Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floradix (Iron supplement)

Options
  • 09-11-2019 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

Has anyone taken this in pregnancy, the O/H is half wary of taking it as it doesn't explicitly say suitable for pregnant women.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Active Iron is suitable for pregnancy and is very gentle on the stomach. I'd ask a pharmacist before taking Floradix just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Yes I was told to take it on my first pregnancy by a midwife.
    It is also suitable for breastfeeding as was recommended it again after having my second child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Active Iron is suitable for pregnancy and is very gentle on the stomach. I'd ask a pharmacist before taking Floradix just to be on the safe side.

Thank you, it was prescribed by our local maternity hospital to prevent constipation.

Millem wrote: »
    Yes I was told to take it on my first pregnancy by a midwife.
    It is also suitable for breastfeeding as was recommended it again after having my second child.

Perfect, thank you for that, always good to know, my wife had concerns as it mentioned everything but pregnancy on the instructions for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I used to take it during last pregnancy and started taking it again during this pregnancy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

It's fine, but check with your doctor.
    If you're found to be low in iron though Floradix won't be enough likely, they'll probably recommend something like Ferrograd C or Galfer which have higher concentrations

Gatica wrote: »
    It's fine, but check with your doctor.
    If you're found to be low in iron though Floradix won't be enough likely, they'll probably recommend something like Ferrograd C or Galfer which have higher concentrations

Thanks for the reply, Galfer was ruled out, i'll ask was ferrograd C mentioned.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Advertisement