Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 - Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Would Sterling & Connolly ----> Dilva/7.6 MF & Auba be worth it. Currently have doubts over Robbo, Lascales & Connolly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Charles Leclerc

Would Aguero to Auba be mental? Have a strong feeling Aguero will be benched tomorrow while Auba is at home to Southampton.

I've two free transfers and cannot see another move I want to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Would Aguero to Auba be mental? Have a strong feeling Aguero will be benched tomorrow while Auba is at home to Southampton.

bring in Gazzinga for your 2nd choice keeper. to use up the FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

I cannot see Aguero being benched if fit.

Number of games against other Top 5 in past 5 years - 50 (Pool, Arsenal, United Chelsea, Spurs)
    Number of times benched - 1 - versus Man United when coming back from a knee injury.

Consistently doesn't play Everton. So New Years Day he might get a day off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Had PVA/Sterling to TAA/Son (for -4) in my mind for a few days but think I'll hold it till next week.

Can play Aurier at the back, and fancy Sterling to put a Vardy-esque "I'm pissed off" run together after his Gomez incident, that Chelsea defence concedes

Crazy to get rid of PVA with their upcoming fixtures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Currently weighing up Salah/Sterling/Connolly to Mane/James/Kane for a -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Saka to Ricki for 1 week only punt! Have funds ITB for it.

Come one Ricki!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Any suggestions for my freehit team this week?
    I have
    Gazzinga,
    Brandon williams, jaamat, chillwell,
    Mane, de byrune, wilson, mcginn,
    Vardy, kane, auba
    Tink it fairly good
    Captain auba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

callaway92 wrote: »
    Crazy to get rid of PVA with their upcoming fixtures
    Not ideal, but it's to get in TAA with his upcoming fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

With Salah out I can do Greenwood/Salah to PEA/Tielemans. Gives me triple Leicster which I'm not crazy about though...

Went ahead with this for -4 and stuck PEA as Capt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Went ahead with this for -4 and stuck PEA as Capt

Prepare for 90 minutes of absolute frustration so
    Don’t watch it if you can at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

km79 wrote: »
    Prepare for 90 minutes of absolute frustration so
    Don’t watch it if you can at all

An 11 million value striker at home to Soton you have to captain him. Not the cleanest logic but that’s the way it is.

An 11 million value striker at home to Soton you have to captain him. Not the cleanest logic but that’s the way it is.

Agreed
    But don’t watch it
    Just check for his points after !
    It’s torture with him
    Even when he does get a goal or even two he is not really involved
    The rage and frustration builds
    Better not to watch him as an owner and especially captainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I agree unless you have Vardy. I have both and it’s difficult for me to say no to Vardy’s form.

After this weeks transfer I’ll have enough itb for Madison or martial to Alli if spurs show form
    Or
    Vardy to kane if I feel like I hate my life

Or a defender for Fredricks
    In fact if I cheapen him down I won’t be far off martial to son

Martial won’t be staying long for me is the moral of this tale

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

km79 wrote:
    Prepare for 90 minutes of absolute frustration so Don’t watch it if you can at all

I never get to see the 3pm games, just usually keep an eye on the GW thread here but fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ayoze in for Mount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

C Wilson out and Kane in

Hoping Kane bags a few goals before Jose converts him to a left back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think I'll bank. Have money to upgrade Cantwell but want to wait see how Spurs look and have 2 fts for potential moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Banking and will make sure to watch the Spurs game.
    Would be good to have Spurs defenders that aren't prone to rotation.

Utd play Spurs in a couple of weeks too, will assume Jose will get them well fired up for that

• Advertisement

Banking and will make sure to watch the Spurs game.
    Would be good to have Spurs defenders that aren't prone to rotation.

Utd play Spurs in a couple of weeks too, will assume Jose will get them well fired up for that

If they need to be fired up for that then there are bigger problems than we even know about

Upon reflection spurs are still a wait and see for a few weeks
    The problems with eriksen and numerous other high profile players winding down their contracts has not gone away
    There may be deeper seeded issues . That dressing room has been toxic for months even allowing for champ league final appearance

COH wrote: »
    Took an early -8 to avoid getting priced out of Vardy/Maddison and co. and get rid of some deadwood (Yarmo, Otamendi etc.)

But have Salah & Robertson yellow flagged now :-/

Could stick (McGinn & Ake to come off the bench for them if they dont play) or hit the WC button negate the -8 and get TAA & Mane in.

Heart says prob the right time to WC... head on the other hand is wrecked!

Any suggestions?

I wouldn’t WC in that scenario.

Get 11 players on the pitch this GW and reassess thereafter.

km79 wrote: »
    After this weeks transfer I’ll have enough itb for Madison or martial to Alli if spurs show form
    Or
    Vardy to kane if I feel like I hate my life

Or a defender for Fredricks
    In fact if I cheapen him down I won’t be far off martial to son

Martial won’t be staying long for me is the moral of this tale

Martial is a season keeper if he stays fit. Guaranteed.

Spurs are a ‘go and get’ right now. Ok we don’t know who exactly will be flavour flav for Jose but Son and Kane can be brought in straight away.

I’m ****ing furious I’ve no room for Son. I’ve VAJ upfront and can in no way justify breaking that up.

My only other option would be KDB to Son and I’m very very tempted.

Spurs will be awesome now under Mourinho. Gazzaniga and one of Son or Kane need to be brought in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Which 4 defenders to play? Digne Robertson awb Soyuncu Lundstram? Have Lundstram benched at the minute

Martial is a season keeper if he stays fit. Guaranteed.

Spurs are a ‘go and get’ right now. Ok we don’t know who exactly will be flavour flav for Jose but Son and Kane can be brought in straight away.

I’m ****ing furious I’ve no room for Son. I’ve VAJ upfront and can in no way justify breaking that up.

My only other option would be KDB to Son and I’m very very tempted.

Spurs will be awesome now under Mourinho. Gazzaniga and one of Son or Kane need to be brought in

I guarantee you he will be “injured “ before the new year

This was the reason I was reluctant to go VAJ but did anyway
    Less flexibility . But still only 2 transfers to get Kane in if one was of that mind

KDB to son is at the front of my mind IF spurs show form

Of course I have yet to do my transfer this week which was to be Boly to TAA

Maybe I should go for someone cheaper and keep the cash .......and have an extra player for GW 18.........ive planned on getting TAA in this week for nearly 7 weeks though (was supposed to be for fredericks)
    Honestly if Boly wasn’t injured and Fredricks/Tomori the defensive subs I’d bank it
    I’m not entirely convinced I want to spend 7.2 on a defender after downgrading them all
    Owning someone like PVA after this week would be so much more fun ....

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Which 4 defenders to play? Digne Robertson awb Soyuncu Lundstram? Have Lundstram benched at the minute

Sheff United are good defensively at home. 3 clean sheets in 6 home games. I think that game will be 0-0 or maybe even 1-0 home win.

FitzShane wrote: »
    Sheff United are good defensively at home. 3 clean sheets in 6 home games. I think that game will be 0-0 or maybe even 1-0 home win.

Thanks, think I'll sell awb for a cheaper option so I can upgrade cantwell next week..

Wonder will Jose play aurier? Or is a wolves defender the best bet with 4 decent fixtures

Thanks, think I'll sell awb for a cheaper option so I can upgrade cantwell next week..

Wonder will Jose play aurier? Or is a wolves defender the best bet with 4 decent fixtures

For what it's worth, I am playing Lundstram, TAA, Soyuncu & Williams. So a similar defence to you. Decided to play Williams instead of Mount. Could be a horrible decision yet but going with it.

Gonna get in Gazzinga & Son or Kane next week I think. Gazzinga the cheapest way into Spurs clean sheets I think.

FitzShane wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I am playing Lundstram, TAA, Soyuncu & Williams. So a similar defence to you. Decided to play Williams instead of Mount. Could be a horrible decision yet but going with it.

Gonna get in Gazzinga & Son or Kane next week I think. Gazzinga the cheapest way into Spurs clean sheets I think.

Have Gazzinga already but I'd double up on spurs if aurier is guaranteed to start. The Jose bus will be parked up for a few months I reckon

• Advertisement

That is one seriously expensive defence in a year where value is easy to find .......
    Why do you have AWB still?
    Sell him for someone much cheaper
    Taylor, Rico,Mings , anyone basically cheaper !
    Digne might score well this week.play him. Then sell him

Advertisement