Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Levy on petrol and diesel staying in place even though debt is paid back

• 07-11-2019 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭

Money from drivers paying 2c levy on petrol will soon be used for government climate action plans https://jrnl.ie/4880315

I think this is a bit much, they've hit us with a carbon tax on fuel for climate change and now won't do away with the levy they brought in to help out the oil industry. They want the money for climate change action again.
    They knew this before the budget why didn't they just say there going to keep the levy but no carbon tax, it was a dishonest move.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Because they need every stealth tax they can dream up- how else do you think the welfare state is paid for? Half the country are hooked on handouts.
    Look no further than the USC for evidence- utter joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well just remember that the little country with the world's most expensive children's hospital has to be paid for too. The term climate change is just a license to print money for all sorts of tax cash grabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the levy they brought in to help out the oil industry.
    I'm not sure about that assertion. The levy exists to fund the storage of 90 days supply of fuel, which can be use in the event of supply disruption, as happened in 1973 and 1979. Those events hurt fuel users and the 90 days supply is to their benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

climate change action plan me hole .

they cant even build a hospital properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

DaDumTish wrote: »
    climate change action plan me hole .

they cant even build a hospital properly
    It all depends on ones perception of properly.
    Properly to the government means that lots of cream is skimmed off by buddies and pals keeping the wheels of power turning.

It's 400+m over budget already and not a word said. Look over there nothing to be seen here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Climate Action Fund - now there's a slush fund if I ever saw one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

yeah i meant 'public ' or 'for the people' properly

its obviously being built 'govenrment ' properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

road_high wrote: »
    Because they need every stealth tax they can dream up- how else do you think the welfare state is paid for? Half the country are hooked on handouts.
    Look no further than the USC for evidence- utter joke
    While I agree wholeheartedly with the first part, the USC is actually the best piece of taxation that was brought in because almost everyone is paying something.

If I had my way I'd scrap the PAYE-PRSI systems in the morning and just have (a higher rate of course) USC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

biko wrote: »
    Climate Action Fund - now there's a slush fund if I ever saw one.

Prep work for the next NAMA?????

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement