Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying from UK - ideas with regards to payments?

• 08-11-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi All

I bought a old car from uk around 14 years ago and bought cash with me - no hassle, no delay

If you were buying a car from UK these days, say approx 10,000 Stearling
    Would you still bring cash?
    Maybe half cash, half debit card
    if doing a bank transfer is there any issues you can see

The reason I am asking is that if you did a back transfer, you would need to wait a day or so for money to be transfered also be very careful with bank details so make sure you are paying the correct person :)

I would like to see a few cars and once I made my choice, buy it there that day

Thinking about using cash and N26

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Have read that you can use a Revolut card to transfer larger amounts of cash now, not sure how it works though. Instant transaction as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭User1998

I recently done £12,000 with Revolut, regular chip and pin payment. Easiest and cheapest way to do it really

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Perfect. Have a Revoult card also - -never knew it would allow so much - -makes things so handy..Thanks all for your tip

Advertisement