Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Interview for a C.E. Scheme Advice?

Options
  • 09-11-2019 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

I'm due to attend an interview for a C.E. Scheme position as an administrator role. At present, I only have hands on work experience in a trainee receptionist role in a voluntary role. I have a working background in childcare, having worked in childcare (crèche) for nearly 2 years, and have recently left the childcare sector. I have an honours degree in crèche management ( Level 8). I am proficient in IT systems, Microsoft, Freedcamp and Inspinia.

Just wondering what kind of questions can I expect?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I thought CE scheme was for long term unemployed? You sound over qualified and possibly not eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

if you are interested in the position then tell them so.

it can be good experience depending on where it is and the people there.

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I thought CE scheme was for long term unemployed? You sound over qualified and possibly not eligible.

The OP is apply for a local CE administrator position, not to be a scheme participant.

The OP is apply for a local CE administrator position, not to be a scheme participant.

Good guess if right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

CE do allot of work about personal and skill development. Training plans, interview preparation.
    Preparing reports, keeping track of accounts and timekeeping.

I would expect you to be able to talk confidently on these topics and detail any experience you have of them.

As much as anything interviews are about personal interaction, confident speaking, eye to eye contact without staring like your a character from the purge. Sit up straight, project an image that your taking it seriously but at ease with the process at the same time.
    Try figure out which interviewer is running the show and use their name as you address them. If your potential immediate manager is there try and do likewise. When it’s done thank them for taking the time to see you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

The administration position is a scheme participant role. The only non-participant roles are Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks all.

I'm not the best at doing interviews, as I'm always so nervous, and I always feel that I could make a much better impression at them if I were n't so nervous (if you get me). Confidence is my biggest downfall, I suppose.

Any advice?

Advertisement