If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHILIPS Ambilight 55PUS6754

Options
  • 09-11-2019 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi RS
    I got a LG OLED 55 a few years ago from Belfast and it's been great. 
    Need another more budget TV for PS and more casual use and the PHILIPS Ambilight 55PUS6754 looks an option. 
    Is it available to collect in Belfast/ what's the best deal. And a pair of [font=arial, sans-serif]Sony WH[/font]-1000XM3 headphones. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

fortyplus wrote: »
    Hi RS
    Need another more budget TV for PS and more casual use and the PHILIPS Ambilight 55PUS6754 looks an option. 
    Is it available to collect in Belfast/ what's the best deal. And a pair of [font=arial, sans-serif]Sony WH[/font]-1000XM3 headphones. 

Thanks!
    Hi fortyplus,

The Philips TVs are fantastic TVs. As they use a micro dimming panel they have a much better picture than TVs in the same price bracket!

I don't have any available to collect in the Belfast store but they are available to order for shipping from our main warehouse through the below link:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204207-philips-55pus6754-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Unfortunately the web prices would be the best I have on both the TV and the Sonys at the moment however we do have our Black Friday price promise so if the prices do drop on Black Friday just let us know and we'll refund the difference.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭fortyplus

Hi RS

Thanks!
    Hi fortyplus,

The Philips TVs are fantastic TVs. As they use a micro dimming panel they have a much better picture than TVs in the same price bracket!

I don't have any available to collect in the Belfast store but they are available to order for shipping from our main warehouse through the below link:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204207-philips-55pus6754-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Unfortunately the web prices would be the best I have on both the TV and the Sonys at the moment however we do have our Black Friday price promise so if the prices do drop on Black Friday just let us know and we'll refund the difference.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for that. I am Dublin based so can I purchase some day I am in Belfast ( most weeks)  and have delivered to Dublin: 
    Or what would be the closest equivalent you have on the shelf in Belfast
    Thanks

Hi RS

Thanks!
    Hi fortyplus,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for that. I am Dublin based so can I purchase some day I am in Belfast ( most weeks)  and have delivered to Dublin: 
    Thanks
    Hi fortyplus,

That's no problem at all, just ask for myself when you're in store! I usually have the Sony headphones in store to take away with you as well!

Kind regards

David

Hi RS

Thanks!
    Hi fortyplus,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks
    Hi fortyplus,

That's no problem at all, just ask for myself when you're in store! I usually have the Sony headphones in store to take away with you as well!

Kind regards

David
    perfect. I might drop you a note when I know what day. 

Hi RS

Thanks!
    Hi fortyplus,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks
    Hi fortyplus,

Kind regards

David
    perfect. I might drop you a note when I know what day. 
    No problem, keep me posted!

• Advertisement

Hi Richersounds
    Change of plan
    Have decided it's worth going for LG OLED55B9PLA @ €1,199 ( incl 6 year warranty) 

and a basic compact bluetooth amp for some unused Arcam MUCO speakers to use with the TV (optical connection) and BT streaming. The Tangent AMPSTER BT II €179 looks perfect.
    Delivery to Dublin, but no rush, whenever suits you.
    Any chance of any extra break on this:)

Thanks. Ready to go on this. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Richersounds
    Change of plan
    Have decided it's worth going for LG OLED55B9PLA @ €1,199 ( incl 6 year warranty) 

and a basic compact bluetooth amp for some unused Arcam MUCO speakers to use with the TV (optical connection) and BT streaming. The Tangent AMPSTER BT II €179 looks perfect.

Hi FotryPlus.

The 55B9PLA is a fantastic television but unfortunately I can not go any lower on the pricing as the current Euro price makes it cheaper than our sterling retail.

I could squeeze a little bit of the Ampster BT II down to 145 Euro.

We are also offering our Black Friday price promise where if the price drops between now and Black Friday we will offer to refund any difference.

Let me know what you think.

Kenny
    We will run with that. I have sent you a PM

Kenny
    We will run with that. I have sent you a PM
    Hi fortyplus,

We'll get back to you first thing tomorrow!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Sorry to piggyback on this thread but that Philips TV has caught my attention. Plan would be to replace my current Samsung 49KU6400 (bought from  yourselves a few years back).

I assume the picture quality would be a major step up (HDR 10+/Dolby Vision/Microdimming etc.)?

• Advertisement

Sorry to piggyback on this thread but that Philips TV has caught my attention. Plan would be to replace my current Samsung 49KU6400 (bought from  yourselves a few years back).

