Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident in Schiphol

Options
  • 06-11-2019 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭

Reports of an ongoing incident in pier D in schiphol, passed through there today on the 12.30 flight to Dublin, lucky I missed it.

Schiphol airport: Dutch police probing 'suspicious situation' on plane https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50325887

Comments

False alarm, nothing to see here, just human error.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Pretty embarrassing for the pilot who triggered the alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Also apparently an incident in Malpensa and another one on a train heading to Brussels airport

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭crisco10

Was on Dublin flight this eve, and was affected by it. Delayed bout 45 mins in end. Not surprisingly information was a little short in schipol, what was mad was the blinds coming down to block all the windows on d pier. Really added to lock down feel!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Also apparently an incident in Malpensa and another one on a train heading to Brussels airport

Heard nothing of these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I was there last night waiting to board the flight to cork. Basically we were all hunted from Murphys onward on Pier D and i only heard from a Colleague on the inbound from cork what had happened. They opened the area again and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

How do you accidentally dial 7500 into your transponder and hit Ident? Been done before no doubt, but surely it's just a matter of ATC calling the aircraft and saying "X, confirm your 7500"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

How do you accidentally dial 7500 into your transponder and hit Ident? Been done before no doubt, but surely it's just a matter of ATC calling the aircraft and saying "X, confirm your 7500"?

If you were a baddy would you not say to ATC "ops normal" sorry about that. Hence why ATC have to treat it as the real deal and push the big red button. The issue is was it some sort of tech issue which I find hard to believe on a modern aircraft or just an idiot being let loose on the flight deck that should know better. If the latter then their career will be very short lived - thankfully for the rest of the professionals.

Advertisement