Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I miss a delayed inbound connecting flight trick?

Options
  • 09-11-2019 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

I was flying from Dublin to Heathrow and then on outside of Europe on one ticket/booking. My initial flight was delayed due to bad weather leaving Heathrow before my flight. I arrived with 45mins before departure and legged it through the airport and just about made it even though the airline staff said I wouldn't. Would I have been better off taking it easy? Could I have collected the €600 compensation mentioned in a few places. I did read that Cancelled flights from Heathrow is excluded for that day due to extreme weather but my flight wasn't cancelled and was just delayed as a result.

Then my bag didn't arrive, so I've nothing here. The airline said they will hopefully get it to me 36+ hours late. They said they might pay for toiletries and underwear if I submit a claim. Should I have a look for Calvin Klein and stock up or am I wasting my time trying to get that back?

I'm pissed off too, I've a big group hike planned for tomorrow morning and all I have is unsuitable, new fashionable runners but it looks like I'm just going to have to wear them anyway as I couldn't find anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,690 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'd have had a fight for 261 compensation based on a weather claim. Often they're not valid excuses but it's not guaranteed

Airline is liable for costs for replacement necessities up to about 1700 euro but many put their own limits in that you need to sue them if going above. AirBaltics is a fiver a day! Air France is 80 I think which easily covered one day in Portugal so it's only AirBaltic I'm taking to court currenltly

People have successfully sued for Boss suits and so on because they were flying for business and needed the correct attire but that's down to the opinion of a judge on the day

Advertisement