Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Rate meter wrong time by 20 mins

Options
  • 09-11-2019 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,
    We have a dual (night rate) meter and recently when I was comparing our night vs day usage I noticed that the date/time was wrong by around 20 mins.
    This is annoying as I've programmed EV and other appliances to take advantage of the night rate beginning at midnight before hour change or now 11pm) but because the meter is charging based on the wrong time I'm inadvertently paying day rate...

ESB, how can this be fixed?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi gok, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

You should still be getting the same amount of time even if the time clock is twenty minutes out. For example, if the night rates kicks in at 10:40 PM, it means you are are getting the unit rate early even if it is ending slightly earlier. Similarly, if the night rate kicks in at 11:20 PM the night rate will not end until 8:20 AM instead of 8:00 AM. 

If a time clock is incorrect by 2 hours or more, an ESB Networks technician will be sent to fix the fault. The customer can report the fault by calling 1850 372 372 or 01 852 9534. As the time on your clock is only out by a short amount, it is unlikely that this can be arranged in your case.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement