Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a firearm

Options
  • 10-11-2019 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Well lads and ladies, just wondering what the process would be if I’m wanting to sell my firearm on here. Does it have to go through RFD etc. thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

just wondering what the process would be if I’m wanting to sell my firearm on here.
    You advertise it on the for sale section via the link above.

Make sure to read and understand the rules before posting. The key points you need to know are:
    1. You must have 5 posts before you can advertise. The 5 posts mean you can attach pictures as anyone under 5 posts cannot, and pictures are mandatory.
    2. You must attach pictures of your item (not ones from the internet)
    3. You must include a price.
    The advert cannot be your 5th post, it must be your 6th for the option to attach pictures becomes available.
    Does it have to go through RFD etc. thanks in advance
    The process for buying/selling a gun privately is almost the same as from a dealer. The buyer still must apply for a license and have it before the seller (you) can hand over the firearm.

In section 3.3 of the FCA1 (source of firearm) the buyer would insert your certificate details including certificate number and that it is a private source as opposed to the dealers PULSE ID number. Once the deal is done and the buyer has acquired their license they show it to you before you hand over the firearm.

Other than this the rest stays the same. Of course the seller may choose to do the transaction through an RFD which would bring you back to me first post. However that is on the seller, not you.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement