Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seai Grant

• 07-11-2019 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My mothers house had her walls insulated in 2011 as she got a grant for the warmer home scheme with seai. The guys who were here then, pumped the front wall and insulted the attic. They didn't pump the side wall and the wall at the rear of the house because they said they couldn't pump it as there was no cavity in these walls.

Last week we had a builder in the home as we were looking to fix up a few things. The builder we had in was stumped as to why the side and rear wall were not pumped when the seai guys were here in 2011. He assured us that the walls in question had cavities and should have been pumped. The builder told me to call seai and get a report from them about what was done on the house along with the surveyors report from 2011.

Today I just got off the phone with seai on my mother's behalf. I told them what the guys in 2011 had said and done and what the builder recently said. The person on the phone didn't want to say much and couldn't find a record of which contractors/builders/company came and did the insulation works on the house or the report. All he could me is to wait until 2020 and see if my mother can apply for a grant again and that nothing could be done because it was already applied for and approved in 2011.

Is this right? I'm asking because obviously the surveyor/builder in 2011 got it wrong and I think it's strange that they dont have the report or who carried out the works. Is there anything that can be done?

Advertisement