Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaybo has left the building. Liveline 08/11/2019 to date.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Top right: Ryan Tubridy talking to a cop.

Bottom right:
    Joe Duffy. 2nd left, winner of Gerry Adams Lookalike competition.
    Far right, runner up , Paul Brady.

494831.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

He changed his tune :):)

Is that THE AINE LAWLOR of the rte parish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Is that THE AINE LAWLOR of the rte parish ?

Was wondering this.. Seems her family sent her off to the continent out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

I'd say callans just given Joe an idea for a new tv show with that last skit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Twitter is the way to go when it gets to ya.
    I’ve thrown buckets at him there :)

He’s usually very quick to block anyone who dares to suggest the Emperor has no clothes, how did you manage to avoid this?

The parody account was amusing while it was going. I’ve heard that it was difficult to maintain though as it was rather time consuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Originally posted by sligojoek
    Looking at the funeral mass. Did anyone see the size of the "host" the priest held up? I'd say there's a bit for everyone in the audience.

"Here is your host, Gay Byrne" so to speak. :D

CPL 593H

He’s usually very quick to block anyone who dares to suggest the Emperor has no clothes, how did you manage to avoid this?

The parody account was amusing while it was going. I’ve heard that it was difficult to maintain though as it was rather time consuming.

The emperor follows some of us boardsies here :
    ;)

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    Originally posted by sligojoek
    Looking at the funeral mass. Did anyone see the size of the "host" the priest held up? I'd say there's a bit for everyone in the audience.

"Here is your host, Gay Byrne" so to speak. :D

Brilliant.

This is the podcast of Callan’s Kicks which is compulsory listening for us here boardsies:

https://podbay.fm/podcast/632123130

The emperor follows some of us boardsies here :
    ;)

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

This is the podcast of Callan’s Kicks which is compulsory listening for us here boardsies:

Enjoyed that. Thanks Cat...:)

Enjoyed that. Thanks Cat...:)

Loved de buke suggestion for Duffster:

“Children of the Toy Show”

Ironically that would actually make for fairly interesting reading for the ordinary punter, akin to “what happened next”.

Is there a particular segment that's good or is it the whole show?

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is there a particular segment that's good or is it the whole show?

TBH I enjoyed the whole thing. It's a long time since I did.

TBH I enjoyed the whole thing. It's a long time since I did.

Sound. Going driving tomorrow. I'll give it a shot.

Sound. Going driving tomorrow. I'll give it a shot.

Oliver makes the point of Duffy placing himself as a VIF of Gaybo :)

‘Twas very good, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Is that typo? VIF? VFI, so to speak. Had good times with certain people of the VFI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Thanks for that. :)

Loved de buke suggestion for Duffster:

“Children of the Toy Show”

Ironically that would actually make for fairly interesting reading for the ordinary punter, akin to “what happened next”.

But we already have a “wat happened next” show......dat doesn’t actually tell us wat happened next but simply retells de story of wat happened on de show whilst attempting to make de occasional host look like a hero. Do we need another, other than to promote a new buke?

Mr. Callan should be thanking us for writing half of his Mr. Duffy material for him. I’m not asking for a monetary reward, a simple mention of “de internet trolls” Or “boards dot EYE ee” Would suffice. ;)

With The Sunday Times now suing John Delaney will Mr. Duffy once ask “hasn’t he suffered enough?” when one of our betters has a fall from grace so to speak? It’s great how Mr. Duffy uses his own wurkin class roots as de prism through which to judge our betters. :rolleyes: This is whoy he is a true man o de peeple.

Bertie Ahern, Liam Lawlor, Pat Hickey, and Ivan Calorie are amongst those other true patriots who have been wronged and suffered so to speak.

494910.jpg

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Is that typo? VIF? VFI, so to speak. Had good times with certain people of the VFI.

Very Important Friend, almost Mourner in Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Callans thing is good, most of the voice work is spot on and he does bite the hand that feeds... but it seems to miss something. Maybe he needs to attack de peeple themselves. We are ultimately responsible for all the showers we complain about:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Zird

Gayb0 retired from the daily radio show very young by today's standards at 64. Joe Duffy is 64 next year.

Zird wrote: »
    Gay retired from the daily radio show very young by today's standards at 64. Joe Duffy is 64 next year.

Gay worked far, far harder than Duffy. He put a huge amount of extra work into his broadcasting, perfecting his delivery. Different league to Duffy.

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    Callans thing is good, most of the voice work is spot on and he does bite the hand that feeds... but it seems to miss something. Maybe he needs to attack de peeple themselves. We are ultimately responsible for all the showers we complain about:pac:

You mean a bit of Duffy trolling callers he doesn’t like, so to speak?

You mean a bit of Duffy trolling callers he doesn’t like, so to speak?

Losing the rag completely would be good.

Nice little dig-een at all of the “stars” being represented by Noel Kelly too.

If they do strike, Comrade Joe will be out in soladaradee with his brothers and sisters. An assistant will be holding his plaque(ard).

No doubt Oliver Callan will sadly be dropped with the cutbacks, so he will want to throw some major dynamite in the direction of RTE. Likewise the organisation will not be inviting Joe Brolly on any time too soon, with his cutting criticism of it and D4bes.

Of course the major rival station may broadcast Callan’s satire with gay abandon, now that would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Speaking of satire I'm watching stop search seize on pick. About Irish excise&customs. I can't believe that Dermot guy in Shannon is real. I could swear it's satire missed it 1st time round on rte

Speaking of satire I'm watching stop search seize on pick. About Irish excise&customs. I can't believe that Dermot guy in Shannon is real. I could swear it's satire missed it 1st time round on rte

Missed that. Sounds like a typical Lahvlahn caller.

When I was de Yew Ess Ay last week there was an ad on wan channel for "Dublin Murders" so to speak. Surprised they were showing it already in 'Merica.

• Advertisement

Did you see your man Bruce in Dublin airport? I'm Surprised nobody's ever rang Joe about him.
    "He's a disgrace Joe. He's worse than Hitler.
    Bad line caller. Back after these.

Missed that. Sounds like a typical Lahvlahn caller.

Have you satellite channels? It's on "Pick" at 7.pm Sundays.

Did you see your man Bruce in Dublin airport? I'm Surprised nobody's ever rang Joe about him.
    "He's a disgrace Joe. He's worse than Hitler.
    Bad line caller. Back after these.

Is he a plumpish bald guy with a string Doobalin accent? This guy was shouting sarcastically at tourists putting their stuff on the neighbouring conveyor belt, the way he did it was unacceptable and I tweeted to Dublin Airport about it. Everyone was in shock at his carry on. Fortunately I wasn’t in that queue cos’ if he started that “are you dense or what?” Attitude with me I would have ripped him apart with my tongue, and probably get myself arrested in the process.

Back to versatis tomorrow Joe? A raven sneezed at a funeral? Someone found or lost something? "Raising awareness" about a 'scam'? Aha Boris stepped forward too early on Remberance Sunday!

Is he a plumpish bald guy with a string Doobalin accent? This guy was shouting sarcastically at tourists putting their stuff on the neighbouring conveyor belt, the way he did it was unacceptable and I tweeted to Dublin Airport about it. Everyone was in shock at his carry on. Fortunately I wasn’t in that queue cos’ if he started that “are you dense or what?” Attitude with me I would have ripped him apart with my tongue, and probably get myself arrested in the process.

Unless he's put on a bit of weight and lost his hair I don't think so. The rest of your description seems bang on. The series is a good few years old now so you could still be right.

Google Bruce Heller.

I'm on the phone and can't do pics.

