Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half acre site with 2 bed bungalow Balbriggan

Options
  • 07-11-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Trying to get an idea what value this would have, house hasn't been lived in for twenty years and would require some refurbishment.
    Fully serviced - mains water and electricity.
    In green belt area on outskirts of town (nice quiet country lane) - private location overlooking a greenbelt area in old part of the town.

What value would you estimate:
    As is: €
    With planning permission €

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Location location location.

Balbriggan can mean anything to the value.

Also planning permission wouldn't be a massive hurdle that you would assume as it has an existing building. Not like a Greenfield site. So there's that. Much easier, as with Anything common sense application would apply. So in terms of value very little difference in the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I'll start the bidding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

Before some other smartarse inevitably does :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Any ballpark figures would be appreciated, cheers.
    Hard to find houses specifically with land on property price register.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

Hey, would you like to message me? I'm a property consultant so could have a quick look at the ad/location and see if I can spot any quick ways to increase the value for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

thomasjad wrote: »
    Hey, would you like to message me? I'm a property consultant so could have a quick look at the ad/location and see if I can spot any quick ways to increase the value for you.

Hi Thomasjad, it’s not for sale at the moment. (No ads to look at). Just concerned that an elderly relative is not having their interest protected, talk of 90k at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

minikin wrote: »
    Hi Thomasjad, it’s not for sale at the moment. (No ads to look at). Just concerned that an elderly relative is not having their interest protected, talk of 90k at the moment.

I'm not sure if this is any help to you, but I know people who've bought in Balbriggan lately and were looking at houses that needed a fair bit of a refurb. They were looking at €185,000 and up for 3 bed terraced houses with smaller gardens. Hard to say without knowing the location or the condition of the house, but if the house is basically habitable, on a site that size it should be going for more than €90k.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Any local estate agent should be able to give you a much better valuation than you're going to get on here.

If there's family disputes about it, get valuations from 3 estate agents and take the average as the value of the property.

Advertisement