Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best iPod for 11 year old

Options
  • 09-11-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi
    Can someone please advise on what the best iPod is for an 11 year old?
    Really just for music / texting....

Thanks
    Maura

Comments

To the best of my knowledge you can't text on any of those devices. You'd have to get a mobile and a Spotify or Google Play Music account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Bog standard android phone, sub 100 euro.

If you don't want them to use it as a smart phone, you can certainly not put a sim in, or use a ready to go sim with no credit.

they can message via apps when on wifi without credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

iPod touch is the only model sold by Apple these days. It has FaceTime and iMessage which you can call/video and text other iPhones, iPods and Mac computers for free using WiFi. After a year the batteries tend to lose capacity in these device.

As suggested, a cheap android phone is better value and you can install parental control apps like Family Link etc installed where you can lock the phone at bed time, approve app downloads and set restrictions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You could get a mini laptop for the same price as an iPod touch ...... I guess it depends on a lot of personal preferences ....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭mauraf

Bog standard android phone, sub 100 euro.

If you don't want them to use it as a smart phone, you can certainly not put a sim in, or use a ready to go sim with no credit.

they can message via apps when on wifi without credit.

Thanks for this! Never considered this as an option. If possible, I only want it used for texting friends ( on what’s app I assume?), and listening to music...
    Would prefer no social media apps...so assume that’s possible if no give a sim ?
    Maura

• Advertisement
Advertisement