Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

batistuta9 wrote: »
    The two popular smart dns' (Getflix & smartdnsproxy)offer 14 day trials, if anyone needs iPlayer in the meantime

Tried two different email addresses but the getflix trial email hasn't arrived one hour later.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Check your spam, I’ve been with getflix for years and they are usually very quick

Cheers

Cant get getflix working on firestick, anyone know a trial VPN that is currently working with iplayer on firestick?

Hi all, have this on Firestick it's saying renew your subscription even though I have lifetime subscription anyone know how to sign out of it on Firestick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

The answer is just 5 posts above yours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭odddavey

Keepsolid vpn, bbc iplayer back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

odddavey wrote: »
    Keepsolid vpn, bbc iplayer back

Not working on firestick for me. Which server are you using?

Buffering like hell on Firestick. Unusable at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I had to reset my firestick recently but the VPN doesn't give me a choice to sign back in only to sign up, contacted Keep Solid through their support channel but still waiting for a reply five days later, even though they promise to reply within an hour. Anybody else had this problem and how was it solved, if it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I had to reset my firestick recently but the VPN doesn't give me a choice to sign back in only to sign up, contacted Keep Solid through their support channel but still waiting for a reply five days later, even though they promise to reply within an hour. Anybody else had this problem and how was it solved, if it was?

Same here regarding firestick. There is actually an option to sign in but it's hard to see. Top right corner

Dr. Nick wrote: »

Same here regarding firestick. There is actually an option to sign in but it's hard to see. Top right corner

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Buffering like hell on Firestick. Unusable at the moment

Like that here too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

how do you stop the buffering on the firestick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

BBC iplayer not working again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

SPAWKER wrote: »
    BBC iplayer not working again

UK south working for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

UK south working for me

Yep have it going again thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

whats the best vpn to use for streaming or would you just go with the streaming one down the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

UK south working for me

Banjaxed last night again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I had to do the same and then it said my 5 slots were already used up. Got in touch with keepsolid and they were back to me later that day and very fast to sort anything out. I have found their customer support great.

Now iplayer itself won't launch on Firestick just goes to black screen with a little white square of anyone knows what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

Now iplayer itself won't launch on Firestick just goes to black screen with a little white square of anyone knows what to do?

I was having this problem but on the shield.
    Removing updated version of the app and replacing with the factory version did the trick.

Iplayer app I mean not keepsolid

• Advertisement

w4ntedman wrote: »
    I was having this problem but on the shield.
    Removing updated version of the app and replacing with the factory version did the trick.

Iplayer app I mean not keepsolid

I have two firesticks running, one had the problem you mention so I applied the fix and the other was firing up as normal. Now both fire up and go through all the normal procedures to sign me in but neither will play content.
    It seems to be IPlayer only as ITV and MY 5 work fine.

I have two firesticks running, one had the problem you mention so I applied the fix and the other was firing up as normal. Now both fire up and go through all the normal procedures to sign me in but neither will play content.
    It seems to be IPlayer only as ITV and MY 5 work fine.

Mine was working last night after resetting and turning off auto-update but BBC do seem to be cracking down.
    I will check it again tonight when I get home.
    After a few years of never a bother it's getting tougher of late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

McMurphy wrote: »
    Banjaxed last night again?

was working this morning for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

BBC and Netflix have always been the most difficult to watch with a vpn, if you want an easy option for both then get a smart dns

I have a VPN with smart dns

Is it as simple as reconnecting to your wifi and use the smart dns?

Would this do away with the need for the VPN to be connected for IPTV etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What VPN is recommended to cover 3 devices (Firestick, Android Phone and Windows Computer) where speed and reliability is the main concern, price being a secondary concern only?

In particular the Firestick, used for streaming via catch up apps, Netflix and IPTV.

BBC and Netflix have always been the most difficult to watch with a vpn, if you want an easy option for both then get a smart dns

Just my paranoia but I prefer a vpn (tinfoil hat too!).
    Netflix and Hulu work fine with ipv6 off anyway

my smart dns is set up with an irish and uk address and works at device or router level, vpn for iptv is a different thing but best not to go into that on the thread

So go with the smart dns on my mesh router and keep VPN on for other activities ;)

american netflix library ?

Yes it's fine as long as you keep ipv6 disabled

i use both as and when needed on device level

Tried only smart dns and no go on Iplayer, but thats been so hit and miss of late its hard to tell

• Advertisement

it is working fine for me

Must try this and not my other VPN so

I know this vpn did/didnt work at times, seems the firestick can cause issues as well

Advertisement