Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaybo has left the building. Liveline 08/11/2019 to date.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Where is Joe? Is he still grieving the loss of his beloved Gay or the cut to his wages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Bullying is a scourge

Floppybits wrote: »
    Where is Joe? Is he still grieving the loss of his beloved Gay or the cut to his wages?

He's gone to find 15% cheaper Prosecco and caviar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭shearforce

this is good stuff alright

Jaysus

Oops69 wrote: »
    Travelers have a very high suicide rate , Damo won’t even go near exploring why in general .... some fault with the practices in that ‘culture ‘ but no way Damo will explore that .

It definitely needs to be explored, or else just let it continue and everybody wring their hands. There should be a special show for Travellers, exploring their own theories and solutions along with psychologists and sociologists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Another day off for Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

More awful public service broadcasting, switch off stuff.

Distressing hard to listen to radio. That woman has been through the ringer over this. Bullying is awful. Please please please be alert to signs of bully’s and bullying victims.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Another day off for Joe.

Dying of a hangover from gays wake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,653 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It definitely needs to be explored, or else just let it continue and everybody wring their hands. There should be a special show for Travellers, exploring their own theories and solutions along with psychologists and sociologists.

You can't be singling the travellers out like that :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

ooh controversial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

At best, this is exploitative radio to get over a valid point of public interest in a crass way.

At worst, this is a deliberate choice to exploit grief to avoid discussion of the RTE financial crisis, to which the absentee presenter greatly contributes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Age is a great leveller. I wouldn't give a sh!t what anyone called me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

withless wrote: »
    ooh controversial!

Yeah!....especially the "big hairy (travelling) women":eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

If joe getting a 15% pay cut. He’s working 15% less.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This poor lady, heartbreaking, she needs help. Though don’t think anything could help you over this. God love her. Can’t actually listen anymore.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    If joe getting a 15% pay cut. He’s working 15% less.

I'd imagine he's not far off 15% already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Joe is going to be gutted he missed this. He would be all over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

in fairness ....she's telling a devastating horrible story...her grief is nearly not recoverable

Wonder does joe listen in on his days off.

• Advertisement

in fairness to Damo, he's doing well with this. Tough story

Thanks be to Jesus thats over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

joe6pack wrote: »
    in fairness ....she's telling a devastating horrible story...her grief is nearly not recoverable

Hardly a typical case of bullying though..........I think there's a lot more to it than we're hearing!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    You can't be singling the travellers out like that :eek: :eek:

Gaybo had a show celebrating and exploring life for Travelers, their aspirations etc., somebody needs to host such a show. I’d be scared of putting it in the hands of the three top presenters. Maybe it could be co-hosted, with Brendan O’Connor asking the harder questions, John Creedon introducing music and culture, and maybe Ryan being the overall host who just opens and closes the show, with a bit of nodding now and then.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Wonder does joe listen in on his days off.

He’s following the thread instead :D

Gaybo had a show celebrating and exploring life for Travelers, their aspirations etc., somebody needs to host such a show. I’d be scared of putting it in the hands of the three top presenters. Maybe it could be co-hosted, with Brendan O’Connor asking the harder questions, John Creedon introducing music and culture, and maybe Ryan being the overall host who just opens and closes the show, with a bit of nodding now and then.

Peter Casey is available.

Thanks be to Jesus thats over.

Spoke too soon.

He’s following the thread instead :D

Hi Joe.
    Ya overpaid bollocks.

"Liveline is soooooooooooooooo important, dealing with these important issues"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭joe6pack

okay but still it sounds like .....adults and others launched a campaign against a 15 year old kid and pushed it until that kid decided the only escape from that was to hang herself...thats just not right

Banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

I was bullied in school for years because I wore specs . It can have an awful effect on people .

hahaha dats right!

MOD NOTE - please be careful with posts when we are hearing about people bereaved by suicide.

I was bullied in school for years because I wore specs . It can have an awful effect on people .

Thankfully not too much of it happened in my school, the nuns and teachers being particularly careful to nip it in the bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Bullying as a child is a truly horrible and painful thing, but Damo comparing it to Tweets to politicians and radio presenters diminishes it.

"Your school days are the happiest days of your life"

My arse!

I got picked on from day one and it didnt stop until I was about 15 and was hanging around with much older kids who watched my back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Thankfully not too much of it happened in my school, the nuns and teachers being particularly careful to nip it in the bud.

Some of the teachers in my school were the worst offenders for bullying. Nuns weren't as bad though. Some were truly lovely people and the others hated all of us in equal measure!

45 minutes in and we have had 2 callers.

:rolleyes:

The biggest bullies in my all boys school were the teachers .

• Advertisement

mojesius wrote: »
    Some of the teachers in my school were the worst offenders for bullying. Nuns weren't as bad though. Some were truly lovely people and the others hated all of us in equal measure!

The Vice Principal in my school was Valerie Cox’s husband, Brian, who appeared on Late Late Show years back and spoke about how physical punishment was barred in the school (early 70s), and a more modern form of discipline was in place where everybody was respected. For the most part this worked very well. We thought Brian was ancient when he was a young guy! Gaybo’s niece, Hilary, was a pupil in a class or two older than me.

Bullying as a child is a truly horrible and painful thing, but Damo comparing it to Tweets to politicians and radio presenters diminishes it.

Politicians and RTE glitterati deserve all they get ! All been pulling the wool over our eyes !

Best of luck getting an appointment with CAMS !!

I used to put on an English accent because I heard it on de radio, telly an dat.

I used to put on an English accent because I heard it on de radio, telly an dat.

You wot ?? Wassat in yer marf !! (Eastenders)

I took up karate when I was 11 , did wonders for my confidence , and the discipline is good for kids . Bullies soon copped that I wasn't taking their bull**** anymore .

You wot ?? Wassat in yer marf !! (Eastenders)

And it WAS a cockney accent! I was influenced after watching Oliver, and had cousins who were mainly brought up in London and used local expressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

Slow down to a degree you bully

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

“Talk to Joe when he’s occasionally here on..”

Damo: We're getting lots of calls about this..

3 Callers, an hour into the program.

I reckon no-one is calling in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement