Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 13 - Transfer Thread

Comments

Aye. That doesn’t read very well.

My guarantee was that Martial is a season keeper.

I was not guaranteeing he would stay free of injury.

I am so tempted to do KDB to Son.

I think Spurs will trounce the Hammers.

Edit - but I have Mendy and that’s just not working out. Think I’ll move Mendy out before I bring in Son and can’t justify a -4. Robertson or Doherty for Mendy I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Think I'm going to roll the transfer this week. Brought Son in for Mount last GW and I'm happy enough with that especially with the change in the dynamic with Jose coming in. Banking transfers has served me well so far this year and with the busy festive period on the horizon, they'll all be needed in weeks to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was thinking of bringing in Taylor from Burnley, seen him mentioned a few times in this thread, is there something to suggest he will now start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have 2FTs and am tempted by Dunk and Sterling to TAA and Son, but think it might be a week early.

The alternative is Cantwell to a similar cheapie or bring in Gazzaniga as my 2nd keeper, as I have a FT to burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Should I take a 4 point hit to upgrade Perez to Maddison to avoid price hike? (Happening tonight right?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Tusky wrote: »
    Should I take a 4 point hit to upgrade Perez to Maddison to avoid price hike? (Happening tonight right?)

Think Maddison is more consistent in the long run but Perez has a high points ceiling as he’s shown on a few occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mourinho saying he tried to sign Moura when he was at Madrid. Would be a steal if he was nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mourinho saying he tried to sign Moura when he was at Madrid. Would be a steal if he was nailed on.

That’s over 6 years ago.

Moura was a highly touted kid then. Things have long changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

siblers wrote: »
    Was thinking of bringing in Taylor from Burnley, seen him mentioned a few times in this thread, is there something to suggest he will now start?

It think it's down to Dyche's perceived style of Management. He keeps faith with the same players when team is playing well. Pieters went off injured at HT against Sheff and Taylor has taken advantage of the chance. They were very comfortable against WHU too

That said, he dropped Lowton for Bardsley after a win to nil...

Busts knows his stuff when it comes to Burnley so I'd take note of his opinion.
    Taylor is first choice imo.

Thinking of getting rid of Mendy and KDB for Doherty and Son.

Would be for a -4.

Feels insane but I really think Spurs are going to put up a big score this GW.

Would leave me with no City players though.

I want to bring in Gazzaniga and downgrade CHO too.

Could easily do a -8 or -12 this GW but won’t.

Feel like this is a big moment in the season for me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Spurs/West Ham is a big local derby, biggest game of the season for West Ham. Manager under pressure has had 2 weeks to get his team ready for this. Spurs with new manage rjust in the door 3 days ago.

Happy to eat my words later but I don't see Spurs hammering the Hammers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Is the general consensus that Robbo is fit and going to start? I'll probably bring him in if so.

Which should I go with
    Kane/Pulisic
    Or
    Son/Abraham?

siblers wrote: »
    Which should I go with
    Kane/Pulisic
    Or
    Son/Abraham?

Son/Abraham

Two guaranteed starters (long-term) both on decent form.

Kane's output has been so bad recently.. Shot taking is average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

callaway92 wrote: »
    Son/Abraham

Two guaranteed starters (long-term) both on decent form.

Kane's output has been so bad recently.. Shot taking is average

Spurs data might need reseting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sterling & Connolly to Martial & Kane

dsmythy wrote: »

That's why I'm tempted with Kane. Not so sure on Pulisic though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I think people are jumping the gun on Spurs. Poch wasn't the main reason for the players being unhappy, that was Levy and the contracts situation and that hasn't changed. Some of the players are out the gate mentally already and that is not changing. Mourinho himself is a divisive character so I think that it is far from certain that he will galvanise the squad.

dsmythy wrote: »

It’s more to do with his shot taking.

Quality of shot has been really bad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ElTel wrote: »
    It think it's down to Dyche's perceived style of Management. He keeps faith with the same players when team is playing well. Pieters went off injured at HT against Sheff and Taylor has taken advantage of the chance. They were very comfortable against WHU too

That said, he dropped Lowton for Bardsley after a win to nil...

Busts knows his stuff when it comes to Burnley so I'd take note of his opinion.
    Taylor is first choice imo.

Ye Taylor will be back in now. He was always first choice but needed to bide his time to get back in. Dyche waited till Pieters had a couple of poor games. Lowton actually got dropped after a 3 0 loss to sheff utd so although I'd class lowton as first choice id expect Bardsley to get a bit of a run in the team now as he played and they won the last game against West ham.

• Advertisement

Start Benjamin Mendy or Mason Mount ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Tusky wrote: »

I think Perez is a terrible pick. I understand why people are getting him in as an affordable way to feel safer about not having other Leicester players, but outside of the freak result against Southampton he's been awful.

26 points in 11 games. If I had him, he'd be first name on the chopping block to either upgrade, or sell to free up ITB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Only the one.
    KdB to Son
    Mainly for the fun
    With Mourinho the Special One.
    hope I didn’t jump the gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

elefant wrote: »
    I think Perez is a terrible pick. I understand why people are getting him in as an affordable way to feel safer about not having other Leicester players, but outside of the freak result against Southampton he's been awful.

26 points in 11 games. If I had him, he'd be first name on the chopping block to either upgrade, or sell to free up ITB.

Barnes probably the better budget option in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Anyone know whether Traore is likely to play for Wolves?

If he is going to miss out I would be wiling to do a -4 to get either TAA or Zaha in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Anyone know whether Traore is likely to play for Wolves?

If he is going to miss out I would be wiling to do a -4 to get either TAA or Zaha in

Unlikely

Tempted by a late Mount to Son transfer. Sensible me says i should wait a week.

Tempted by a late Mount to Son transfer. Sensible me says i should wait a week.

Dammit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    Only the one.
    KdB to Son
    Mainly for the fun
    With Mourinho the Special One.
    hope I didn’t jump the gun.

Worth the **** poetry thus far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dammit