Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracted hours vs Rostered hours

Options
  • 10-11-2019 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I am in a new job and I am salaried.

My contract is for 38 and half hours a week after breaks right now I am getting only 36 hours a week.

I have raised this with my line manager and said I don't want to end up owing them hours by the end of the year, My line manager say I won't.

My question is if I am contracted to work 38.5 hour a week but only rostered for 36 hours will I end up owing them hours or is this on the to give me the hours I'm contracted for and if they don't that is on them not me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hi I am in a new job and I am salaried.

My contract is for 38 and half hours a week after breaks right now I am getting only 36 hours a week.

I have raised this with my line manager and said I don't want to end up owing them hours by the end of the year, My line manager say I won't.

My question is if I am contracted to work 38.5 hour a week but only rostered for 36 hours will I end up owing them hours or is this on the to give me the hours I'm contracted for and if they don't that is on them not me?

Are you working for a certain health food company?

Sounds like a tactic they used in England to reduce people's contracted hours via some "implied terms of work" jiggery pokery

I thought the WRC already investigated them in Ireland for similar

Advertisement