Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm recommendations

Options
  • 07-11-2019 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone would recommend a company for a house alarm? I just want something standard, nothing that costs x amount per month

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Phone Alarms
    Francis Street
    Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

https://www.proutsecurity.com/

Very neat and tidy. Came recommended to me from the Gardai after a break in at my dads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Byrne Alarms in Drogheda. Kevin Byrne. Came recommended and would recommend.

Another +1 for Byrne Alarms. Absolute gents. Gave us a number of options and explained them all very well. No hard sell and the work done was excellent.

Had a problem about a month or so ago and one of them was over within the hour to sort it.

And another one for Byrne Alarms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

Thanks for all the suggestions, seems like Byrnes is a good shout so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

dave 27 wrote: »
    I just want something standard, nothing that costs x amount per month

No matter who you go with it's more than likely going to be a HKC alarm, it seems to be what they all use. But, I would recommend you get the SMS module included. It only cost about €90 a year and it means you will get an instant notification any time your alarm goes off and why it's going off. You can then use the HKC App to reset your alarm if you need to. I'm not sure if you can use the app without having the SMS subscription? That's between you and your installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

+1 for Byrne alarms, Kevin took me out of trouble with a faulty alarm at very short notice a while back (not one he'd installed, it was a DIY job by a previous owner). As it couldn't be repaired, I got a new one installed - I didn't have to use Kevin, but decided to, as he'd given me great customer service.

I have the HKC alarm panel, with the app and SIM functionality. App costs 8 euro from your app store and SIM costs 67 euro annually. Remote monitoring by a company is also available at additional cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

+1 on Prout Security systems.

Advertisement