Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're back. First if the election posters have appeared.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    The counters just found your voting card and inwardly they're raging ðŸ˜

Ah they could do with the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

RadioRetro wrote: »

Children's Hospital scam, Broadband scam, 2008 crash caused by FF incompetence, massive public debt overseen by FG/Labour incompetence,
    scandals too numerous to mention over the years and this is the best result Wexford can deliver. Jesus wept.
    While I do believe that Byrne was probably the best of a bad bunch,we really have to start looking in other directions, away from Civil War politics, if we ever want to see government representative of the people rather than government representative of vested interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Agree with the above sentiment. However, the only alternatives we were offered were those of the tinfoil hat wearing variety

Agree with the above sentiment. However, the only alternatives we were offered were those of the tinfoil hat wearing variety

True perhaps, but at some stage we're going to have to bite the bullet and accept that the divil you know is still a divil in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

As I said to someone tonight, I'll be pushing up daisies by the time the sea level rises significantly and icebergs are coming down main street, but younger people will suffer the consequences of voting for the same mainstream parties. The Greens may have 'some' whacky ideas but their general aims are the only way forward.

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    As I said to someone tonight, I'll be pushing up daisies by the time the sea level rises significantly and icebergs are coming down main street, but younger people will suffer the consequences of voting for the same mainstream parties. The Greens may have 'some' whacky ideas but their general aims are the only way forward.

The Green Party are hypocrites. They were very vocal in their support of the Shell to Sea campaign before they were elected to Government, even calling it "environmental vandalism" as far as I remember but the Minister in charge while the scheme was being completed was one Eamon Ryan. This wasn't the only U turn they made on their various "principled stands" after being elevated to Ministerial office. They are no better than the rogues in FG/FF/ Lab, selling their souls for thirty pieces of silver. If you think that returning them to Government will make a drastic difference to climate change, then, based on their previous performance, you may be disillusioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Children's Hospital scam, Broadband scam, 2008 crash caused by FF incompetence, massive public debt overseen by FG/Labour incompetence,
    scandals too numerous to mention over the years and this is the best result Wexford can deliver. Jesus wept.
    While I do believe that Byrne was probably the best of a bad bunch,we really have to start looking in other directions, away from Civil War politics, if we ever want to see government representative of the people rather than government representative of vested interests.
    Byrne was the best of a very bad lot.we had no alternative, Greens,SF,PBP,Labour are completely useless and push non stop nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Wouldn’t touch the Greens with a barge pole, They totally off their rocker.The week the IMF came into Dublin they were debating Stag hunting in the Dail,I kid you not. They held onto power and had no interest in taking down the most corrupt Government in history.This makes them every bit as bad as FF and were Power hungry,they now like SF/PBP jump on every bandwagon going. Just goes to show we have no alternative in the country when you have the Greens picking up Dail seats again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Still posters up. Should be down within seven days.

Maybe they could bring their cable ties with them,not leave the dangling or strewn around the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kneemos wrote: »
    Still posters up. Should be down within seven days.

Maybe they could bring their cable ties with them,not leave the dangling or strewn around the ground.

Tell the council, pure laziness by the candidates

Advertisement