Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Just done that and it didn't even list it in 'Apps & Games' or in 'Search in Apps'

Grrrrr!

Use the file linked way then. Look on YouTube for how to install & use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the file linked way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the file linked way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIPT30w39bA

Thank You!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

Did you get it working? BBC iplayer stopped working for me on Firestick and tablet since yesterday and still not working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

glen123 wrote: »
    Did you get it working? BBC iplayer stopped working for me on Firestick and tablet since yesterday and still not working.

Still working here with VPN unlimited on X96 mini box with Kodi player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Iplayer still working on my iMac and phone with this vpn

Not yet on the firestick I'm afraid. I have it working on my Macbook but really want to get in going on the TV.

ITV Hub is still working for me on my Firestick, but BBC iPlayer isn't any longer.

I've reinstalled iPlayer from Amazon app store - no difference.

Tried BBC iPlayer through Firefox browser - get a message that iPlayer only works in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Just a query boardsies..I'm a noob on VPNs...My LG tv is connected either wireless or if I want via ethernet port..What's the best or cheapest option re VPNs . Thanks

• Advertisement

Not yet on the firestick I'm afraid. I have it working on my Macbook but really want to get in going on the TV.

BBC iPlayer started working again on Firestick today. I didn't change anything at all. Maybe try again and see if it works for you too now.

IrlJidel wrote: »
    It won’t let you install bbc Iplayer if account- region is Ireland. You need to sideload the bbc player. Best way to do this is to install from the firetvstick’s File linked store. Think I posted a link to her filelinked tutorial earlier in the thread

https://youtu.be/exNioWxsIII

Just want to say thanks for your input. That you tube video is excellent for tech idiots like me and she puts things nicely into steps.

She has a good app list and even better she has the RTE app. I have a samsung TV that would not allow the new version of the RTE app. Great to have the iplayer up and running as well. THANK YOU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just a query boardsies..I'm a noob on VPNs...My LG tv is connected either wireless or if I want via ethernet port..What's the best or cheapest option re VPNs . Thanks

Does your LG run Android? If not then you'll probalby require a router that can support a vpn connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭kala85

Just want to say thanks for your input. That you tube video is excellent for tech idiots like me and she puts things nicely into steps.

She has a good app list and even better she has the RTE app. I have a samsung TV that would not allow the new version of the RTE app. Great to have the iplayer up and running as well. THANK YOU!
    Is the rte player stable in the firestick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

kala85 wrote: »
    Is the rte player stable in the firestick

I’ve never had a single issue with it - other people have reported some issues but maybe that depends on the exact firestick they have. I’m using the 4K firestick in case it depends on what exact firestick and fireos version you use. There’s an Informer app in normal AppStore that will tell you exactly what you have.

You’re welcome. She does good tutorials that anyone can follow - she added the RTÉ player for me when I emailed her. Guess best way to return the favor to her is to like and subscribe to her channel as guess her ad income is based on subscribers (or maybe not - I’m not an influencer). In a few weeks you’ll be hacking your firestick and replacing the launcher and removing the bloatware :-)

Now you’re vpn is setep There’s a separate thread for general firestick use

Firestick general discussion thread

In a few weeks you’ll be hacking your firestick and replacing the launcher and removing the bloatware :-)

Now you’re vpn is setep There’s a separate thread for general firestick use

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058088307/2/#post113801136

Oh Man! don't tell me I have more to do! I though I was home and hosed!

This is liking getting a new house pet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It won’t let you install bbc Iplayer if account- region is Ireland. You need to sideload the bbc player. Best way to do this is to install from the firetvstick’s File linked store. Think I posted a link to her filelinked tutorial earlier in the thread

https://youtu.be/exNioWxsIII

Thanks for the great link to that top YouTube channel.
    Finally, RTE Player on firestick

so what current vpn deal is recommended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just getting around to setting this up now, but just my luck there doesn't seem to be any valid codes for keepsolid - anyone know of any or an alternative to keepsolid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Check out SurfShark
    ablelocks wrote: »
    just getting around to setting this up now, but just my luck there doesn't seem to be any valid codes for keepsolid - anyone know of any or an alternative to keepsolid?

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Is $39. FBMESSENGER10 gets you 10% off so $35.10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

just getting around to setting this up now, but just my luck there doesn't seem to be any valid codes forkeepsolid - anyone know of any or an alternative to keepsolid?
    Pure VPN - Current offer is a 1 year sub which works out about €15 - €16. Its recurring so just remember to cancel it before the 12 months are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

I noticed with this VPN on the iPlayer on the firestick you can watch BBC channels ok but sometimes it's difficult to play a TV series ... anybody encounter this and any solutions ?

Any responses appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

whiz wrote: »
    I noticed with this VPN on the iPlayer on the firestick you can watch BBC channels ok but sometimes it's difficult to play a TV series ... anybody encounter this and any solutions ?

No issues for me, firestick 4k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Haven't been able to play BBC iPlayer using this VPN the last couple of days, previously used it without issue, anyone experiencing any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

Haven't been able to play BBC iPlayer using this VPN the last couple of days, previously used it without issue, anyone experiencing any problems

Mine was working fine last night.
    I'm not at home to check now but will look later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

whiz wrote: »

I notice sometimes I'm general that my Firestick network connection plays up regardless of the VPN and I need to reconnect or restart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

w4ntedman wrote: »
    Mine was working fine last night.
    I'm not at home to check now but will look later on

It's working now on my mobile data but wasn't on the home Wi-Fi, must have some issue with cookies being retained for the site or something

• Advertisement

Anyone tried keepsolid on the new US peacock streaming service yet? Does it work?

Advertisement