Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leader Funding Insight Sought

Options
  • 06-11-2019 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Looking for advice on who or what organisation/s are available to help complete novices to comprehend, prepare and successfully apply for LEADER grant aid.

I have emailed NRN-National Rural Network, LEADER site, and Regional development agencies looking for guidance and the only thing I received was an EOI - Expression Of Interest form.

It may well be the standard protocol in this regard but I am reluctant to fill in and submit without ANY knowledge or insight of how to ensure a successful application.

I understand that the agencies may be under no obligation to guide me but perhaps there are individuals or organisations that can and will.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Contact your local leader/partnership company . They will have development officers that will guide you through the process

• Registered Users Posts: 28 random voice

THey sent me out an EOI form.

I wanted clarification on several subjects related to application process eg whether they had reached saturation for specific ventures in the area, whether applying in one area excludes you from others unknowingly and also assistance with EOI protocol. have heard nothing since.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

THey sent me out an EOI form.

I wanted clarification on several subjects related to application process eg whether they had reached saturation for specific ventures in the area, whether applying in one area excludes you from others unknowingly and also assistance with EOI protocol. have heard nothing since.

Seems like poor form. Ask to make an appointment with someone there and call in to them in person then.

Maybe fill out the EoI too and tell them you’ve that done. It might help get the ball rolling. As far as I remember, they’re short enough forms which nobody will hold you to as and when the idea develops and you start the real application

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Yes phone and ask to make an appointment with a development officer. They are there to answer those sort of questions and to take you through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,544 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The EOI form is basically so you can be allocated a development officer, the details cqn be breif and you'll in no way be held to the content..

Often within the office they will have officers dedicated to geographical areas, topics or businesses, the EOI will ensure you are allocated to the correct person.

It also records their activity for accounting back, seen X clients as verified by the EOI on file..

I think if you ring you will get talking to an Admin who will insist you fill the form in before getting to the development officer.

My personal experince is these folk are very professional, helpful and genuinely interested in getting funding out, remember though that all the rules are handed down to them and audited to death by independant bodies both locally and from Europe, so your paperwork will need to be 100%, they will insist on that, continuously throughout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement