Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Router dead, need to replace

• 08-11-2019 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, so my HG659 router is dead. Won't even power up anymore. I need a new router asap so can anyone tell me is it possible to buy one from an independent vendor and use it for my Vodafone BB? Or do I need to get a replacement one from Vodafone? Was hoping to have this sorted today, up the walls with work etc.:mad:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Ring Vodafone and see or go on live chat, doubt there be any charge

As far as I know if you go and buy a router you will need to connect it to a Vodafone router anyway, I may be wrong, I know on Virgin Media you do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

You can buy your own easily (most come with saved default settings / credentials too) esp since the VF box is terible but what's your budget? Routers vary from €40 to €400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks folks, yeah I rang Vodafone tech support. They confirmed the router is faulty (told them that because it wouldn't turn on:rolleyes:). They are sending out a new router but they also said there is a fault in the line so they are sending out an engineer also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Make sure you drop the faulty one into a Vodafone shop for return, I got a call a year later looking for the faulty one back and sending a courier. Thankfully I hoard old electronics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

TheDriver wrote: »
    Make sure you drop the faulty one into a Vodafone shop for return, I got a call a year later looking for the faulty one back and sending a courier. Thankfully I hoard old electronics.

good point, I'll put it in the car now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement