Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to locate pension funds

• 06-11-2019 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭

I have been working abroad for the last 8 years but previous to that had been working in Ireland for 10 years.

I work for numerous companies in that 10 years and had company pensions, however I do not know where to even see how much i have or even find the funds

Is there any central system which helps me locate the funds?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Gathering up whatever information you have on them would be a start. Work out how many jobs and thus Pensions you think you might have. Sometimes its as simple as contacting the major Pension providers with you name and date of birth handy.

The only thing I would say is that some companies have multiple departments and multiple computer systems so if you feel confident a Pension is definitely somewhere you need to persist looking around and maybe asking for different departments. Were they individual pensions or company backed ? Group Pensions , Group PRSA's, Individual Pensions, Individual Occupational Pension schemes (Executive Pensions), Personal Pension Plans, Personal retirement Bonds, AVCs are the ones I can think of off the top of my head where your Pensions might reside Were there any defined Benefit Pensions (these may be harder to find if you don't have any correspondence). Some companies may have them all linked but I have found at times where one department isn't speaking with the other (ridiculous in this day and age).

If you really have nothing to go on, contact the HR department of the companies you worked at and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, If you know a financial adviser/broker or know a family member who can recommend one they might be willing to help you find your Pensions. You could give them as much information as you have available on your Pensions, sign off giving them authority as your broker (so they can contact the pension companies and get details of your pension) and they could contact the companies on your behalf and locate them.

Are the companies still in business?
    Contacting them they might be able to steer you in the right direction.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Where are the annual statements going?

Advertisement