Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skoda Octavia 152-CE-1372 1.4 TSI 150PS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It was overpriced at €12250.
    It’s a uk import, only brought in earlier this year going on the reg (I’m from Clare so kinda know the numbers)
    I’d be looking for the uk reg number.

I’m not sure if the reliability issues on the 1.4 TSI were sorted by 2015, it’s nice to have that engine though vs the 1.2 that you’d usually see in Ireland on petrols.

Price is right on it, it’s an ok colour and an ok spec. Mileage is nice and low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭kravmaga

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It was overpriced at €12250.
    It’s a uk import, only brought in earlier this year going on the reg (I’m from Clare so kinda know the numbers)
    I’d be looking for the uk reg number.

I’m not sure if the reliability issues on the 1.4 TSI were sorted by 2015, it’s nice to have that engine though vs the 1.2 that you’d usually see in Ireland on petrols.

Price is right on it, it’s an ok colour and an ok spec. Mileage is nice and low.

Yes agreed, price is good, I have been after the 1.4 TSI 138 PS for a long time.

The current dealer took it as a trade in so not sure if I can get the Uk reg as its on Irish plates.

What were the issues with the 1.4TSI engine, I thought this was best in class, compared to the under powered 1.2 TSI petrol engine.?

kravmaga wrote: »
    Yes agreed, price is good, I have been after the 1.4 TSI 150 PS for a long time.
    Oh I know :D
    The current dealer took it as a trade in so not sure if I can get the Uk reg as its on Irish plates.
    It is on the Irish registration cert. if you do a history check it will show.
    What were the issues with the 1.4TSI engine, I thought this was best in class, compared to the under powered 1.2 TSI petrol engine.?
    I’m not sure, think timing chain, but can’t keep up with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seems very odd a dealer in Ireland would take a UK reg as trade-in instead of sourcing the car themselves.

Seems very odd a dealer in Ireland would take a UK reg as trade-in instead of sourcing the car themselves.

You take a trade in against another car you’re selling. I guess it was worth their while. They have some newer and more premium stuff so it’s plausible.

• Advertisement

Ive seen the reg plate its on an Irish reg plate, the dealer who is Eastern European guy said it was taken as a trade in on Irish plates.

Reg plate is 152-CE-1372

I know the Irish reg, but the uk reg will be listed on the Irish vehicle registration cert, which the dealer would have.

I would do a cartel/motorcheck history check ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd like to know why a car only imported and registered in Clare earlier in the year was sold on so quickly and found it's way to a small dealer at the other side of the country.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd like to know why a car only imported and registered in Clare earlier in the year was sold on so quickly and found it's way to a small dealer at the other side of the country.

I know thats what I was suspicious about, how does a Clare reg end up in a small non Irish run dealership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And why it was sold on so soon after being imported.

• Advertisement

What did you end up doing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

I love the racism on this thread......."they are non-Irish though!!"

Which race is the OP targeting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Which race is the OP targeting?

Hi Colm,

Racism need not specifically target an exact race but to create hostility and segregation among a race or nationality other that oneself.

In this case "Non Irish" is listed with the negative aspects the OP has and later the OP further specifiies that these "non-Irish" are Eastern European.....as it is somewhat a hint to run away from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

It could have been bought in Dublin and was registered on CE plates. Bill Griffin does it when he first registers the uk imports depending on where the buyer wants it registered. I both my car from him and when I picked it up he had registered it to my home county

What did you end up doing ?

Nothing yet, been too busy with work.

Hope to test drive it this Friday. It was €12,550 a few weeks ago now reduced to €10,950.

See how it goes.

tomister wrote: »
    It could have been bought in Dublin and was registered on CE plates. Bill Griffin does it when he first registers the uk imports depending on where the buyer wants it registered. I both my car from him and when I picked it up he had registered it to my home county

Its not a Bill griffin car, info I have is it was registered in Clare and the owner traded it in to the dealer in Dublin where it currently is on sale.

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2325609&r=s.php%3Fm%3D80%26o%3D682%26r%3D2015%26g%3D0

All dealers do what’s described above.

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    I love the racism on this thread......."they are non-Irish though!!"

OP here.

What are you going on about? We are discussing a car for sale.

If you have no input on the car for sale, keep your unsolicited comments to yourself.

Don’t even bother :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

No issues with that engine as yet. It is a cracking unit, no chain and none of the issues of the older 125bhp version. We have two in the family, smooth, frugal and quick. One of the best mainstream petrol engines out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I have the 1.4tsi ACT 150ps engine in my 2015 Polo and it's a gem of a thing, I average 6.5l/100km and never feel short of power, Being a larger car I'd assume a bit less for the Octavia but still compared to the 1.2 it's definitely a step up.
    I've had it a couple of years now, the car has been serviced every year or 10k by both me and the previous owner and I've had no issues coming up close to 100k km on the clock.

I’d say the 150ps in the Polo would be great. I rented a 1.2 110ps years ago and it was a hoot to drive.

I did a vehicle check on the reg for both Uk and Ireland , alarm bells ringing.

Came back as a Cat C Write off, i.e. So presume it was involved in a crash in the UK?? Didnt go near it in the end

Category C
    A vehicle which is capable of being repaired but the repair cost exceeds the pre-accident vehicle value. This category is referred to as category S in the UK. Examples of Category C write-offs include vehicles involved in minor to moderate collisions and vehicles with minor water or fire damage.

I bought a 2016 Skoda Octavia , Ambition spec from a Skoda dealership in Naas instead.

1.0 ltr engine with 115bhp

I know the Irish reg, but the uk reg will be listed on the Irish vehicle registration cert, which the dealer would have.

I would do a cartel/motorcheck history check ASAP.

Yes did the check, came back as a CAT C Write off

Great stuff. It’s always worth doing you homework. Delighted you finally bought something!

Advertisement