Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're back. First if the election posters have appeared.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

What a miserable choice. However, the winner will be better than what is being replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What a miserable choice. However, the winner will be better than what is being replaced

Wallace has disappeared into MEP black hole,never to be heard of again...till the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So is this Byrne v Mythen or do the Greens have a hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

kneemos wrote: »
    Wallace has disappeared into MEP black hole,never to be heard of again...till the next election.
    Next election will be inside of 6 months. I'd say he's gone completely. Taxes to be paid you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

is_that_so wrote: »
    So is this Byrne v Mythen or do the Greens have a hope?

Karin Dubsky is well known in Dublin but I can't see the Greens having a prayer as country people don't seem get the whole climate change/environment thing. It will be between Mythen and Byrne i.e. more of the same old ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Karin Dubsky is well known in Dublin but I can't see the Greens having a prayer as country people don't seem get the whole climate change/environment thing. It will be between Mythen and Byrne i.e. more of the same old ****e.

Country people do get the whole Climate change/environment ****e,that’s why we don’t want the Greens ,a despicable bunch,weren’t they part of a government that brought in the IMF And forced so much debt on us citizens that it will take generations to pay back? You right Wexford keep electing wasters leaving us as an economic black hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

gmurphy70 wrote: »
    Country people do get the whole Climate change/environment ****e,that’s why we don’t want the Greens ,a despicable bunch,weren’t they part of a government that brought in the IMF And forced so much debt on us citizens that it will take generations to pay back? You right Wexford keep electing wasters leaving us as an economic black hole...
    + "country people" have been recycling long long before it before it became fashionable. We understand Too well that's the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

People Before Profit are also running a candidate Cinnamon Blackmore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The first canvassers knocked on my door half an hour ago, Byrne's boys. Leaflet's in the recycling bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I can see I'll only have one preference this time too, what a miserable choice we have. Who are this "Irish Freedom" crowd, another fcuking dissident rabble I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I can see I'll only have one preference this time too, what a miserable choice we have. Who are this "Irish Freedom" crowd, another fcuking dissident rabble I presume?

Just a bunch of nutters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Freedom_Party

You shouldn't have to resort to picking the lesser gob****e on the ballot paper. Politics in Ireland is broken

Don’t know who they are but we do need something different/new,especially in Wexford,an economic black hole and the establishment parties and candidates here need to get a kick up the arse,be it a protest vote. Various parts of the Country is beginning to turn into an anti social ****hole. Cork last night was shocking,mob of 100 of new Irish organizing on social media to Rob JD Sports?especially this week in Cork after a bus driver got threatened with rape for asking for the fare.This will be coming to Wexford as well and we need people to stand up for the Citizens as Mainstream media and politicians don’t want to know.RTE never reported this incident,Times are a changing and we need politicians with a back bone.Establishment parties don’t want to rock this boat.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    People Before Profit are also running a candidate Cinnamon Blackmore
    and this party is certainly not needed in Wexford

Don’t know who they are but we do need something different/new,especially in Wexford,an economic black hole and the establishment parties and candidates here need to get a kick up the arse,be it a protest vote. Various parts of the Country is beginning to turn into an anti social ****hole. Cork last night was shocking,mob of 100 of new Irish organizing on social media to Rob JD Sports?especially this week in Cork after a bus driver got threatened with rape for asking for the fare.This will be coming to Wexford as well and we need people to stand up for the Citizens as Mainstream media and politicians don’t want to know.RTE never reported this incident,Times are a changing and we need politicians with a back bone.Establishment parties don’t want to rock this boat.

If you're talking about the type of rabble Gemma O'Doherty is trying to stir up, I'd rather have the crims take over than have that lot with any sort of say in Government

If you're talking about the type of rabble Gemma O'Doherty is trying to stir up, I'd rather have the crims take over than have that lot with any sort of say in Government

What do you mean take over? The crims are already there.

What do you mean take over? The crims are already there.

They haven't taken over. Yes, there is significant organised criminality going on, but we are still fundamentally lawful

They haven't taken over. Yes, there is significant organised criminality going on, but we are still fundamentally lawful

The crims are in the Government is my point. They make the laws, but only for us.

and this party is certainly not needed in Wexford

They didn't get much votes either in the local elections the three PBP candidates got around 1000 first preference votes in County Wexford with Cinnamon Blackmore getting less than 500 and they were all one by the 3rd count. Hardly a great template to launch a General Election on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Corvo

The absolute state of that Irish Freedom Party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Corvo wrote: »
    The absolute state of that Irish Freedom Party.

I seen their election launch on twitter, pictures of the speakers but none of the crowd! Anyone any idea which hotel held this launch? Its just says it was in Wexford.

Big Vern wrote: »
    I seen their election launch on twitter, pictures of the speakers but none of the crowd! Anyone any idea which hotel held this launch? Its just says it was in Wexford.

Had a quick look it's Kilmore don't know name of hotel though

Had a look on their FB page, was in Coast Hotel in Kilmore. I'm pretty sure they would be completely unaware of the type of party IFP are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Corvo

On the Irish Freedom Party

"Some outlets have linked party leader Hermann Kelly with alt-right ideologies, pointing to a video which Kelly recorded with far-right British Loyalist and former British National Party member Jim Dowson.[3] In the video Kelly endorsed the white nationalist "grand replacement" conspiracy theory.[3][24] This followed a similar interview, in January 2019 with LifeSiteNews, in which Kelly denounced what he called the "great replacement of our children"

Jesus wept.

Strongly thinking of emailing the Hotel to let them know the type of people these are.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Strongly thinking of emailing the Hotel to let them know the type of people these are.

It’s owned by Michael Heffernan of Dunnes Stores fame

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

to be honest, I wouldnt bother. I didnt even hear of this crowd nor any launch at a hotel. If something like this was cancelled, it would be all over the media and would increase their profile. As it is, they seem to be still under their rock and majority of people are none the wiser of them. Best leave them there and not give them any exposure.

edit: I see the launch already happened. Just highlights how little exposure they did get so.

bruschi wrote: »
    to be honest, I wouldnt bother. I didnt even hear of this crowd nor any launch at a hotel. If something like this was cancelled, it would be all over the media and would increase their profile. As it is, they seem to be still under their rock and majority of people are none the wiser of them. Best leave them there and not give them any exposure.

edit: I see the launch already happened. Just highlights how little exposure they did get so.

Never heard anything about it before or after! As you say, they are prob looking for events to be cancelled to get publicity...their right to free speech is being impinged on!

Hotels around Wexford don't really care of the politics of an event as long as they are paying customers but recently the Ferrycarrig Hotel cancelled an event by a anti vaccine groups due to public pretest prior to it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I think we can safely exclude Verona from winning this one.

Advertisement