Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A rift on pubs with a fire.

Options
  • 07-11-2019 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭

Lots of pubs in the city center and around have a fire, but what would anyone recommend as the best pub with a fire for coseying down with a book and a pint and whiling away a wet November afternoon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Library Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Goodshape wrote: »
    Library Bar.

It had better rain next Tuesday! we are staying in a hotel in Temple bar and going for dinner, but husband has to work till 6 so I am going to do a long walk up the Grand canal loopback on my self and then find a cosy pub with a fire where I can while away the afternoon with a book before he comes to meet me I will get lunch somewhere along the way

It can be cold and damp for the walk but has to be lashing rain when I am in the pub by the fire:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

This article is a couple years old but most still have fires, and there are quite a few others!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

ciaranmul wrote: »
    This article is a couple years old but most still have fires, and there are quite a few others!

That’s gas. I was only reading that on Saturday morning. Couple of those are closed down now and there’s one particular pub on it that I must have been in over a hundred times and have never seen the fire lit. Handy list all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

Collie D wrote: »
    That’s gas. I was only reading that on Saturday morning. Couple of those are closed down now and there’s one particular pub on it that I must have been in over a hundred times and have never seen the fire lit. Handy list all the same.

Yeah, definitely! Also, Arthurs on Thomas St is great for a fire!

• Advertisement
Advertisement