I assume the picture quality would be a major step up (HDR 10+/Dolby Vision/Microdimming etc.)?
    Hey WeleaseWoderick.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Yeah the Philips would be a massive upgrade the the KU6400.

Plenty of stock available. Currently priced at £449 with £6.99 shipping or 549 Euro.
    Includes our VIP 6 yar guarantee free of charge.

You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for yourself.

Hi Richersounds
    Change of plan

Hi FotryPlus.

The 55B9PLA is a fantastic television but unfortunately I can not go any lower on the pricing as the current Euro price makes it cheaper than our sterling retail.

We are also offering our Black Friday price promise where if the price drops between now and Black Friday we will offer to refund any difference.

Hi RicherSounds
    we got the bits above before Christmas, all good. Finally getting around to setting it up in it's permanent home, so it's the TV with the little BT amp and some arcam muso speakers ( rectangular type we got from you years ago but have rarely been used) .
    So to round it off it needs a little sub. It's a secondary games room, so huge volume not needed. I was thinking something like this: What do you think?
    https://www.richersounds.com/cambridge-sx120-sub-blk.html?refSrc=49963&nosto=nosto-page-product3-copy
    There is a size limit of around 330mm in any dimension
    [font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cambridge Audio SX120[/font]

As a side question, it's the second of these 55" OLED LG TV's we have from you. Strikes me the picture quality has improved a wee bit in the past 2 years, or maybe it's just the settings?

Hi Richersounds
    Change of plan

Hi FotryPlus.

Hi RicherSounds
    we got the bits above before Christmas, all good. Finally getting around to setting it up in it's permanent home, so it's the TV with the little BT amp and some arcam muso speakers ( rectangular type we got from you years ago but have rarely been used) .
    So to round it off it needs a little sub. It's a secondary games room, so huge volume not needed. I was thinking something like this: What do you think?
    https://www.richersounds.com/cambridge-sx120-sub-blk.html?refSrc=49963&nosto=nosto-page-product3-copy

As a side question, it's the second of these 55" OLED LG TV's we have from you. Strikes me the picture quality has improved a wee bit in the past 2 years, or maybe it's just the settings?
    Hi FortyPlus.

The Sx120 would be a nice little addition.
    I could squeeze it down to £139 delivered for you.

Cambridge also product the MINX X200 sub which even more compact without losing its punch.
    Retails a little higher at £199 but I could offer at £185 delivered.

On the side questions.
    Every year the new models are tweaked and use different components to make them better than their previous versions.
    Setting can also make a difference and I always recommend customers play around with these to try and get the picture they like as everyone can be different on how they like the image to be.

I have an older 7 series LG OLED and the image on the current 9 series is a noticeable improvement.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Richersounds
    Change of plan

Hi FotryPlus.

Hi RicherSounds

Hi FortyPlus.

The Sx120 would be a nice little addition.
    I could squeeze it down to £139 delivered for you.

Cambridge also product the MINX X200 sub which even more compact without losing its punch.
    Retails a little higher at £199 but I could offer at £185 delivered.

On the side questions.
    Every year the new models are tweaked and use different components to make them better than their previous versions.
    Setting can also make a difference and I always recommend customers play around with these to try and get the picture they like as everyone can be different on how they like the image to be.

I have an older 7 series LG OLED and the image on the current 9 series is a noticeable improvement.

Let me know your thoughts.
    OK, if you feel the MINX X200 is worth the extra I will run with that. I hope to be in Belfast next weekend, do you have a white one in stock?

And £185 is definitely the best price? :)

Hey Fortyplus.

Unfortunately the £185 would be as low as I could drop on this.
    You will need a cable for connecting it up. If a 2 or 3 meter one would be long enough I can offer to supply one free of charge.

I do have the white version currently in stock here at the Belfast store.
    If you want to drop me over you full name and address in a PM then I can pop the order up on to our system to ensure its still here when you come to collect.

Hey Fortyplus.

You will need a cable for connecting it up. If a 2 or 3 meter one would be long enough I can offer to supply one free of charge.

If you want to drop me over you full name and address in a PM then I can pop the order up on to our system to ensure its still here when you come to collect.
    That's great. I had forgotten the cable. I will drop you a PM with the details now. 

Hey Fortyplus.

That's great. I had forgotten the cable. I will drop you a PM with the details now. 
    No problem at all FortyPlus.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.