Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiled water notice

Options
  • 07-11-2019 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Is their many medium size companies not providing drinking water to staff members during this notice?

Comments

Is this a serious question? Could you not just boil your water at home and bring it in a reusable bottle or buy some yourself in a shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Is this a serious question? Could you not just boil your water at home and bring it in a reusable bottle or buy some yourself in a shop?

Thanks for your reply but you didn’t answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I would have thought most if not all companies have water cooler machines??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I would have thought most if not all companies have water cooler machines??

Most of which will be plumbed in, and so cannot be used.

Companies in places on a Biol Watrr Notice should be providing bottled drinking water, or adequate boiling facilities. Scummy ones won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

[PHP][/PHP]
    Most of which will be plumbed in, and so cannot be used.

Companies in places on a Biol Watrr Notice should be providing bottled drinking water, or adequate boiling facilities. Scummy ones won't be.

Fair enough - i've only ever worked in places that use Glenpatrick or the likes so it's the big tumbler bottles....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Drakus

What bothers me about all this is the fact that for 30 years I've had no issues with my water from the tap. Irish Water are operational for a few years and we have this situation, it seems like IW has been a disaster, all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Drakus wrote: »
    What bothers me about all this is the fact that for 30 years I've had no issues with my water from the tap. Irish Water are operational for a few years and we have this situation, it seems like IW has been a disaster, all round.

You've been lucky.

Galway had its super-calli-fract-tu-listic-crypto-sporid-iousis episode just before I got here, which was well before Irish Water was invented. They've also had a lot of lead-pipe moments. Lots of other places regularly have boil water notices.

IW are cleaning up the mess left by parish-pump politics applied by councils all over the country. It was established because the govt knew this was coming, as the infrastructure became increasingly inadequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Is their many medium size companies not providing drinking water to staff members during this notice?

Companies must provide drinking water to employees. Sure, short term they may be caught on the hop but it's not acceptable if it goes over a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,544 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Drakus wrote: »

I think there's a chance that in the past these incidents triggered by heavy rain would have flown under the radar...

My company isn't in the boil water zone but if we were I can't see them bringing in bottled water.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement