in an Chonair the last time.

Advertisement