Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triple glazing inner pane glass shattered

• 09-11-2019 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi All

I came home from a weekend away to find the inner pane of my triple glazing window of my Bay window had shattered. I called -snip- and they have told me that I will have to pay for the call out for one of their guys to have a look at it.

Can anyone tell me if they have had any experience of dealing with this issue as I hear it has happened before? After paying the call out charge did they replace the glass free under warranty? We are in the house 8 years now.

If the windows are under warranty, why are you forced to pay a call out charge?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Is there a mention of ‘nickel sulphate’ in the warranties fine print?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭moldy_sea

Sorry to hear that. Could you DM the manufacturer? I don't like the sound of their customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Who2

Broken glass can happen for a multitude of reasons. I’d highly doubt your covered with anyone after eight years unless you can prove it’s a fitting or manufacturing issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This has been discussed a few times on here.
    I’m not sure what’s capsizing it’s myself but a quick search may yield one results from Previous posters.

I seem to remember. Sore koi’s poster when this happened a few times on the same window.

Advertisement