Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organised Raid by up to 100 Youths in Cork City Centr

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

At least it wasn't a respectable store like Best Menswear.

Just trying to stay positive.

The gardai should infiltrate the gang and setup a decoy sting.
    Have them all do a raid at Eason.

All running out with school books and stationary supplies...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Let's be clear as well,

There's a fair share of white Irish youth who are in these gangs of Africans trying to fit in and be like the gangsters in London, putting on London accents and using slang like "bruv"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Now I understand this stuff may happen in a suburban shopping centre also but a reason why I know of people using them is because they feel safer than being in cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jenna_haze

If politicians had any guts they could kill this trend before it take hold in Ireland, very simple to do.
    Leo goes on the TV and states that "Any new Irish caught involved in this type of activity, they along with their entire family will be stripped of Irish citizenship and deported to what every country they came from, end of story".
    That it, simple and will be 100% effective, naturally it wont happen because of the gutless cowards in power, and for all you who say that cant happen it s illegal, nonsense! A emeregency session in the Dail and a stroke of a pen and its done

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Now I understand this stuff may happen in a suburban shopping centre also but a reason why I know of people using them is because they feel safer than being in cities.

I don't know about that.. For me it's more having everything under one roof/complex, ample (generally free) parking, and a lot easier to get in and out off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

whiskeyman wrote: »
    The gardai should infiltrate the gang and setup a decoy sting.
    Have them all do a raid at Eason.

All running out with school books and stationary supplies...

I would suggest placing a nice JD Sports sign in front of a giant gas chamber but that would be naughty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

So we have 2nd generation [irish] Nigerian , Ghanaian etc etc runts pretending to be 3rd/4th generation jamaican/ west Indian African [English] vermin.......

Sowing the seeds of love.....you know I always find it unusual, africans aping English as apparent new irish. It’s a serious identity crisis and yet they are irish; or at least in so for as being born and bred here. Which is clearly being reduced to meaning very little nowadays but at least the parents as simply african were just that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

I would suggest placing a nice JD Sports sign in front of a giant gas chamber but that would be naughty.

Oh piece of candy...oh piece of candy.....oh piece of candy........

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I don't know about that.. For me it's more having everything under one roof/complex, ample (generally free) parking, and a lot easier to get in and out off.

Yes those are other valid reasons.
    I've heard of people saying they avoid shopping in the city because they don't feel that safe.

Wow did that comment just disappear or is my imagination playing tricks on me

• Advertisement

The council for civil liberties is just paveen pointless for immigrants/forgien nationals and those whose default position is to cry racism was soon as any questionable behaviours are brought up

Wow did that comment just disappear or is my imagination playing tricks on me

I can see your reply from seven minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The council for civil liberties is just paveen pointless for immigrants/forgien nationals and those whose default position is to cry racism was soon as any questionable behaviours are brought up
    Or like, I dunno, stop being racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

The problem pure and simple is that theres no incentive for them NOT to do stuff like this.

If they are caught all they will get is a slap on the wrist and dont do it again !

I dont care if they are black,white,yellow Irish or not, the bottom line is that scummy behaviour isnt being punished properly and time and time again they get away with it with a suspended sentence.

The ordinary Joe soap is being screwed over every time by these people, we need more guards, proper sentencing and proper jails. Joe soap should be able to about their everyday life without fear of scum like this.

Repeat offenders should have their sentences increased every time they are caught and if that means that they spend the rest of their lives behind bars so be it.

First and second time they are caught efforts should be made to rehabilitate and educate them, after that just increase the sentences.

I can see your reply from seven minutes ago!

Wasn't my comment , something about germans ......historical reference I believe.....

Must have imagined it.

Or like, I dunno, stop being racist?

Did you make a special effort to miss the point. Will I write it again.

Did you make a special effort to miss the point. Will I write it again.
    I see no point whatsoever. Maybe if you have a point, you should practice coherent expression of same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cantalach

jenna_haze wrote: »
    If politicians had any guts they could kill this trend before it take hold in Ireland, very simple to do ... and for all you who say that cant happen it s illegal, nonsense! A emeregency session in the Dail and a stroke of a pen and its done

Tell me you've at least heard of Bunreacht na hÉireann?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Shelflife wrote: »
    I dont care if they are black,white,yellow Irish or not

I do.

What we have here is youths identifying with their own ethnic popular culture; something which is not native to us. Yet something every child can identify with the world over in reciting the profane lyrics they don’t even understand due to its immature, simplistic, contagious nature. With a big push from the sumner redstones of this world however it does seem if you want to take it to the next threat level and realise those lyrical ideologies you have to be the real deal. And lemme tell u right now shįt just got real

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cantalach

I see no point whatsoever. Maybe if you have a point, you should practice coherent expression of same?

Maybe you should spell "practise" correctly (when the word is a verb) before trying to impress us all with flowery turn of phrase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

lola85 wrote: »
    Personal responsibility is now absolved from parents.

EVERYTHING is the governments fault backed by a left wing media and political representatives.

The government is expected to provide everything to these people for free.

Housing
    Education
    Health
    Food
    Clothing
    Rent
    Fuel

You name it.

And no one dares questions the parents role in providing all this.

10,000 homeless yada yada...

Yes, the government should provide all of these basic things to its citizens. You left one out though, which would actually make your post relevant to the topic at hand - justice. The government has a responsibility to provide justice to its citizens, no different to its responsibility to provide housing, health, education etc. And successive Irish governments have utterly failed in this regard, which is why scumbags feel perfectly safe in behaving this way, knowing they will face no meaningful consequences or waste any significant portion of their lives behind bars as a result.

Ironically, your post has pretty much underlined why we need more government involvement, not less. People who break the law should be held accountable for it, and in present-day Ireland, that simply does not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Americans are a cause of cancer?
    No but they are better at diagnosing and treating it than Ireland.

Yes, the government should provide all of these basic things to its citizens. You left one out though, which would actually make your post relevant to the topic at hand - justice. The government has a responsibility to provide justice to its citizens, no different to its responsibility to provide housing, health, education etc. And successive Irish governments have utterly failed in this regard, which is why scumbags feel perfectly safe in behaving this way, knowing they will face no meaningful consequences or waste any significant portion of their lives behind bars as a result.

Ironically, your post has pretty much underlined why we need more government involvement, not less. People who break the law should be held accountable for it, and in present-day Ireland, that simply does not happen.
    I don't think "more jail" is the answer to all problems typically. I'm not a criminal law practitioner, but I work in LA and have colleagues who work in the criminal justice system and it's clear that the very US solution of locking people up is not doing anything to solve the issues that are, frankly, systemic.

I'm not saying that jail and punishment is not the answer, it's just not the answer to every question.

cantalach wrote: »
    Maybe you should spell "practise" correctly (when the word is a verb) before trying to impress us all with flowery turn of phrase.
    FYI it's always spelled practice in the US. I work there as a commercial lawyer so it's advantageous to have your browser set to US English. You seem to not be familiar with my work here so I'll get you up to speed: I have three law degrees and a degree in economics, I know how to spell, I'm an asshole and I get bored on long flights... so when you want to come to the table with the adults I'll think about entertaining you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

At least it wasn't a respectable store like Best Menswear.

Just trying to stay positive.
    They should've thought of that incase they'll need a suit for court. Problem is they know they won't need a suit because they'll never see court and that's the problem, no deterrent. When your under 18 life is effectively anarchy. Threaten to rape a bus driver sure no problem we'll organise a free bus to drop you home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I'm an asshole

:D

Love your style!

:D

Love your style!
    You've gotta own your brand! :D

FYI it's always spelled practice in the US. I work there as a commercial lawyer so it's advantageous to have your browser set to US English. You seem to not be familiar with my work here so I'll get you up to speed: I have three law degrees and a degree in economics, I know how to spell, I'm an asshole and I get bored on long flights... so when you want to come to the table with the adults I'll think about entertaining you.

Ahh don't be shy..

I wasn't familiar with "your work" here either
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha thanks you have made my day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I don't think "more jail" is the answer to all problems typically. I'm not a criminal law practitioner, but I work in LA and have colleagues who work in the criminal justice system and it's clear that the very US solution of locking people up is not doing anything to solve the issues that are, frankly, systemic.

I'm not saying that jail and punishment is not the answer, it's just not the answer to every question.

The US routinely jails people for entirely victimless crimes, Ireland routinely fails to jail people who are members of violent criminal gangs and terrorise ordinary people.

The balance lies in the middle. Victimless crimes shouldn't be a thing at all, crimes which harm others should be punished extremely severely.

• Advertisement

The US routinely jails people for entirely victimless crimes, Ireland routinely fails to jail people who are members of violent criminal gangs and terrorise ordinary people.

The balance lies in the middle. Victimless crimes shouldn't be a thing at all, crimes which harm others should be punished extremely severely.
    Totally agree, just saying that as a general rule "lock them up" doesn't exactly work either. It's some combination of (i) education (ii) effective laws (iii) visible enforcement of laws / adequate and necessary punishment.

Legal and taxed cannabis with funds from taxation going to criminal justice would be a strong start.

Advertisement