Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company refusing to pay holiday time after dismissal.

Options
  • 07-11-2019 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

As above, I was working for a company part-time so holiday time was accrued based on hours worked. Having been let go during my probation period, the company is refusing to pay me for the time I've accumulated in the time I was there. Is this legal or do I have a leg to stand on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

If you are leaving a job you are entitled to receive payment for any outstanding annual leave and public holidays due to you.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/annual_leave_public_holidays.html

you can calculate your leave using the guide on that site.

This is also on that page:
    If you are not getting your holiday entitlement you may make a complaint under the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997 within 6 months of the dispute or complaint occurring. You must use the online complaint form available on workplacerelations.ie. The time limit may be extended for up to a further 6 months, but only where there is a reasonable cause which prevented the complaint being brought within the normal time limit.

Advertisement