• Advertisement

29186373_1720900957996019_6031833105303439283_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQkbIP7a_6t7ztDQ9tBJ2wnjYPfdHpJknUOZf8IUYM3XneOS0ZmOrl8es8cNzhnQrsM&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e9dc1b7742796fcb5168ef6500ec938d&oe=5E639C3E

16730293_1296677993751653_2410338245062677309_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQk9e47JiTlzdNMTFeVs5Idyx7JVOXBDn8jf9sFNy_RYXIjVrm8HjafMu-qIUqQbzsY&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c452628fcd192a5ee33657dae4ad07da&oe=5E4ED48C

13312675_1036295549789900_3139202992014269345_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQm1vfOYpGUD7lNJPfso0y5TlrzcGrBenF6_I48zpYo04ZKkjU8t2VZLMd0I7kOVKzs&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5f67fcda4f5c9581dfbd6f97d1ac0e1f&oe=5E4A4421

14242518_1120253144727473_8166364188310570926_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkBROC-xhmX6G4ErD-vGd3DUxqVtHwp5zcTKRrMvei_iYEBWVEGDYbLTgelT39TkOI&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=bccb4252a4c3d514b51a0aae3c8d39f7&oe=5E40C16D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

.....I had to laugh when he said Kathleen specifically asked that it be broken on Liveline..

Why would you laugh at the wishes of the wife of a man that just died?

Gaybo and Duffy worked together for years, you have no idea of the relationship they or their families have.

The end of the previous thread didn’t come quick enough.

There must be some disappointed people that Duffy wasn’t mourner in chief, even if he was it would have been agreed with family.

A new low.

I’m out.

More Music wrote: »
    Why would you laugh at the wishes of the wife of a man that just died?

Gaybo and Duffy worked together for years, you have no idea of the relationship they or their families have.

The end of the previous thread didn’t come quick enough.

There must be some disappointed people that Duffy wasn’t mourner in chief, even if he was it would have been agreed with family.

A new low.

I’m out.

I was wondering when you'd parachute yourself into the conversation. :rolleyes:

Re. your comment in bold above, whilst the poster may or may not know of the relationship between the two men, are you saying you do have knowledge of this? To admit as much would indicate you also have some sort of relationship to one or both parties, but I suppose you'll do your usual and not answer any direct questions of course?

The news of these cuts in RTE must be hitting hard with family members now having to be employed in (shudder) outside agencies, and not on the gravy train itself. It's a disgrace.

29186373_1720900957996019_6031833105303439283_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQkbIP7a_6t7ztDQ9tBJ2wnjYPfdHpJknUOZf8IUYM3XneOS0ZmOrl8es8cNzhnQrsM&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e9dc1b7742796fcb5168ef6500ec938d&oe=5E639C3E

16730293_1296677993751653_2410338245062677309_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQk9e47JiTlzdNMTFeVs5Idyx7JVOXBDn8jf9sFNy_RYXIjVrm8HjafMu-qIUqQbzsY&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=c452628fcd192a5ee33657dae4ad07da&oe=5E4ED48C

13312675_1036295549789900_3139202992014269345_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQm1vfOYpGUD7lNJPfso0y5TlrzcGrBenF6_I48zpYo04ZKkjU8t2VZLMd0I7kOVKzs&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5f67fcda4f5c9581dfbd6f97d1ac0e1f&oe=5E4A4421

14242518_1120253144727473_8166364188310570926_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQkBROC-xhmX6G4ErD-vGd3DUxqVtHwp5zcTKRrMvei_iYEBWVEGDYbLTgelT39TkOI&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=bccb4252a4c3d514b51a0aae3c8d39f7&oe=5E40C16D

With an attitude like that, I can only imagine a previous career as a taxi driver.

Heading to bed - which reminded me - as I was waiting for my luggage which didn't arrive from the Yew Ess Ay last Thursday morning a young lady came to collect her bag wearing pyjamas, a dressing gown, and slippers. Now I don't know if she was wore these items onto the plane or changed when she was on board, but it was quite a sight. She has a very strong wurking class accent so to speak, but I didn't hear anyone complain about it.

Her friend was actually very attractive - not that I was looking of course,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement